PDA

View Full Version : Creature tokens: Most important creatures?

TheCorsairMalac
2017-03-11, 05:26 PM
I'm going to be making myself a set of tokens to use as monsters when my group plays D&D. But I don't want to--can't--make tokens of every creature.

Should I make generic tokens of 'minions' and 'spellcasters', or should I make specific tokens of creatures from the monster manual? If specific, what creatures are most frequently used?

VoxRationis
2017-03-11, 05:40 PM
Honestly, I'd just make differently-colored tokens of varying sizes.

Beleriphon
2017-03-11, 06:03 PM
Honestly a generic humanoid stand-in. Something that could be an orc, a goblin, or a hobgoblin. Undead, a pile of skeletons and zombies. Some big like an orge, maybe double side that sucker for the obverse being a large sized monster.

Giants, one for each type is reasonable.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-03-11, 06:59 PM
I'm a fan of using quarters, little bathroom tiles, cut-up whiteboard material-- anything that you can write on with dry erase marker, basically. That way you can write "orc 1, orc 2, spider" for one encounter, "archer 1, archer 2, archer 3" for another, and so on.

sktarq
2017-03-11, 07:14 PM
Second the dry erase token system. Esp if you get several that light color or white/color combo (I use poker chips with white centres for example)

Knaight
2017-03-12, 09:35 PM
It depends on style a lot - some people will get a lot of mileage out of all the undead, others out of the various human antagonists, yet others out of wild animals, etc.