PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help my mad scientist develop fun experiments!

Nerdynick
2017-03-12, 01:32 PM
Alright, there's a long backstory to everything, but the gist of my situation is that my wizard character got access to blood magic. In this (heavily homebrewed) setting, the way this works is as follows:

The spell, Sanguine Transmutation, is a 4th level spell. Whenever you cast it over a vial full of blood, you create a potion infused with the essence of a word. Drinking the potion causes the imbiber to gain the qualities of that word, on a d10 roll below the level of the spell slot used to make the potion (so, 4th level spell slot has 40% chance to work). The imbiber then gets a mutation rolled randomly from a table I don't have access to. For example, you could imbue the word "warm" into a creature and it would emit unnaturally hot body heat.

So obviously this is a bag of worms that could backfire for both me and the GM (just like a wish spell), but I'm going to explore it anyways and see what I can do. I'm asking you guys for suggestions of one-word descriptions I can add to a creature that would make for some interesting experiments. For test subjects, I currently have a cockatrice and two basilisk eggs, but acquiring others shouldn't be insurmountable.

Ideas I currently have:

-A "glassy-gazed" basilisk that turns things to glass instead of stone. (Could use a better adjective)
-An actual golden goose
-Seeing if I can use it on plants to make bronzewood or some such.

Fishyninja
2017-03-12, 01:39 PM
So to confirm the imbiber gains the effects and as such you have used these potions to 'creat' the Glassalisk, and the golden goose?

I want to make sure I am on the right page so I can help

Nerdynick
2017-03-12, 02:08 PM
As far as I know, yes. (I'm working within what the GM has given me)

Fishyninja
2017-03-12, 02:43 PM
Creature/Item:
1 x Stone
Possible Result?: Golem.

Creature/Item:
Sapling
Possible Result?:
Ent

Creature/Item:
Sandals
Possible Result?: