PDA

View Full Version : Would this be against the board rules?

Ichneumon
2007-07-25, 03:58 PM
Hello, I am a bit confused about the rules about not discussing politics.

Is vegetarianism considered a non-discuss-able topic and would it be against the rules if I should put this:

"'Animals are my friends, and I'm not in the habit of eating my friends"

in my signature? I like the quote a lot, but as I know from my own experience, vegetarianism is something people can disagree about, so I am not sure if it is allowed as a signature quote...

Although this isn't a real political statement, I would first like to check here.:smallsmile:

Thank you (in advance).

PlatinumJester
2007-07-25, 04:03 PM
As long as you don't demand people to become Vegetarians then it's fine. Just don't give non Vegetarians crap about killing animals and it'll be fine.

Ego Slayer
2007-07-25, 04:32 PM
I don't think it's something that falls under politics. I do believe we've had threads for discussing vegetarianism before, so yes, I think it's fine.

And, to repeat what ^ said a little more eloquently (:smalltongue:), as long as you're respectful of others' opinions, you're safe.

Bookman
2007-07-25, 04:39 PM
So I'm guessing this isn't where I ask if PETA is actually "People Eating Tasty Animals"? :wink: :tongue:

I'm kidding. I highly respect vegetarians and think they're beliefs are awesome.

Rawhide
2007-07-25, 04:44 PM
Anything slightly political you put in your signature immediately becomes much more political, due to it being on every single one of your posts. While it might be ok (and I stress might) to reply to someone who asks why you are a vegetarian, its not something to put in your sig.

Ichneumon
2007-07-25, 04:48 PM
Thank you, I will not put in it my signature.:smallwink: