DESTINATION: Inquisitorial Barge Toreandus, High Orbit over Empirica Major
DATE: 0703421.M41
TELEPATHIC DUCT:
Astropath-terminus Nacolep
REF: AdMech/0115242000.1/GW
AUTHOR: Inquisitor Capilene
ABRIDGER: Genetor-Primus Tethlisian
TITLE: Suspected Cult Activity on Empirica Major

Information has come to light pertaining to suspected cult activity on Empirica Major. A man calling himself Hadra Otherius arrived on Chartered Trade Ship Kalayandra at Cypra Mundi 0406420M.41. Otherius had hidden himself on the ship when it left Empirica Major. He was questioned, and his testimony was that he had been forced to leave Empirica due to Chaos Cult activity. Under futher questioning, he revealed that he had been forced to take part in one such cult ritual. He was summarily executed for treason to the Emporer. You have been dispatched to investigate these claims, and if need be, to deal with them. You have full powers, and are justified in any means neccessary. May the Emporer be with you.

Dates are DD/MM/YYY.Millenium

.................................................. ............

Inquisitor Auriga stood quite still, overlooking the bridge of the Toreandus. He activated a com-link to each of his hand-picked bodygaurds. "You are summoned to the bridge for final briefing." Turning, he swept off his requisitioned Chameoleoline Cloak, so that his retinue would be able to see him. He then turned around, waiting for their arrival.

This is your chance to introduce your character, give a physical description, etc...
Also, you need to pick a speech-colour. I'm going to work on a first come, first served basis if two people both want the same colour.

Ghal Marak
2007-07-25, 08:32 PM
Nolt

"GHAA!" Nolt fell off his cot, disturbed from his sleep. "Huwha? Oh, the vox." Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Nolt got up and grabbed his vox from the counter. "Sir, I am on the way." Dropping the vox, Nolt walked over to where he usualy dropped his clothes and got dressed. He then whent over and looked into the mirror. His blue eyes were blood shot. "Ugh, damned warp travel. Gives me nightmares." Running his fingers through his dirty blond hair, he decided that he needed to have it cut sooner or later. After washing his face and putting on his flakshirt, he picked up the vox again and holstered his laspistol and combatknife. On the way out he grabbed his Lasgun and secured his Powerbackpack. He didn't like to go without his weapons. Ever. If he had learned anything during his time in the Imperial guard, it was never go without a weapon. He left his cozy little bunk room and made way to the bridge.

ChronicLunacy
2007-07-26, 01:51 AM
Demetrius Sextus

A single affirmative beep came through the Inquisitor's vox in response to the order as Demetrius saw no need to flood the channel with voices. He had enough of those whispering inside his ears already. Or was that in his head? Nevermind. His psychic senses went to hell this close to the ship's astropath, sometimes overhearing bits and pieces of comm chatter, the whispers and emotions of his shipmates...nothing he could ever get a read on nor pin it to a single person. It was the other side of the coin to having the power he controlled. Some among his order could pick up troop transports and rip them in half with their minds, turn his enemies inside out with a gesture, tear space cruisers from orbit, but Demetrius was not nearly that powerful in his current stage of development.

The psyker had been included among the Lord Inquisitor's personal retinue for some time now. He was not without his own strengths, despite the vast difference between the select few of his brothers and he. He had been trained in the Holy Scholastica Psykana to be the God-Emperor's tool and hands in the war against the many heretical forces that threatened the Imperium and he was proud to be of service. Inquisitor Auriga had requested him personally and Demetrius had gladly stepped forth to do the Emperor's work. With that in mind, he lifted himself from his bed to do just the same.

A floating skull, pierced with metal plates and pieces of technology, suspended on its own personal anti-grav motor, floated out of its housing off to one side of the small cabin to join him as Demetrius dressed himself. He wore a hooded cloak over his bald head, casting his startling green eyes into shadow and hiding the mesh armor he wore underneath. His gear he stowed in his many pockets, hidden inside the robe itself, or in the daypack he wore underneath the cloak that gave him a hunchbacked look despite his formidable height of six feet. The skull floated patiently until he was ready.

"Father," he addressed the skull, "Come, we have work to do."

He exited his room, removing a his weapon and rig from a rack by his bed before doing so, and made his way towards the bridge. He took a roundabout route, circling as wide as possible around the astropath's bay. Eventually, however, he stepped out onto the command deck as ordered.

Stormkitten
2007-07-26, 09:04 AM
Kira Danusku

The small slim woman pauses in her excercises, her breathing slowing as she registers the disturbance to her normal routine. Rolling her shoulders, she heads to the comm unit on the wall. "Sir." Her acknowledgement is curt but clear.

Kira takes a few moments to change, donning her normal neat but practical clothing. She disliked weaing armour around the ship, even the light mesh was too heavy to be comfortable. She frees her black hair from the clips holding it in place, shaking it free to settle to her shoulders. Glancing once in the mirror, she checks her appearance is suitable for her appearance on the bridge. Dark, unreadable eyes stare back at her, gaze intent.

Once, she had been left-handed, and a trained melee fighter. Once, she had been one of the most gifted psykers her tutor had seen. But no longer. She straps the psi-blade to her hip, feeling incomplete without it. Finally, she picks up her utlity jacket, sliding the sleeve carefully over her weakened left arm, hiding the grisly three-claw scar that runs along it.

Making her way through the corridors at a fast pace, she nods to the few people she passes. As she nears the bridge, a faint echo, a buzz of warp energy makes her pause. The inquisitor; and the psyker was there, too. She could sense it... and it set her teeth on edge. Her hand drops to the blade hilt. Those with such power were to be watched carefully, even here.

She walks through the doors calmly, no trace of her inner thoughts visible even as she nods to those already assembled. Standing to one side, her stance is relaxed, yet alert. She waits in silence for futher orders.

Sepp
2007-07-26, 01:45 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph pauses his recorder as the Inquisitor makes his announcement, and keys the comm "Decimus. On my way." He flips the comm off, and rises, addressing his recorder "End log, date 0703421.M41." He tucks it away on his belt pouch, and tightens his armor. He draws his pistol, and ejects the magazine, making sure it is full, before reinserting it with a smooth click. He holsters it on his right hip, and straps his chainsword to his left. He steps into the corridor, towering over the crew hurrying by, his gaze only flicking to those that pass too close. His steps are light for his size, and his movement uncannily graceful as he enters the bridge, and scans those already arrived. He moves to one side, approximately ninety degrees from the door, and places his back to the hull. From here he can survey the whole room, and keep an eye on the door. "Reporting as ordered, sir." He says to the Inquisitor.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-28, 10:24 AM
The Inquisitor nods to Seriphius in response. He hands each of you a copy of the report he had been reading. (It's the one detailed in my first post).
"Empirica Major is a small planet, mostly covered by ocean. We will be landing in Empirica City, sitiuated on the Sylas peninsula." He activates a Holo-Map detailing the surface of Empirica Major. The Map zooms in on a small, built up peninsula.
"Empirica City is the seat of the Planetary Govenor, Joseph Dhaos. He has only come to power recently; I know little about him. The Inquisitor turns around slowly. He pauses, as if deciding whether to go on. After a few seconds, he continues.
"Empirica Major is my homeworld. I remeber it fondly, and I do not intend to allow it to be overun by some cult. We will find the heretics, and destroy them utterly, and any who are connected to them, however remote. No mercy, no respite. Is that clear?"

Sepp
2007-07-29, 11:31 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph reads the report carefully, and then studies the holomap. “And this…traitor, he gave no names of his fellow cultists? Do you suspect the new governor may have ties to Chaos?” His lips twist into a half smile. “It goes without saying, sir, that here shall be no respite against traitors to the Emperor.” He looks around at the others, watching their reactions, and making a metal note to study the map later, in his own quarters, if there is time.

Stormkitten
2007-07-29, 11:46 AM
Kira Danusku

"Understood." Kira replies to the inquisitor as she takes the report, scanning it quickly. There wasn't much to read, after all.

A slight smile comes to her face as she waits for the response to Seriph's questions. Not much to go on at all... Good. She liked a challenge.

Ghal Marak
2007-07-29, 06:55 PM
Nolt

Nolt imediately snapped to attention. "Sir, Yes sir!" Quickly dropping into his usual slouched stance, he chuckled. "Heh, you have to wonder about how the PDF is handling things. Those poor frakkers." He glanced over at Kira when she spoke, but quickly diverted his attention back to the Inquisitor. "My only question is this. Where is our incertion point, sir?"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-29, 07:02 PM
"If names were given, they were not passed on to me. As for the Govenor, it is entirely possible that he has been corrupted. However, we shall have to hope that he is loyal, or he could cause us considerable trouble." The Inquisitor nods at Seriphius' comment about traitors.
"Nolt, we will be landing in Empirica City, as I said before."
"Any more questions?"

Ghal Marak
2007-07-29, 07:21 PM
Nolt

Nolt turned a little red when he heard that. "Oh, sorry sir. I just woke up, and was not thinking clearly. I have no more questions, so if there is no more information, I believe I'll go and make myself a cup of recaf." Nolt did not move, but instead waited to be dismissed.

((Doh! That's what I get for speed reading. :smalleek: ))

Sepp
2007-07-29, 08:43 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph glances at Nolt, wondering if his lack of attention will be a handicap on the ground, before looking back to the Inquisitor."How long till touchdown, sir? I would like some time to memorize whatever maps we have available, if possible. You never know when knowing the location of the nearest I.G. Regiment could come in handy." He smiles wryly, but the emotion doesn't reach his eyes.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-30, 01:31 PM
"We will be landing in aproximatly 3 hours. I'll have the Tech-Priests give your room full map access."

Sepp
2007-07-30, 01:52 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph nods, and glances to the others, waiting to hear their questions, if they have any.

Stormkitten
2007-07-30, 01:58 PM
Kira Danusku

"I would like access to the maps, too. Also, how long is it since you were last here, sir?" She looks across to the inquisitor, wondering how outdated their local knowledge advantage would be. She could fit in almost anywhere, given time, but they did not necessarily have that.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-30, 04:17 PM
"It has been a long time." The Inquisitor looks away.
"If there are no more questions, then you are dismissed."

I don't have a map for Seriph and Kira yet, but I should be able to PM you one by tommorow.

Ghal Marak
2007-07-30, 04:39 PM
Nolt

Nolt saluted and left the bridge. "Damnit! I'm letting myself slip up. Mistakes cost lives. Lives and much, much more..." Nolt stopped and stared off into space, remembering. Shaking himself out of his reverie, he walked around aimlessly until he suddenly found himself the mess hall. Leaving his weapons on an empty table, he went and made himself breakfast, complete with recaf. He sat down at the weapon laden table and ate in silence, brooding over his past mistakes.

Sepp
2007-07-30, 06:50 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph glances at the others, then heads to the galley where he consumes some standard rations. He notes Nolt coming in, but seeing him lost in his thoughts says nothing. He finish his rations and heads back to his quarters, where he lays his vibrosword on the bunk, then opens the datafile the techpriests sent, studying the maps of Emperica City.

ChronicLunacy
2007-07-31, 11:31 PM
((OOC: Found some time to throw out a post.))

Demetrius Sextus

The psyker listened silently to the briefing, concealed within the folds of his voluminous cloak. The cloak was a matte gray, though the material seemed to shimmer and shift in an odd way whenever he moved. (Which wasn't often.) His opinions were neither needed nor wanted at this point so he settled for simply listening. He knew the others were always wary of him even if they didn't show it outwardly. A psyker was a mysterious being, never to be trusted, or so the Imperium taught its young minds. Suffer not the psyker, the mutant, the alien - the heretics, to live. Such was the fine line he treaded daily. It had been sheer luck that the Black Ships of the Inquisition had found him when he was a boy and plucked him off of the surface of Tanith, his homeworld. Luck smiled upon him again when he was chosen for training instead of simply being sacrificed to the Golden Throne like ten thousand other latent psykers every day to keep the Holy God-Emperor sustained.

When he thought about it, Demetrius considered himself extremely lucky. Not only had he survived death or worse to be given the opportunity of education in the Scholastica Psykana, but he'd been handpicked from that lot by a Lord Inquisitor to serve the God-Emperor directly...maybe even become an Inquisitor himself one day. All and all the paranoia and distrust of his fellows was a small price to pay for that sort of luck. So he remained quiet and content until the briefing had concluded.

When the Inquisitor gave them leave, Demetrius pondered the mission they'd set forth upon. There wasn't much to go on besides rumors at this point, so he ruminated that some serious surveillance would no doubt have to occur when they landed upon Empirica. Whether he would join the first insertion team or be kept behind for interrogation of suspects was the Inquisitor's prerogative, but Demetrius hoped he would be allowed some fieldwork. The ship got rather stuffy sometimes and the opportunity to touch new minds was refreshing.

The servo-skull hovering just above his shoulder turned and floated to the right, the ocular augmentation implanted directly into one of its eyesockets clicking and whirring as it gazed upon the Inquisitor almost curiously. It preceded Demetrius's approach, floating around the cloaked Lord on its small, but powerful anti-grav motors.

"Inquisitor, if I may ask, what is our first step in this investigation? Will my services be required upon the surface? I have been working on more subtle uses of my power and I believe that if there is warp taint somewhere in the city I would be the first to sense it given the opportunity." he said with a slight bow.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-01, 01:46 PM
"Our first step will be to meet with the Imperial Governor and make sure of our welcome. It would be a poor show of our faith indeed if we were to be attacked by the Governor's troops and forced to evacuate. I do not wish to start a war here, though I have no doubt we could win it."
I'm switching NPC text to red, since ChronicLunacy's taken grey. Also, please let me know when you are ready to move on.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-01, 01:56 PM
Demetrius Sextus

The psyker turned to regard the expanse of space that stretched over the planet's upper hemisphere and continued out into infinity, his robes whispering against his legs. Demetrius recognized the compliment in the Inquisitor's words, but did not draw attention to it. Auriga had at least enough confidence in his suboordinates that he would place them above a measly planetary defense force any day, and Demetrius agreed. Space marines, bounty hunters, professionals, veterans all, he would trust any of them to watch his back in a fight, despite their mistrust of him. He reached up silently to remove the hood from his bare scalp and let it fall to his shoulders. The servo-skull, seeming to sense that it was not included in the conversation, wandered off towards the navigator's station and made a show of hovering over the man/servitor's shoulder thoughtfully.

"Shall I be accompanying you then, my lord?" he repeated the second part of his previous question. If he was going down to the planet he would need a short while to meditate in preparation. He would have to actively keep the psychic white noise of a crowded city from troubling him once they made planetfall.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-01, 02:01 PM
Inquisitor Auriga

"Yes Demetrius, all of you will be accompanying me. I am sure your talents will be most useful."

Stormkitten
2007-08-02, 01:59 AM
Kira Danusku

She heads back to her room, and packs her usual travelling gear, before heading to the galley for a meal. Sometimes, things got so busy you never knew when you might get to eat again.

Sitting down uninvited next to the Marine, she studies a hardcopy printout of the maps, occasionally scribbling a note.

Happy to move on whenever.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-02, 02:48 AM
Inquisitor Auriga

"Yes Demetrius, all of you will be accompanying me. I am sure your talents will be most useful."

Demetrius nodded curtly in response, inclining his head so that the blue, spiral wyrm tattoo covering his left cheek became highly visible. "Very good, my lord. I shall prepare, with your leave." he said in parting. Barring no order to remain, he retired to his chambers without a meal to begin the hours of meditation necessary to both keep his mind clear and alert in the face of all those people and ready an appropriate allotment of psychic effects for the mission ahead. The servo-skull floating around the navigator's station buzzed after him, managing to slip out and follow before the door closed.

Stripping himself of his robes, Demetrius sat in the center of his room in the lotus position. The air quickly became choked with the cloyingly sweet smell of incense he had lit while all lights but a few candles remained extinguished. He spent the intervening time between that moment and the call to disembark centering himself through deep meditation and studying his tomes. Page after page of parchment held a language of runes he had developed specifically for his "spellbook", known only to himself without a sharp wit and countless hours of study to understand. He chose what effects to commit to memory with practiced dilligence and much thought as to their potential use. Lives sometimes depended upon his ability to chose wisely.

Set to move forward here, too.

Sepp
2007-08-02, 10:05 AM
Seriphius Decimus

The marine, having returned from his quarters, has his own hardcopy maps spread about before him, and is studying them as he sips a cup of recaf. Though normal not inclined to small talk, he knows communication is valuable between squad mates. "A rather large city. Only one spaceport, though." he says, not looking at Kira.

Stormkitten
2007-08-02, 02:30 PM
Kira Danusku

He may not be studying her, but she is quite obviously giving him a once over. She'd heard the Marines were impressive, but the stories didn't do them justice. If there was trouble... She glances across at Nolt, briefly. If there was trouble, these two should be able to handle it well enough.

She looks at the scattered maps with a sigh.
"Not enough information to go on, there's no sense of the people. And sometimes, getting information from the commander... Blood from a stone comes to mind."

Sepp
2007-08-02, 02:48 PM
Seriphius Decimus

"He is an Inquistor, that is to be expected. I suspect we'll find out more on the ground. You saw the report, that may be all he has... Given his role, that is by no means certain." He sips from his recaf, glancing at Nolt, then turning back to the maps.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-02, 06:52 PM
Nolt

Sighing, Nolt finished the remains of his recaf and gathered his gear. As he stood up he noticed that Seriphius and Kira had both come to the galley as well. He turned to leave, but then he sighed again and walked over to the table they sat at. He sat down on the opposite side and idly looked over the map. "So how does it look?" He obviously aimed the question at Seriphius, and he didn't look either one in the eyes.

Yeah, I'm ready to move on too. :smallsmile:

Sepp
2007-08-03, 10:09 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph glances at him, and shrugs."Too soon to say, really. The city is fairly standard, as cities go, but there is as yet too little information on the cult to say much about how hard killing them will be."

Ghal Marak
2007-08-05, 03:40 PM
Nolt

"I see. We just need to go in expecting the unexpected." Nolt stood up and looked around the galley one last time. Without saying anything more, Nolt left the galley and returned to his room. Once inside his room he dropped his gear and layed down on his cot. He figured he should get as much sleep as he could before they went planet side. Who knows how much down time he would get then.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-05, 04:51 PM
Inquisitorial Barge Toreandor

Three hours after the briefing, Inquisitor Auriga calls you all to the bridge again. This time, there is much more activity, as pilots and other personel move quickly about.
Inquisitor Auriga adresses you all, his hands crossed behind his back. "We will be boarding a small transport to land in a few minutes. This may be on of the most dangerous parts of the mission. If the Planetary Governor is hostile, we could be in a bad situation. We do have his assurances of welcome ... but they may mean nothing. A small force of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers will be landing first. If anything goes wrong, we will attempt to leave the surface immediately. If everthing goes smoothly, we will be taken to greet the Governor. Any questions?"

Ghal Marak
2007-08-05, 05:09 PM
Nolt

Nolt stood at attention. "Sir, no sir." He felt rested and energetic from his nap. He didn't even have any nightmares this time. So he was in a pretty good mood, though he didn't show it. He just wanted to forget his past in battle and shoot some heretics, so he was unconcerned about the dangers of orbital drops.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-06, 01:49 AM
Demetrius Sextus

As he had no questions, Demetrius elected to stay silent in lieu of stating the obvious. He stood like some sort of hunchbacked gargoyle in his oddly patterned robes that were much like the Inquisitor's own and patiently listened to any questions the others might put forth. Then, he made his way down to the transport that had been prepared for them with all haste. He was admittedly eager to be down on the solid ground once more. Emperor guide him, space and the horrors of warp travel tended to wear on Demetrius. Perhaps it was the feeling that so much was out of his control, that he was so close to that which he drew upon and feared as any sane person would when he was up there.

Sepp
2007-08-06, 09:06 AM
Seriphius Decimus

"No questions, sir." Seriph says, calmly awaiting touchdown, his weapons at his sides.

Stormkitten
2007-08-06, 02:12 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira just nods to the inquisitor, knowing there is nothing more she can do to prepare.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-06, 05:03 PM
Inquisitorial Barge Toreandor

The Inquisitor noded. "Good."
He turned, and began to walk purposefully towards the exit. He led you down several ship corridors, and then onto the transport ship. The ship itself, though much smaller than the barge, was still quite formidiable. The interior was much the same as the barge- sparse and functional. The pilot stepped on a short time after you. He was wearing the normal Imperial Navy uniform, and had a long, rather pale face.
"Good morning Inquisitor." he said, with a nod. He then sat down to the controls and began the process of leaving the docking bay. Several minutes later, the Transport had left the barge, and was gliding down towards Empirica Major.

Stormkitten
2007-08-07, 04:58 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira looks out of the viewport, not towards the planet, their destination, but out into the deep black. An unusual softness shows in her features as she contemplates the void.

Out here, she could almost feel it again. The full strength of the warp, dancing just out of reach, waiting for her to claim it...

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-07, 05:29 PM
Demetrius Sextus

"I know that look." Demetrius said as he sat down next to Kira, looking past her at the black kept out of reach by a few panes of reinforced plastics. "When you look out into the dark like that, it's looking right back into you. When you touch it...something reaches out and tries to grab you as well." he said softly, turning his eyes to her as if he was afraid to look outside. "You know what it is that lies in the void...don't you?" he whispered, his eyes wide.

Sepp
2007-08-07, 05:52 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph glances over at the pair, then returns to staring straight at the bulkhead, the scenery outside either viewport of little interest after so many landings. He is just glad no one is trying to shoot them down... yet.

Stormkitten
2007-08-07, 06:07 PM
Kira Danusku

"I know." She nods, slowly, turning to look at the psyker. "I was trained almost from birth, to sense it, to control it."
Her left hand trembles slightly, and she reaches for the hilt of her knife, seeming to take comfort from its presence.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-07, 06:19 PM
Demetrius

"That...that isn't something you can control. It's very definition is the absence of control. No order to Chaos." he said, looking back out the window. The capital "C" was something everyone could recognize. It was why they were there after all. Demetrius's gaze shot down to the knife, then to Kira again, and he seemed to realize for the first time that he might have been invading her personal space. "Be careful." he said in parting before he left his seat and took another way in the back.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-07, 06:33 PM
Imperial Transport

The Transport continues down through the planets atmosphere, the stabalizers reducing the turbulence to a low level. As the surface looms, the craft begins to slow. You can see the planet's surface. As the Inquisitor said, it is mostly water. There is a small continent, and you can see the Sylas Peninsula, you're destination. As you close in on the peninsula, Empirica City becomes discernable. It is quite large, but certainly not on the scale of the great hive cities of Armageddon or Terra. You can see two other transport ships ahead of you.
Inquisitor Auriga stares down as you come closer and closer to landing.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-07, 07:17 PM
Nolt

Nolt looked out the porthole at the city that they were rapidly approaching, keeping an eye out for any sudden flairs of light that would give away any rocket or lascannon firing. After a few minuets of watching, he turned to look at Seriphius. "Heh, at least we are not using those damned Drop Pods you Space Marines like to use so much." Nolt then went back to looking for any attack without waiting for an answer. Inwardly, Nolt cursed himself. He knew he shouldn’t talk to the others. The less he talked with and got to know them, the less he cared for their lives. Ticked off with himself, he found his mind wandering once again. And like so many times before, Analtia leaped to the forefront of his mind. This time, however, it was happy memories. Sighing, Nolt cleared his mind and focused on the here and now.

Sepp
2007-08-07, 07:50 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph turns his head slightly to stare at Nolt for a long moment, as though seeing him for the first time."No. If we where, none of you would survive. And that would cause the mission to fail." he says in a monotone, before turning away. His mind returns briefly to his last drop, before he suppresses the thought, focusing on the mission at hand.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-08, 08:55 AM
Empirica City

The Transports ahead land succesfully on massive platform, high above the street below. The Inquisitorial Stormtroopers begin to file out, about 50 of them in all. Technicians and servitors scurry about the the platform to deal with the ships. Some of the technicians are dark skinned, and wear looser, lighter clothing than their caucasion counterparts.
Finally, your Transport touches down on the platform. The Hatches open automatically after a few seconds, and the ramp extends to the platform's surface. Inquisitor Auriga nods to the pilot, and then begins walking down the ramp.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-08, 02:27 PM
Demetrius Sextus

The psyker filed out with the others, putting the hood of his cloak up so that his features were obfuscated from casual observance. With his pack giving him that hunchbacked appearance he probably looked like some kind of sage or technoadept. He did this purposefully since those they went up against usually ignored the sage as a noncombatant in the face of one of the Adeptes Astartes like Seriphius. He took a place somewhere several places behind and to Auriga's left, detachedly surveying his surroundings.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-08, 10:18 PM
Nolt

Holding his lasgun at the ready, Nolt followed the Psyker down the ramp. He scanned the area for any dangers as he waited at the base of the ramp. He noticed that not all the techies looked the same, but dismissed it out of hand. There was nothing wrong with that.

Sepp
2007-08-09, 10:00 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph follows them, his eyes adjusting to the bright sunlight. He takes in the techies, then steps back to stand beside the ramp, ready to use it for cover should trouble start.

Stormkitten
2007-08-09, 05:59 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira follows them, dressed in her smart but nondescript clothing, looking like nothing more than an aide or administrator. Her weapons are hidden.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-10, 11:00 AM
Empirica City

A pale young man with blonde hair and blue eyes walks up to Inquisitor Auriga.
"Good day to you, Inquisitor! My name is Derrick Karlau. I'm an aide of the Governor. I will take you to him. Before we go, I'd just like to warn you, there will probably be quite a crowd come to see you. Knowledge of your arrival was leaked from our office, and the press have had a field day. We haven't had a proper Imperial Official visit in many, many years, you see. We have the PDFs on the streets, to keep things from getting out of hand."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-19, 02:54 PM
Empirica City

Inquisitor Auriga frowns, obviously annoyed, but follows Derrick to an elevator platform. The elevator decends quickly, to the level of the street, where you are greeted by quite a sight.
The streets are crowded with people, both dark and light skinned, just as with the technicians. There are barriers in place around the street, and both the Adeptus Arbites and the PDFs are in view, crowded at the edge. Their weapons are very visible.
As the crowd sees, the Inquisitor decending, a great deal of noise erupts from the street. The din is staggering, and in some place the PDFs and law enforcement officers are nearly swamped in the crowd.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-19, 05:53 PM
Demetrius Sextus

The hooded, hunched psyker stood behind the Inquisitor with a newly developed tick in his right eye. The voices, audible and psychic, pounded at his mind unrelentingly, making it hard to focus. He put two fingers to his right temple and tried to screen most of it out. Still, the fresh air was doing him wonders, and even the loudest mind out here was nothing compared to being in a cramped space with an astropath or two.

"All this attention isn't going to help the investigation. Our movements will be very restricted if everyone knows who we are, my lord." he said, pulling his hood down a bit more.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-19, 06:30 PM
Nolt

Nolt eyed the crowd obvious trepidation. He half turned and spoke his voice full of tension. "Sir, I think the Psyker is right! Plus it would be all too easy for this crowd to turn into a lynch mob. Not to mention that there could be snipers. We need to leave as fast as possible." He didn't raise his weapon, but he did keep his hand on his sidearm at all times. He nervously glanced across the roof tops, taking special interest in any open windows.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-19, 06:34 PM
Demetrius

"I know we're not good friends, Master Nolt, but my name is Demetrius. I'd rather not like to advertise my talents to the general public if you don't mind." he whispered to Nolt, a small smile showing underneath his hood as he tugged it down a bit more. He shuffled in place as Father, the hovering skull orbiting his head, seemed to take interest in the crowd. A light in one of its empty orbitals glowed on and blinked a few times before it swiveled towards Nolt.

Sepp
2007-08-20, 11:20 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph nods in agreement with Nolt, and moves to flank the investigator, a hand near his chainsword. "Agreed. We need to get inside as soon as possible." He scans the crowd, particularly the areas where the PDF is seeming overwhelmed.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-20, 11:30 AM
Empirica City

When Derrick hear's Nolt's comments he turns to him, his face angry."A lynch mob! Sir, our citzens are loyal Imperial subjects, they would never attack an Imperial official! Crowd him, and pester him, and slow him down, they might, but they would never attack him!"

Stormkitten
2007-08-20, 12:17 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira scans the crowd, not looking too long at any one person, instead relying on her instincts to guide her attention to any potential troublemakers. Walking a few paces behind the main group, she does her best to project an aura of unimportance.

At Derrick's words, her intense gaze flicks to him for a long moment, trying to sense the veractity of his effusive statement.

Intuition/Danger Sense (Will save DC 15) - Roll: [roll0]
Disguise and Bluff are both 2, so a 'look unimportant' check (2) - Roll: [roll1]
Sense Motive on Derrick (9+3 Empathy bonus) - Roll: [roll2]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-21, 04:09 PM
Empirica City

Responding to Derrick's outburst, Inquistor Auriga says "Be that as it may, we should get moving. I assume you have transportation?"
Derrick nods and steps off the platform, as two large black cars, of premium make pull up. He motions toward them.

The cars are wheeled, by the way. They look similar to a classic Rolls Royce. There is space for up to four people in each car (plus the drivers), but things will be more comfortable with three per car. You can decide who's going with Derrick and who with the Inquisitor.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-21, 05:44 PM
Demetrius

The psyker stepped past the guards and into the car with Derrick, his curiousity about the planet and its happenings getting the better of him. Father floated aimlessly around the vehicle for a moment before slipping in as well. The robed magos kept his hood up and his features masked for the time being until the car had safely pulled away. He didn't want anyone in the crowd to be able to recognize him had he the need to go out in public during the investigation, and the millions of pictograph flashes going on outside of the vehicle were sure to catch him if he wasn't careful.

"So, Mr. Karlau," he said once everyone had chosen their cars and the doors and windows were closed, "What exactly was it you were told in regards to why my Lord is here on Empirica?" he asked innocently enough as he pulled his hood down to rest on his shoulders.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-21, 07:29 PM
Empirica City

Derrick looks slightly puzzeled at Demetrius' question. "I was told this is a fairly routine vist- just checking things here, to make sure we're all serving the Emperor loyaly. Why? Is there more to it?" Derrick's eyes light up, and he is obviously excited by the prospect.

Wasn't your speach-colour grey before, Chronic? That's why I changed NPC text to red in the first place. I don't care either way, but please pick one and stick with it.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-21, 08:22 PM
Nolt

Nolt sat by the Inquisitor, having purposefully chosen the opposite car of Demetrius. "...damnit." He hated it when he made rookie mistakes like that. Back in the Imperial Guard rookie mistakes got a man killed. He ignored the window and what rushed past outside the car and focused on performing minor calibrations on his Lasgun.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-21, 08:33 PM
OOC:
It was, but I got it mixed up with another game I'm in. Won't happen again. :smallredface:

Empirica City

Derrick looks slightly puzzeled at Demetrius' question. "I was told this is a fairly routine vist- just checking things here, to make sure we're all serving the Emperor loyaly. Why? Is there more to it?" Derrick's eyes light up, and he is obviously excited by the prospect.

Demetrius Sextus

The magos sighed and folded his hands calmly in his lap, his face an impassive mask. "More to it? Now why would you think that, my friend?" he said, tilting his head slowly towards one side. "Is there something else you wish to bring to our attention?" he asked calmly, a conspiratorial smile crossing his lips. "Or should we be taking a closer look..." Father interrupted by zooming up close to Derrick's head and started to scan him with its glowing, red oculars, "...anywhere?"

The best way to parry an annoying question was to answer it with another pointed question. Being in the retinue of an Imperial Inquisitor made it laughably easy to make people sweat. Just insinuate that someone might be under investigation and they sang like the carrion birds of Cadia. He didn't elaborate either, letting doubt and panic start slowly creeping in. Who needed psychic powers when you had these verbal surgeon's tools to work with?

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-22, 11:48 AM
Empirica City

Derrick quickly loses his excitement, and as the servo-skull comes so close to his face, he looks positivly scared. "N-nn-n-n... Godammit! I'm s-sorry s-s-sir. I s-stutter when I'm n-ner- I mean, s-sometimes."
Derrick takes a minute to calm himself, then starts again. "No, sir. There isn't anything I think you need to look into closely." He keeps his face impassive as he says this.

Sepp
2007-08-22, 12:04 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph watches the crowd, expressionless, then glances at Kira beside him, arching an eyebrow meaningfully. "Getting anything from the crowd? Given how nervous our guide was, something is being hid. Advanced warning on an ambush would be nice." He turns his attention back to the crowd, ready to exit the door at the first sign of trouble.

He is by the door, Kira next to him. I assume Heinreich is on her other side

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-22, 03:22 PM
Derrick quickly loses his excitement, and as the servo-skull comes so close to his face, he looks positivly scared. "N-nn-n-n... Godammit! I'm s-sorry s-s-sir. I s-stutter when I'm n-ner- I mean, s-sometimes."
Derrick takes a minute to calm himself, then starts again. "No, sir. There isn't anything I think you need to look into closely." He keeps his face impassive as he says this.

Demetrius

"Father, give the man some breathing room for the Emperor's sake." Demetrius ordered, and the servo-skull acquiesced after a moment of focusing its oculars at Derrick. "Don't be so nervous, Mr. Karlau. Any loyal citizen who loves the Emperor has nothing to fear from us. You do love the God-Emperor, yes?" he chuckled, noting Derrick's stutter for future reference. He slid a sidelong glance towards Seriphius and Kira as Derrick collected himself, giving them a slight smile. Mostly, he was just having some fun with the nervous aide. It had been a long flight, after all.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-22, 06:00 PM
Empirica City

Derrick nods.

The cars continue down the streets, and the crowds thin as you get farther from the landing point. Two Adeptus Arbites vehicles keep nearby however, one in front and one behind. The buildings of Empirica City are tall and beautiful, but you can still see the sky. The city is nothing like the dirty, overcrowded and polluted hives of other worlds.
Eventually, the cars pull up and park in front of a tall, butressed building. Derrick gets out and says "This is the Governor's parliment building."

Stormkitten
2007-08-22, 06:17 PM
Kira Danusku

She talks quietly to Seriph as they step out of the car. "There's nothing specific I can sense, everything seems calm."

Keeping her pose as a minor part of the entourage, she gives Derrick a reassuring smile, and pats him lightly on the arm when it seems the Inquisitor isn't looking. "You'll be fine." Her words are quiet, barely audible even to him.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-22, 06:19 PM
Nolt

Nolt stepped out of the car and circled around to the other side. He then oppened the Inquisitor's door for him and stood at attention as he waited for him to get out of the car. Well, so far so good. I'll breathe easier when we get inside.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-22, 08:46 PM
Demetrius

"I find it odd that Governor Dhaos didn't come to meet Lord Auriga directly instead of sending an aide. He must be making a point about having us come to him." Demetrius smiled, speaking in a low voice at Seriphius's side so that Derrick wouldn't hear them. The huge brother-sergeant(?) of the Adeptes Astartes was as imposing as he was quiet, and Demetrius had wondered more than once just how long the warrior had served the Emperor. Space marines could live many centuries despite their penchant for dying gloriously in battle. He'd never asked Seriphius anything personal, actually. To be honest, he didn't even know to what holy chapter the warrior belonged. He would make sure to engage him in conversation the next time the Inquisitorial retinue had a quiet moment.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-24, 09:36 AM
Empirica City

Derrick seems suprised at Kira's kindness. "Thank you Miss." he says quietly.
Then he walks to the front of the group and into the building. The lobby is large, with green tiled floor and walls. Several well armed gaurds glance up as you come in, but, seeing Derrick, they ignore you. Derricks walks to a large metal door. He takes out a card and swipes it, then says in a clear tone "Derrick Karlau, taking the Inquisitor Auriga and his retinue to the Governor's office."
After a few seconds, the doors open and he steps onto the lift.

Sepp
2007-08-24, 03:56 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph glances at the other, making sure they are ready for anything, then steps onto the lift. "Impressive building."He says in a noncommittal tone, turning to face the street.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-25, 10:17 AM
Nolt

"Hmmm..." Nolt looked around the room as well, but he wasn't very impressed. He then stepped on the lift next to Seriphius.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-25, 10:52 AM
Demetrius

The psyker seems to be in deep, nonverbal communication with his servo-skull, just staying over in the corner for the time-being until his input was required.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-25, 12:19 PM
Empirica City, Office of the Governor

After a short trip upwards, the lift once again opens. The room before you is a large and well furnished office. The floor is covered in a comfortable carpet with a strange, octagonal design on it. The walls are the same green tile as before, but are mostly covered by windows or tapestries depicting the same design as the floor.
At the far side of the room there is a large, ornate desk, covered in neat stacks of paper. Behind it is the Governor, Joseph Dhaos. He is rather pudgy man, but his face seems strong. He has watery blue eyes and brown hair, and wears very casual clothes for someone of his office.
Sitting on a chair by the left wall is another man. He is very thin, with a sharp face and blue eyes. His hair is dark, and he wears and official-looking uniform.
Standing to the right of Governor is another man, in the Military Uniform of a high ranking PDF officer. He has brown hair and eyes. Also in the room are two security gaurds, standing by the wall opposite of the Governor.
Derrick steps forward and speaks to the Dhaos. "Governor, may I introduce our guest, Inquisitor Auriga," he says, with a flourish. Dhaos nods, and speaks. "You grace us with your visit, Inquisitor. I am Joseph Dhaos, Imperial Governor of this planet. This man," he points to the man sitting on the chair, "is Justicar Aaron Artanis. And this is John Gatewell, commander of the Planetary Defense Forces." he says, gesturing toward the officer. "Perhaps you could introduce your entourage?" he asks.
Inquisitor Auriga narrows his eyes at this request. "I am sure they can introduce themselves, Governor." he says.

I've sent PMs for Kira and Demetrius on things they've noticed.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-25, 06:31 PM
Demetrius

Well...

That was one mark against the current governing body already and they had barely entered the room. Demetrius tilted his head just a tad, not really paying attention to the conversation but focusing more intently upon something he had just noticed, like a rock hitting the windshield and startling one out of the stupor of long-distance transportation. From underneath his hood, green eyes studied the governor's entourage with curiosity. However, rather than blurt out whatever it was, he decided to keep his composure. He did spare at glance at Kira, though.

Ghal Marak
2007-08-26, 11:38 PM
Nolt

Nolt took a step forward and thumped himself on the chest. "I'm Nolt Iadmos, Inquisitor Auriga's bodyguard." He then stepped back beside the Inquisitor and waited for the others to introduce themselves.

Stormkitten
2007-08-27, 01:27 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira catches the glance from Demetrious, her own senses on edge as she studies the Governor and those he has chosen to accompany him. Taking a step forward, she inclines her head slightly in greeting.

"I am Kira Danusku, aide to Inquisitor Auriga."

She knew that a wait for the others to introduce themselves could turn into an uncomfortably long pause. The marine was never one for words, and the psyker... would need more time to adjust to the landing, the new 'voices', than she had.

She gestures to the huge man standing just beside her.
"This is Marine Decimus, of the White Scars Chapter."

Her gaze flicks to the servo-skull in the corner, which seems to be regarding her with some amusement, projecting it despite the emotionless visage. Indicating its master, she continues the introductions.
"And this is Master Sextus, loremaster and keeper of the official records."

Let them make of that what they would. With a quick glance to the Inquisitor, she makes sure she would not be interrupting if he wished to speak. She glances at each of the governor's companions for a brief moment, then smiles warmly.

"I trust everything is in order? It seems our visit has caused some little excitement."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-27, 05:36 PM
Empirica City

"Well, everything is as ordered as could be expected, considering the situation." Dhaos says. "Derrick, leave us. Gaurds, you too. I'm sure I'm perfectly safe with the Inquisitor and his retinue here."
Derrick and the Gaurds exit the room by one of the doors. Once they're gone, Gatewell, the PDF commander, speaks. "Now. About this supposed cult." he practically spits the last word. "I don't know where you got your information, but I'd don't believe a word of it. Mind enlightening me whose been telling tales?"
The Justicar frowns at this. "Show the man some respect, General. You seem to have forgotten what it's like to have someone outrank you."
Inquisitor Auriga is not pleased. "Our sources are of no concern to you, General. And I must say, I am not impressed with the situation here at all."
Governor Dhaos glares at Gatewell, then says "Is there anything else you need to ask right now?"

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-27, 06:55 PM
Demetrius Sextus

"If I may, my lord?" Demetrius said, bowing to the Inquisitor politely. Given leave to speak, he took a step foreward and addressed the Governor and the General.

"You say you have heard nothing of heretical activity on Empirica, General? Governor?" he asked curiously. "Not even a whisper, in fact? Someone's just telling tales?" he chuckled. "I find that hard to believe, given the size of the world's general population. You'd think that the Arbites or local police forces would be putting on a witch trial at least every few years just to show they are doing their fair share. It is common among most planets in the Imperium just to avoid visits such as this one." he said, examining a piece of art off to the side of the room curiously.

"Furthermore, you haven't had any latent psykers showing up at all? No one reported to the Black Ships or the Scholastica Psykana in recent memory? They tend to poke their heads out every decade or so...but you're telling me it's all quiet on the home front?"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-28, 10:59 AM
Empirica City

Gatewell face goes red with anger at Demtrius' words. He starts to yell something, but Dhaos cuts him off.
"Enough, Gatewell." he sighs, then continues "The last psycher discovered here was found 10 years ago, and was excecuted, as he was to dangerous to contain until the Imperial Official arrived. That was before I was Governor, and I cannot be held resposible for the actions of my predecessor. As for witch hunts, we don't believe in tormenting the innocent here, and we have found no evidence of true cultists for over 200 years."

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-28, 08:51 PM
Demetrius

Demetrius clasped his hands in front of him as he enjoyed the general's explosive temper, noting that for future reference as well. He enjoyed testing these people. It would be more efficient to know they're weaknesses if he had to interrogate them later.

"So, just to confirm this, you're saying there have been no psykers or heretics at least within the last ten years? You have kept your detection methods up to date and kept close watch upon your territory in the time you have been governor?" he smiled. "This is for my records, so I have to be thorough."

Ghal Marak
2007-08-28, 09:37 PM
Nolt

Nolt watch the General's explosive fury in quiet fascination. He knew that many officers took the approach of leading the Guardsmen with a combination of intimidation and the chain of command. He had even served under a few of them. More often then not they were found with a lasbolt through the back of their head, one of the many victims of 'friendly fire'. He smirked when he thought of this. He had witnessed more than a few of those incidences.But since this guy's a General, I doubt it will happen. Nolt rubbed his nose and let his gaze wander the office.

Stormkitten
2007-08-29, 02:41 AM
Kira Danusku

The sudden surge of anger in the room takes her by surprise, even though she should have expected some reaction.

Careless... she thinks, as she keeps a tight control on her expression.

Watching Mayor Dhaos once more, she considers all the possibilities implied by what she has noticed.

Trying to identify the powder / drug:
Knowledge (Streetwise) (1d20+8=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1230660)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-29, 08:45 AM
Empirica City

"We have kept our methods as up to date as possible, considering our limited contact with the rest of the Imperium. We are vigilant for traitors, mutants, and heretics, as are we all, but we have been lucky enough not to find any." Dhaos says.
"Do you have any further questions, Master Sextus?"

Kira:
You cannot identify it by sight alone, but it is probably recreational, rather than medicinal or performance enhancing.

Sepp
2007-08-30, 11:34 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph leans back against the wall, listening to the discussion about him, his eyes on the psyker, waiting for some flash of alarm. He leaves the interrogation to the others, knowing that this is what they are trained for. Still, he stays alert, ready to spring into action at a moments notice.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-30, 12:43 PM
"Do you have any further questions, Master Sextus?"

"Why, in fact, I do, governor. Though, it is more of a concluding statement this time." Demetrius said, walking in front of Seriphius and at the same time giving him a signal for danger behind his back. The rest of the party would no doubt see it as they were behind him while the governor's retinue would remain blissfully unaware. "I think, governor, that if your detection methods were up to date, you would know that there is a psyker in this very room. In fact, he is sitting not ten feet from your desk." Demetrius said pointedly, looking at the Justicar.

"Justicar Artanis, with all due respect please stay seated and think clean, pure thoughts, mmmkay? And hope to the holy God-Emperor that this is all a big misunderstanding."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-30, 01:03 PM
Empirica City

Dhaos smiles. "I am well aware of the Justicar's abilities, Master Sextus. As I said, there have been no new psychers found here in the last 10 years. However, Justicar Artanis' talents were not discovered here."
Artanis continues. "I was discovered on Mordian, my homeworld. Instead of being drafted into the Imperial Gaurd, I was trained as a psycher. I came to Empirica 15 years ago, and have been employing my talents to help the local law enforcement since. When Governor Dhaos assumed his current position, he appointed me Justicar."
"Satisfied, Master Sextus?" asks Dhaos.

Sepp
2007-08-30, 02:13 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph sees the signal, and becomes fractionally more alert, though no one observing him would notice it.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-30, 07:17 PM
Demetrius Sextus

"Not in the least, governor. Lying by way of omission is still lying." Demetrius frowned. "All records of psyker activity in your government should have been made available to the Inquisitor and by way of him, to me, long before we ever arrived here. As such, this is unacceptable." he said, quickly replacing his dour expression with a serene smile. "My apologies, Justicar, but I would like all records of your discovery, education and subsequent postings transmitted to me immediately for review. I must be thorough." he said with a small, almost humble bow.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-30, 07:52 PM
Empirica City

"Very well Master Sextus." says the Justicar. "However, I hope you will do me the same courtesy, by submitting your own records of discovery, education, and the rest."

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-30, 10:35 PM
Demetrius

"I would be glad to do so, had the Inquisitor not already had full knowledge of it." Demetrius smiled. "Though I applaud your deductive powers, my friend, and would like to discuss at length your theories on the subject of...well, our subject, isn't it?" he added, folding his hands within his robes. "I'm sure it would be fascinating to hear your own unique perspective."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-31, 07:53 AM
Empirica City

"Enlightening as I'm sure that would be, we have more pressing matters to deal with, do we not?" says the Justicar.

ChronicLunacy
2007-08-31, 09:28 AM
Demetrius

"Oh, it would be at your leisure, of course." Demetrius said, taking a few steps back into the group. "I suppose I am finished with my preliminary questions. So, as I believe I've taken up more than enough of our collective time, until I have something else to discuss I will yield the floor to my companions."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-31, 12:40 PM
Empirica City

"I ask once again, are there any further questions?" says Governor Dhaos, an exasperated expression on his face.

Stormkitten
2007-09-01, 04:31 AM
Kira Danusku

There is an awkward silence for a few moments, then Kira flashes her most diplomatic smile.

"That will be all for now. Inquisitor Auriga thanks you for your co-operation."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-01, 10:30 AM
Empirica City

Dhaos nods. "Derrick will show you to your rooms. If you need to speak to me again, just ask him. In fact, if there is anything you need, just ask him. He is your personal guide for the duration of your stay."
Dhaos calls Derrick back into the room, and you go back down the lift, through the lobby, and to the cars again.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-02, 12:15 PM
Empirica City

The drive is a short one. Only a few blocks away from the Governor's building is a large, lavish hotel.
Derrick looks up at the hotel, and says "This is the Hotel Hallridia. It should provide adequete living space for the duration of your investigation, Inquisitor." He hands Auriga a small metal device. "You can use this to contact me if you need anything."
"Thank you Derrick, you may go." says Inquisitor Auriga. He then steps inside the hotel. The inside of the hotel is furnished in soft reds, and the walls covered in drapes similar to the ones in the Governor's office. As you are walking to the desk, you pass a couple of PDFs, speaking quietly to each other near the doors.
You are all issued keys and passes to your rooms, which are on the second floor.

Stormkitten
2007-09-02, 04:54 PM
Kira Danusku

Taking her key, the small woman steps up beside Derrick with a smile, speaking quietly.
"Can we talk when you have a moment? I've not been far from my homeworld before, and I'd like to learn more about Empirica."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-03, 08:30 AM
Empirica City, Hotel Hallridia

Derrick looks blankly at Kira for a second, and then says "Sure, Miss. Just let me know when you want to talk."

Ghal Marak
2007-09-03, 11:09 AM
Nolt

Nolt stepped into his room and shut the door. He walked a few stepps inside and looked around. "Hmm... a little swank for my taste, but it will do." He went and dropped his powerpack and weapons next to the bed and flopped down on it.

Sepp
2007-09-03, 11:29 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph stands behind Keri, scanning the lobby as he listens to her pump their guide for information.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-04, 04:44 PM

Your passes let you into a large room, with a fireplace and couches. Like the rest of the hotel, it is well decorated and has the now familiar wall hangings. Six rooms open off of it, three on each side. They keys are for these rooms. Five are bedrooms; the sixth has been converted into an office.
Inquisitor Auriga beckons Demetrius over. "You did very well there, Demetrius. I was most impressed."
RP or whatever as much as you want, we'll move on once everybody is done.

Ghal Marak
2007-09-06, 11:37 PM
Nolt

Soon, Nolt was snoring loudly. He twitched every so often, having the same nightmare that plagued his dreams. Analtia, begging him to go with her, even in the face of his orders, her beautiful eyes, crying. The last time he would ever see her, and he made her cry. Moaning, Nolt rolled over on the bed.

Sorry for my lateness. :smallsmile:

Sepp
2007-09-07, 04:52 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph glances at Kira, finding her long silence odd.

ChronicLunacy
2007-09-07, 01:29 PM

Your passes let you into a large room, with a fireplace and couches. Like the rest of the hotel, it is well decorated and has the now familiar wall hangings. Six rooms open off of it, three on each side. They keys are for these rooms. Five are bedrooms; the sixth has been converted into an office.
Inquisitor Auriga beckons Demetrius over. "You did very well there, Demetrius. I was most impressed."

The psyker bowed a bit humbly, a quick smile highlighting his face. He removed his hands from his robes and clasped them in front of him. "Thank you, my lord, but I believe one of my verbal snares failed to catch what it was after. Still, the knowledge of a psyker in the governor's retinue is quite valuable to us. It would be wise to watch the Justicar, I think?"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-07, 07:04 PM

"Very wise indeed." says the Inquisitor.

Stormkitten
2007-09-08, 03:05 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira speaks quietly to Darrick, only Seriph close enough to overhear the conversation.

"So what did you want to know, Miss...?"

"There's a good chance I won't have much to do tomorrow night, once we're settled in. Is there a chance we could take a look around the city? Provided you have no other duties, of course."
She smiles warmly, trying to gauge his reaction.

"My only duties right now are to help you guys with whatever you need. I'd be happy to show you the city. Did you have a specific place you wanted to see?"

"Not at the moment. If I think of something by tomorrow, I'll let you know. Otherwise, maybe you could choose?" She grins.

"Certainly." he grins back. "Anything else you wanted to ask me?"

"No, but I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Thank you."

The exchange does not last long, and finally Kira turns to the Inquisitor. "I think that is all for tonight. Unless you have any other business for Darrick?"

ChronicLunacy
2007-09-08, 07:48 PM
Demetrius

"I, myself, will retire for the night as well. I must meditate." Demetrius said in parting before nodding amicably to the others and heading back to his room for the night. Once there, he took time to center himself, then reorganized his mental notations and theories about the case at hand for tomorrow's investigations. Only then did he retreat to wherever it was psykers went when it looked like they were sleeping.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-09, 07:44 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira speaks quietly to Darrick, only Seriph close enough to overhear the conversation. The exchange does not last long, and finally Kira turns to the Inquisitor. "I think that is all for tonight. Unless you have any other business for Darrick?"
"No. You may go, Darrick." Thank you for your help. says the Inquisitor.
Darrick nods to those still in the room, and then leaves.
Everybody ready to move on?

Ghal Marak
2007-09-09, 08:29 PM
I'm ready. :smallbiggrin:

Sepp
2007-09-10, 05:37 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph heads to his quarters, for sleep.

Ready.

Stormkitten
2007-09-10, 03:39 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira waits for Darrick to leave, then makes a brief quiet report to the Inquisitor, her demeanour changing almost completely.

"The governor is taking some kind of drug, I'm pretty sure it's of the recreational variety. I can focus my investigations on that, if you wish. I'm hoping to keep my role here fairly low key, persuade Darrick I'm safe to talk to."

She pauses, then adds, "Perhaps one of our more military people should try and speak to the head of the defense forces... I think that is all."

She scans the room, trying to detect anything unusual or out of place, heading to her room once dismissed.

Search roll: [roll0] + 8
Ready to move on.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-10, 04:10 PM

The Inquisitor raises his eyebrows at Kira's information about the Governor, but says nothing.
Kira finds nothing out of the ordinary in her room, or any other.
Search is one of the checks that I roll for you, since you aren't supposed to know how well you are searching.

Several hours later, after everyone is asleep...

Seriphius wakes up. Someone is moving around in the room. Before he can do anything about it, a sudden peal of gunfire blasts throughout the rooms!The gunfire wakens everbody. Roll Initiative! Seriph gets a suprise round, since he was already awake. (Please remeber to include AC, HP, Ammo, ect. in all combat posts. Also remember that unless you sleep in your armour, you won't be wearing it, and it takes a move action to pick up items such as weapons.)

ChronicLunacy
2007-09-10, 07:54 PM
Demetrius Sextus
AC: 17
HP: 53/53
Ammo: N/A (No weapon in hand.)

Initiative (1d20+1=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1255846)

At the sound of the gunfire, Demetrius's eyes snapped open. Rather than jumping up and most likely getting bisected by lines of repeating bolter or stubber fire, he merely rolled off of his bed onto the floor and attempted to scuttle into a more secure corner of the room. As he normally slept in his odd, light-bending cloak, he felt reasonably secure in the dark unless someone decided to blow up the building itself. As if reassuring himself, he pulled it a bit tighter around his shoulders.

He looked over at the table off to one side of the room near the overly large pict-plate he'd been provided with, where his bolter and vox-caster lay along with a few other items that weren't comfortable enough to sleep in. He cursed silently before trying to take in more of the situation, casting out his senses, all of them, in an attempt to locate the source of the gunfire or perhaps more direct attackers on their way to try to finish him off.

Demetrius briefly wondered if the others were alright, but pushed those thoughts aside after a moment. Instead, he made internal preparations to strike back... Were these peons prepared to handle his mind and all the horrors of the Warp it could unleash? Demetrius smiled. He would enjoy finding out.

Recap:

Rolling off the bed and into a corner, staying low but attempting to find the enemy using any sense possible. (Including Psychic Sense) Didn't know if you wanted me to roll any of that or if you wanted to do it yourself. He'd readying some psyker goodness for next turn, as well.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-10, 08:26 PM
Empirica City
Combat Actions are not needed yet, I want to get the initiative order first. (Except for Seriph, he gets a suprise round.) I'm not counting your post as combat actions, Chronic, since most of what you did is free anyway. From his room, Demetrius cannot sense anybody. However, the lights are on in the main room, and he would likely be able to see his attackers then.
About Sense Rolls: If you are conciously deciding to focus on a sense, you can roll. (or let me roll, if you prefer) Otherwise, I'll roll it.

ChronicLunacy
2007-09-10, 08:29 PM
I want to know where the gunfire is going, and more importantly, where it's coming from. If there are any enemies within eye/ear/nose/psychic shot that would be good to know as well. You can roll for me. It's more fun that way.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-10, 08:37 PM

The gunfire is coming from the right of Demitrius' door, the direction opposite of the hallway. There is a balcony in that direction, and Inquisitor Auriga's room and the office are in that direction.

Ghal Marak
2007-09-11, 09:47 AM
Nolt
AC:23 HP:61/61 Ammo:0/0 (20/20 when he gets his pistol)

Initiative: [roll0]

Nolt dove off of the bed in the direction of his weapons on the floor nearby when the sudden gunfire woke him up. "Frak! I should have slept with it under my pillow!" He fumbled for his laspistol, trying to pull it from it's holster.

He is going for his Laspistol. He went to sleep with his flakshirt on, and he designates the first enemy he spots with his Combat Sense.

Stormkitten
2007-09-12, 03:36 AM
Kira Danusku

Def: 17 HP: 48 Ammo: n/a

Kira wakes, not moving for a few moments as she listens to the noises outside. Retrieving her knife from its place under her pillow, she moves to the doorway, crouching by the door.

Let the warriors do their job... I'm no good to them if I get hurt.

She forces herself to relax, focusing her attention on the door, the hallway, relying as always on her intuition to see what she can learn.

Initiative: [roll0]

Sepp
2007-09-22, 10:50 AM
Seriphius Decimus
AC 19 HP 72/72 Ammo 7/7
Initiative (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1280828) 1d20+7

Seriph rolls out of bed, grabbing his chainsword and pistol as the shots fly out. He crouches, trying to pinpoint the attackers, figuring where he would be if he was the one planning the attack.

Listen[roll0]
Spot[roll1]
Search[roll2]
Knowledge (Tactics)[roll3]

He has heroic surge, so he may still have time to do something in the surprise round.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-22, 03:00 PM
Empirica City, Hotel Halridia
Round 1

Initiative
Assasins - 21
Seriph - 15
Kira - 14
Demetrius - 12
Inquisitor Auriga - 11
Nolt - 10

Map:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5594/empiricacombatmapii9.png
Environment Rules:
Table: You can hop up onto the table as part of your move. It costs ten feet of movement, and the Jump DC is 10. While on the table, you benifit from the bonus for higher ground. The table provides cover.
Chairs: The chairs are small enough to go around, and therefore do not affect movement. There is no benifit to hoping up onto a chair, as it is too unstable to provide a higher ground bonus. (They're soft chairs) They do however, provide cover.
Couches: The couches provide cover and block movement. You can hop up onto them as part of your move. It costs ten feet of movement, and the jump DC is 10. The couch is too unstable to provide a bonus for higher ground- hopping up is for getting past it. The couch provides cover.
Fireplace: The fireplace is built into a free-standing mantle and extends to the celing. The fire is on the side nearest the door to the hall. The mantle provides cover, and you can bull rush people into the fire. They will take 2d6 fire damage each round they are in the flames, and must make a DC15 ref. save or they catch fire. Every round they're on fire, they take an additional 1d6 fire damage. They make the ref save each turn to try and put out the fire.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-22, 05:13 PM
Round 1

The Assasins are wearing dark clothes, loose fitting, and made of what looks like silk. There skin is dark, and they wield strange curved daggers that seem to be vibrating slightly. The one nearest Inquisitor Auriga is wounded in the shoulder.
The wounded one (1) rushes the Inquisitor, atempting to stab him, but he only grazes the Inquisitor's shoulder. The two in the room (3 & 4) assume defensive stances, and the one on the balcony (2) enters the main room and moves into the doorway to the Inquisitor's office.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9466/empiricacombatmapav5.png

Seriph's turn

Sepp
2007-09-23, 11:19 AM
Seriphius Decimus
AC 19 HP 72/72 Ammo 6/7

Seriph, his chainsword in one hand and pistol in the other, moves rapidly out of his room, frustrated that he is so badly out of position. He snaps a shot off at the only assassin (4) within range. With a sudden heroic surge, he rushes onward, toward the inquisitors room.

Bolt Pistol [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

For ease of reference, the lower left corner I am calling A1. Seriph is now on H10. Alpha is vertical, numerical is horizontal.

Stormkitten
2007-09-23, 01:05 PM
Kira Danusku
AC 19 HP 48/48 Ammo -

Hearing nothing directly outside the room, Kira slips the door open and moves out toward the couch, keeping low. She readies her blade, and waits for the others, a simple combat blessing coming to mind almost unbidden, her training making it automatic.

That puts her on the first square out from her door, almost level with the couch. She's not casting the Bless this round, but likely will next time.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-23, 02:54 PM
Round 1, Continued

For ease of reference, the lower left corner I am calling A1. Seriph is now on H10. Alpha is vertical, numerical is horizontal.
Knew I forgot something...
The assasin easily dodges Seriph's shot, sneering at him.

Updated Map:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2861/empiricacombatmapjh9.png

ChronicLunacy
2007-09-23, 05:12 PM
Demetrius
Ammo: 12/13

The psyker appeared in his doorway about the time Seriphius ran past it. He'd grabbed his bolt gun on the way out, swinging it to bear on Assassin #2 as soon as he cleared the doorway. Flipping the safety off with deft flick of his thumb, Demetrius had a moment to say, "Excuse me, but the Inquisitor is not taking appointments at the moment." before the weapon roared in his hands. It belched a tongue of flame from its barrel, sending an large, explosive bolt streaking towards the intruder.

Demetrius moves to F11 and is attacking Assassin #2.
Attack: 1d20+4=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1282947)
Damage: 2d10=10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1282948)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-23, 08:14 PM
Round 1, Continued

Demetrius' shot goes past the assasin's ear, sending a tiny shower of sawdust out from the door behind him.
Inquisitor Auriga takes a step away from the assasin menacing him, then blasts the man at point blank range with his two bolt pistols. There is an explosion of blood as both shots take him in the chest. The assasin drops, gurgling.
Lucky Inquisitor ... that's a five foot step backwards, and then full attack.

Nolt's turn

Ghal Marak
2007-09-26, 12:16 AM
Nolt
AC:18 HP:42 Ammo:18/20

Sorry for taking so long. It was a nightmare trying to remember what my class was before. Eventually I just broke down and dropped Dred. and went Bodyguard 5. New link is in my sig.

Realizing that it was not himself was in danger; Nolt left his room and saw the mysterious attackers. "Assassins!" Nolt brought his lasgun up swiftly and fired off two quick shots as he came into range.

Actions: Moved to D11. Declared Combat Sense on Enemy #2. Used feat Double Tap to boost damage.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-26, 02:31 PM
Round 1, Concluded

Nolt's shot goes wide, due to having to shoot around Demetrius. (Soft Cover)
The assasins, realizing the're in for a fight, start moving to take care of the Inquisitor's bodyguards as well as him.
Assasin 1 closes the distance with the Inquisitor, and slashes at him again with the vibrating dagger. The inquisitor blocks the attack at the wrist with one of his guns. (5ft step, Miss)
Assasin 2 rushes past Seriphius, the curved dagger lashing out as he goes, and then continues along the mantle, taking cover on the other side of it. (Spring Attack to G6, 4 dmg to Seriphius, and he needs to make a Fort save. It's poison, so you get to add all those implant bonuses.:smallsigh: )
Assasin 3 also dashes around Seriphius, stoping in front of Demetrius, but his Seriphius dodges it easily this time. (Spring Attack to G11, Miss)
Assasin 4 runs up and jumps onto the table, then pulls a straight dagger, this one not vibrating, from his belt and throws it at Seriphius. (Move to I8, Hopping Up, 6dmg to Seriphius)

Map:
http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/9/9/26/f_EmpiricaComm_bde4292.png

Seriph's Turn

Sepp
2007-09-26, 02:58 PM
Seriphius Decimus
AC 19 HP 62/72 Ammo 6/7

Seriph stoically takes the blows, a quick survey of the room telling him where his allies are. He wants to get to the inquisitors room, but the two closest assassins make that a difficult task. Besides, the Inquisitor seems to be handling himself well, judging by the hand and arm protruding from his door. Leaving the nearest to Nolt and Demitrius, be moves toward the assassin on the table, his Chainsword shrieking as he cries "For the Khan and the Emperor"

Fortitude vs Poison [roll0]
Five foot step to H9, Full Attack on Assassin 4
Downward slice, upper right to lower left! [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Backhand slash, lower right to middle left![roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Stormkitten
2007-09-26, 03:42 PM
Kira Danusku
AC 19 HP 48/48 Ammo -

Moving across the room, she sees the others rushing out of their sleeping quarters. She holds her knife up in front of her, the twisted thorns worked into the design of the hilt representing the God-Emporer in his aspect as protector.

Standing straight, her voice carries clearly through the room, the words bringing comfort to those who believe.

"The God-Emporer protects all who fight for him, and guides their hand to destroy his enemies. Serve him well, and he will bless you."

Move to B10, casting Bless. Each ally within 50ft (10 squares) gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

ChronicLunacy
2007-09-27, 08:40 PM
Demetrius Sextus

Demetrius's face broke into a cold smile as he ducked back behind the door shielding him from Assassin #3. He let his bolter fall slack, holding one hand palm upwards in front of his face. His eyes narrowed just a bit, picturing the power of the warp as a roiling, rushing river rapid boiling just below the surface of reality. He couldn't describe what it felt like to touch such a thing, so violent and terrible and yet darkly wonderful, but a tendril of his consciousness reached out into it. Careful control allowed him to pluck off a tiny, insignificant piece of stardust from that river, borrow of its power and use it to warp reality as he saw fit.

Above his hand, that tiny speck of stardust coalesced into a flickering ball, suddenly blindingly bright as it grew to a few inches in diameter and then flashed into four separate points of light that seemed to shiver and spark with contained violence. Then, looking up and towards the door which Assassin #3 hid behind, Demetrius let them go. The psychic bolts streaked around and over the door like comets and homed unerringly upon the intruder, punching holes through his chest and stomach.

Demetrius automatically passes his psychic check for a level 1 power with a +25 for psychic sense. The psybolts work like magic missile, automatically hitting Assassin #3 no matter the amount of cover he has. Here's the roll for the damage: 1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=3, 1d4+1=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1289670) = 15

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-28, 04:36 PM
Round 2, Continued

Seriphius' strokes, though well placed and executed, fail to touch the assasin. The first is parried with the dagger, the second narrowly dodged.
Kira's blessing fills the hearts of everyone with hope. (except Inquisitor Auriga, he's too far away)
Demetrius' psybolts punch into the assasin, suprising him and doing considerable harm. The man holds his off-hand over a welling red spot in his torso, but he's not droped yet.
Assasin 1 realises that he died last turn, and drops to the ground, for real this time.
Inquisitor Auriga runs into the main room and fires at assasin 3, but the shot goes wide.

Nolt's Turn

Ghal Marak
2007-09-28, 07:24 PM
Nolt

Nolt moved to keep his target in range, diving behind a couch that was convieniontly near. He rose up from behind the couch and again fired two shots in sucsesion.

Okay, Nolt moves to C7 and uses Double Tap on Assasin #2.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-30, 12:58 PM
Round 2, Concluded

Sorry for the delay, everyone.
Ghal Marak- don't forget your armour class, HP, ammo, etc. in your posts.
Seriphius- No effects from the poison so far.
Nolt's shots take the assasin in the shoulder. The smell of singed flesh fills the room.
Assasin 2 dashes around the side of the couch, taking a swipe at Nolt as he goes, and stops in the corner of the room. (Spring attack to A5, 5 dmg to Nolt.)
Assasin 3 steps around the door and stabs at Demetrius' neck. The psycher manages to twist himself out of the way of a very dangerous hit, but he still gets a cut on the shoulder. (5ft step to F10, 5 dmg to Demtrius, Fort save required.)
Assasin 4 tries to use his higher position to his advantage, using a strong overhead slash to attack Seriphius. He nearly overbalances himself however, and the attack misses.

Map:
http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/9/9/30/f_EmpiricaComm_11259ca.png

Seriph's Turn

Sepp
2007-09-30, 03:38 PM
Seriphius Decimus
AC 19 HP 62/72 Ammo 6/7

Seriph takes a step to his right, and attacks his opponent. "Die traitor! he cries, swinging....

Five foot step to H9, and full attack with chainsword on assassin four.
Bless bonus included.

Upward slash [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Forward stab [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Stormkitten
2007-09-30, 07:09 PM
Kira Danusku
AC 19 HP 48/48 Ammo -

Kira watches the assassin run across past Nolt, frowning as he gets too close for comfort. Closing her eyes for a moment, she concentrates on the feel of the minds around her, identifying friends, and foes...

Her eyes snap open, a single thought piercing his mind with the finesse of a blade, yet the power of a hammer.

Halt!

Command: Halt - The subject stands in place for 1 round. It may not take any actions but is not considered helpless.
Will save DC 14
Psychic check auto success (Skill 14, DC10)

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-01, 11:11 AM
Demetrius
HP: 48/53

Finding himself in somewhat of a duel with one of the assassins, Demetrius twisted out of the way of a stab that would have surely brought even a psyker to his knees. The wound in his shoulder was much preferable to having his throat cut. Unfortunately, he suspected that the burning sensation even now prickling in his shoulder was something more than a mere cut. Narrowing his eyes, Demetrius whipped his cloak up at the assassin to distract him for a moment as he stepped back into his room, once again calling upon the energies of the warp.

This time, Demetrius didn't attack his foe. Instead, he made sure the assassin wouldn't be able to wound him again. He became sheathed in the energies of the warp for a moment in a bright flash that seemed to regress into his skin, but that was all the assassin would see.

Using Steel-Flesh. The check is an automatic success. Demetrius now has a DR of 15/+5 and can absorb a total of 120 points of damage harmlessly before the effect gives out.
Fort Save vs. Poison = 1d20+4=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1293986)

Ghal Marak
2007-10-01, 11:37 AM
Nolt
AC:18 HP:37 Ammo:16/20

Nolt clutched at the knife wound his shoulder with his off hand as he tracked the movement of the assasin. "Frak, they're fast!" Nolt wished that he had grabbed his lasgun instead of his pistol, but now was not the time to worry. Quickly moving next to Kira, despite the tingly feeling he got as he approached her, he spun around and fired off a single shot at the assasin.

Nolt moves to C9 and makes a single attack on assasin2.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-02, 06:04 PM
Round 3, Concluded

Seriphius' stab bites into the assasin's side, drawing blood. Kira's psychic command stops her target in his tracks. A slightly blank looks comes over his face, and he stands there doing nothing. Inquisitor Auriga opens fire with both bolt pistols on assasin four, but the assasin dives off of the table out of the way. When he hits the ground, he rolls onto his feet and slashes at Seriphius, then keeps running. Seriphius steps back from the attack, and it misses. (Spring Attack to G6)
On the other side of the room, Nolt's laspistol shot makes a scorch mark on the wall above the assasin. The assasin himself is still feeling the effects of Kira's psychic command. Assasin three decides the psycher is more trouble than he's worth, turns away, and charges at Inquisitor Auriga. The Inquisitor twists out of the way of the slash, but it makes a small hole in his cloak. (Charge to I11)
No immediate effects from poison, Demetrius.
Map:
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/147/empiricacombatmapat9.png

Seriphius' Turn

Sepp
2007-10-02, 06:21 PM
Seriphius Decimus
AC 19 HP 62/72 Ammo 6/7

Seriphius lets Assassin 4 scurry away, and turns to attack the one threatening the Inquisitor. "Stay Firm, Inquisitor!

Movement to avoid AoO G9-G10-G11-H11
Attacks assassin 3 [roll0] (+1 Bless, +2 Flanking)
Damage roll [roll1]

Stormkitten
2007-10-03, 07:03 PM
Kira Danusku
AC 19 HP 48/48 Ammo -

Kira ducks behind the couch, staying out of the way as the combat continues around her. She watches carefully, ready to act if any of her allies get seriously injured.

Move to C10, hold action on a cure spell.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-03, 10:59 PM
Demetrius
HP: 48/53

As Demetrius gave chase to the Assassin he'd been squaring off against, he noticed Assassin #4 present himself as a lovely target on the other side of the room. Trusting that between the space marine and an inquisitor the other assassin was handled, Demetrius flung out his hand towards his new target. His sleeve pulled back as his arm extended, revealing what looked to be a small rod or wire attached to the underside of his wrist. It gave off a bright glow and a low thrum before letting loose with a spearpoint of electrical energy towards the assassin. Unless the assassin had superb reflexes, the lightning would arc dead center into his chest, finding exits wherever it could through the man's eyes, mouth, ears, and eventually grounding itself into the floor through his feet.

Works just like lightning bolt in normal D&D. Reflex save = half damage. (DRP 3) The wire on his wrist is the tesla coil needed to use this effect. Damage: 8d6=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1298521)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-06, 11:31 AM
Round 4, Continued

Serphius' attack takes the assasin by suprise, and his chainsword bites into the man's back. He gurgles for a second, and then drops to the ground.
Demetrius' lightning bolt arcs directly into his target. The assasin tries to scream, but he can't control his voice. He drops to the ground smoking.
The door from the Hotel's hallway bursts open, and two scared looking bell-boys in uniforms come in, one holding a crowbar, the other an umbrella. When they see the last assasin in the corner, and the dead ones by the mantle and the office door, the one with the crowbar yelps, drops his weapon, and runs out of the door. The one with the umbrella charges the last assasin, swinging wildly. The assasin, still dizzy from Kira's command, gets whacked in the face, and drops to the ground unconscious.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-06, 12:20 PM
Demetrius Sextus

Demetrius smiled as he approached the panicked but triumphant bell boy, his hands held out at his sides. "Peace, boy, I think you got him." he chuckled. "You've shown conviction and fortitude against the most hated enemy tonight. You have served the Emperor well." he continued, slapping the boy lightly on the back. "Now if you would be so kind as to inform the management of this little tussle? I would like my security deposit returned immediately." Upon looking at him, it would not be apparent if Demetrius was joking or not. "Run along before your cowardly friend beats you to it."

Assuming no one else had anything to say anything to the boy, Demetrius let him go, turning instead to the sole remaining live assassin. He checked the man's pulse to make sure he was simply unconscious, for they needed him hale and healthy when the interrogation began.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-06, 12:41 PM
Nolt

"Uh... okay. Well that takes care of that." Nolt turned and shrugged at Kira, then watched as Demetrius Sextus checked the downed assassin.

Sepp
2007-10-06, 01:10 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph scans the room, making sure it is clear. He then sheathes his pistol, and walks to the balcony, checking it as well, then closing and locking the door. He then changes his pistols magazine for a fresh one, and walks over to the closest body, crouching down to examine it for identification, ammunition, or the like. "Inquisitor, if you are well, there is a traitor that you and Demetrius should 'handle'." He says, not looking up from his task. He keeps his chainsword at hand, occasionally staining the floor with dripping blood.

He will inspect all three bodies, assuming the Inquisitor has no orders for him.
Investigate [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Search [roll2]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-06, 02:39 PM

The Bell-boy, still speechless, nods at Demetrius and then dashes out of the room, still clutching the umbrella.
Inquisitor Auriga walks into the centre of the room, then speaks to you all. "Once we've finished with the bodies, I think we should leave here. I have several things to discuss with you all, and with our assailent. We need somewhere private, as this place has already been proven to be insecure..."
Seriph's search of the bodies yeilds several useful pieces of information. The previously vibrating curved daggers are Mono-Kukris. They are stamped with a strange design near the handle. It's a circle, with line that curves like the letter J coming out of the bottom. The line ends in an arrowhead. There are letters underneath it, but you don't recognize them. The assasins also have two straight, normal dagger each, except for the one that threw one of his at Seriphius. These daggers don't have any markings on them. The assasins don't have anything else on them, except for the loose black clothes they're wearing.

Stormkitten
2007-10-06, 02:44 PM
Kira Danusku
AC 19 HP 48/48 Ammo -

Kira sheaths her blade as the hotel staff burst in, staying in her hiding place behind the couch as the combat ends. After a few moments, she stands, moving toward the Inquisitor.

"Do you need healing, sir?" Her voice is quiet, meant only for him.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-07, 08:51 PM
Nolt

After the Inquisitors little speech Nolt returned to his room and gathered up his gear. He strapped on his powerpack and hooked his lasgun onto it for travel. As he left his room he popped the energy cell out of his laspistol before holstering it, and stuck the cell into a recharging receptacle on the side. He walked over and stood next to the fireplace.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-09, 05:45 PM
Kira Danusku
AC 19 HP 48/48 Ammo -

Kira sheaths her blade as the hotel staff burst in, staying in her hiding place behind the couch as the combat ends. After a few moments, she stands, moving toward the Inquisitor.

"Do you need healing, sir?" Her voice is quiet, meant only for him.
"No, thank you Kira. However, I have a question for you. Do you think the young man assigned to help us is trustworthy? If so, perhaps he could find us somewhere for a private discussion with our assailent."

Stormkitten
2007-10-09, 06:43 PM
Kira Danusku

"I didn't sense anything untoward from Derrick. However, I had arranged to speak with him alone tomorrow, to be certain."

She pauses, weighing her words, considering the eager young man.

"I believe he can be trusted. I also believe he feels slightly... out of his depth."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-09, 07:00 PM

Inquisitor Auriga nods, takes the small metal device given to him by Derrick earlier, a mini-vox, and turns it on. He then hands it to Kira.
"You seem to be getting along with Derrick quite well. I think you should talk to him. Hopefully he can find us somewhere suitable for our purposes."

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-09, 09:38 PM
Demetrius Sextus

Demetrius relieved the man of his weapons carefully, as well as anything else in his pockets and any extraneous clothing that might hide hidden weapons such as a jacket, boots, gloves, etc. If this means the assassin is stripped down to his thermal underwear than so be it. "This is a fascinating symbol here on his weapon..." he noted, taking a moment to see if he could place it.

Don't know if I have any knowledge skill that would help with this. Would Knowledge (Religion) or Knowledge (Warp) suffice? I also have Knowledges (Imperium) and (Technology) if any of those would work. I'll take ten or twenty on the roll I just need to know which one to make.

He slid everything out of reach of the man, then used his handy dandy duct tape to bind the assassin's hands behind his back and ankles together. It would have to do until someone could provide him with a pair of manacles or something similar. "I look forward to finding out who sent you, my friend." Demetrius smiled as he checked the man's mouth for false teeth. Wouldn't want him suiciding before questioning.

Search: 1d20+6=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1309170)

Stormkitten
2007-10-10, 02:35 AM
Kira Danusku

She takes the vox, heading silently into a sideroom and half-closing the door to mask the thump of the bodies as the others deal with them. The pleasantries come easily to her, though she adds a slightly rushed tone to her normally calm voice.

"Derrick? Sorry to disturb you so late. Could you come up to the room? Immediately."

His reaction to the mess should be quite telling.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-10, 09:11 AM

Sorry Demetrius, none of those will work. It's not a religious or warp related symbol, nor is it related to the Imperium as a whole, and it's not a piece of technology either.

"Derrick? Sorry to disturb you so late. Could you come up to the room? Immediately."
Derrick's slightly sleepy voice answers after a few seconds.
"Uh, sure ... What's going on?"

As Kira is speaking to Derrick, a rather portly man in a red uniform comes into the room from the hall. He is tailed by the scared looking bell-boy, who is still clutching the umbrella. As the portly man sees the bodies in the room, his face drains of colour.
"My god... He says quietly. Then, adressing Inquisitor Auriga and anybody else who isn't busy doing something, "I'm the hotel manager. My name is Othero. I'm so sorry for this incident, and I can't believe your assailents managed to get through our security. Is there any way I can help? Do any of you need medical attention?"

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-10, 03:26 PM
Demetrius

Ever the suspicious one, Demetrius studied the hotel manager carefully, struck by the stray thought that there could be someone on the inside that had assisted the intruders in their plot. Perhaps more questioning was in order...

Sense Motive: 1d20+6=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1310195)

"Some restraints would be helpful for this one." Demetrius said after a moment. He stood, hands lacing together over his stomach. "If it's not too much trouble, of course." he smiled.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-10, 03:51 PM

You get the distinct feeling that he's extremely worried. He does have a pretty legitimate reason, though. (ie. Assasins just broke into his hotel)

"Restraints...? I ... suppose I could find some..." He says. He turns around, points at the bell-boy, and jerks his finger toward the door. The bell-boy runs out of the room.

Stormkitten
2007-10-10, 04:05 PM
Kira Danusku

Derrick's slightly sleepy voice answers after a few seconds.
"Uh, sure ... What's going on?"

"There's been... It's probably better if you see for yourself."
She waits patiently, listening to the conversation in the next room as best she can.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-10, 05:48 PM
Kira Danusku

"There's been... It's probably better if you see for yourself."
She waits patiently, listening to the conversation in the next room as best she can.

"Alright, I'm on my way." Derrick says, sounding determined.

Sepp
2007-10-11, 09:19 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph remains near the door, keeping an eye out.

investigations not his strong suit. :smallwink:

Stormkitten
2007-10-11, 06:03 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira returns to the main room, nodding once to the inquisitor and pocketing the vox. She heads over to Seriph, murmuring the prayer of healing.

Cure Light, again, no psyker roll needed: [roll0] points healed

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-11, 06:25 PM

Othero continually paces back and forth near the door while he waits for the bell-boy to return. After a few minutes, he does, carrying a long nylon rope and some plastic bindings. Othero looks at him funnily, as if asking where he managed to find such things in the hotel, but doesn't question him.
"Is there anything else I can do for you?" He asks, in a less than hopeful tone of voice.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-11, 06:28 PM
Nolt

Nolt suppressed a yawn and stretched his arms back over his head. He eyed one of the couches, but decided that going back to sleet would not be the thing to do at the moment. Unhooking his lasgun from his powerpack, he started work on routine maintenance and cleaning.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-11, 10:16 PM

Othero continually paces back and forth near the door while he waits for the bell-boy to return. After a few minutes, he does, carrying a long nylon rope and some plastic bindings. Othero looks at him funnily, as if asking where he managed to find such things in the hotel, but doesn't question him.
"Is there anything else I can do for you?" He asks, in a less than hopeful tone of voice.

Demetrius

"No, thankyou. I will want to speak to your security people and review any surveillance vid-plates at some point, however." Demetrius said with a smile as he received the bindings from the boy. He didn't bother to unwrap the duct tape. Instead he just added the new restraints on top of the old and cinched them uncomfortably tight. "My Lord, the prisoner is at your disposal." he informed Auriga, sounding eager to begin.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-14, 06:58 PM

Othero nods, and then turns on his heel and leaves the room. The bell-boy follows him. A couple of minutes later, Derrick comes in. He looks a little frazzled. His hair is standing on end, and it's obvious he dressed quickly. As soon as he enters the room, he stops, a look of horror crossing his face. He stares at the bodies, open-mouthed.
"What happend! Were y-y-y-y... was there a f-f-fight!?"

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-14, 09:09 PM
Demetrius

"The boy's powers of observation are certainly top notch." Demetrius commented with a smirk.

Sepp
2007-10-15, 09:45 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph remains alert, but moves away from the door, dragging the three corpses into a neat pile for easy disposal later.

Stormkitten
2007-10-16, 05:38 PM
Kira Danusku

"There was a fight, but we are safe." Kira smiles reassuringly at the young man, then continues. "The Inquisitor would prefer this be kept quiet. Or at least, as quiet as can be managed. A few of the hotel staff know, of course."

She indicates the prisoner guarded by Nolt, and lowers her voice. "We also need a location suitable for performing some preliminary investigations. Somewhere we won't be disturbed."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-16, 05:49 PM

Derrick, though still looking shaken, nods. "I think I kn-n-now a p-p-place." He turns away, and goes back out into the hall. You can hear the sounds of heavy breathing.

Stormkitten
2007-10-17, 05:25 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira heads quickly into the corridor after the young man, waiting on him to regain his composure slightly.

"Please, tell me about this place. The sooner we can finish things here, the better."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-17, 06:58 PM

Derrick takes a few more deep breaths before speaking. "The Governor's parliment has a basement floor that is rarely used. You could go there."

Stormkitten
2007-10-18, 06:15 PM
Kira Danusku

"Thank you. Please can you make arrangments for transport, and I will inform the Inquisitor."

She maintains her reassuring expression, but her mind is turning over options for the task ahead. There was one more ability of hers that might prove useful, but she would need to prepare.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-18, 06:47 PM

Derrick calls in two cars, the same ones as before, though the drivers are different.
Anybody who has objections to the current plan of events, now is the time to voice them.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-18, 10:57 PM
Nolt

Nolt finished his cleaning and hooked up his Lasgun to the powerpack again. He then stood up and walked over to the restrained assassin and smirked at him. "You hear that buddy? Your in for it now." To accentuate his statement he kicked the assassin in the side. He turned to face Seriphius and jerked his thumb at the assassin. "Hey, can you get 'em? He's a little heavy for me."

Sepp
2007-10-19, 09:21 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph give a thin smile to Nolt, and walks over to the assassin. "I can manage him, Nolt." He says, picking up the assassin with one hand and heading down the hall to the cars. On the way, he 'accidentally' bumps the assassins head into the doorframe. "But stay sharp, Nolt. They may have had spotters who sent for help, and being split up into two transports is just more chances for an ambush."

If you feel he needs a STR check, here it is, but his carrying capacity is high enough to lift one human, I think.
[roll0]

Stormkitten
2007-10-19, 05:12 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira seems somewhat withdrawn during the journey, paying little attention to the roads, or anything outside the car. Her sixth sense would warn her, if they were to be attacked; it had never let her down yet.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-19, 05:30 PM
Demetrius

The psyker rode in the car with the inquisitor, mentally preparing himself for the interrogation, wondering how best to get under the assassin's skin...with a clean scalpel or needles this time? Perhaps he would go layer by layer for a different sort of texture effect. That said, would he start with simple questioning or go for the fear response of immediate pain and the promise of more to come? It would depend on how conditioned these men were.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-20, 02:19 PM
Empirica City

The ride is even shorter than before, due to the lack of traffic. Derrick leads you into the building. The gaurds, different ones than before, but still quite well armed, once again ignore you all. Derrick goes to the elevator and says clearly "Derrick Karlau, Basement Floor." The elevator opens, and he steps inside. After a short elevator ride down later, the doors open again on a featureless gray cement hall, with doorways every 40ft or so on each side. Each door has a number on it. Derrick goes down the hall, taking a key ring out of his pocket. He stops at door seven, finds the correct key, opens the door, and steps inside. The room is also featurless, except for a table and several chair stacked by the wall.
"This room is usually used for meetings to discuss ... sensitive government topics. It is soundproofed. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Ghal Marak
2007-10-20, 07:12 PM
Nolt

Nolt stepped into the room and then turned to Derrick. "Yeah, we'll need some water, perferably in a cooler. Also, while your at it, I could use something to eat. I don't particularly care what, so go wild."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-20, 07:52 PM
Empirica City

"Certainly sir. Anything else?"

Sepp
2007-10-21, 10:05 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph stretches the assassin out on the table, none to gently, then returns to the hall. "I will be patrolling this hall, Inquisitor, unless you have other orders for me." He motions to Derrick. "I require food and drink as well." He says, return his attention to the Inquisitor.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-21, 11:51 AM
Empirica City, Basement of the Parliment Building

"Wait a minute Seriph. I have some things I need to discuss with you all first." Inquisitor Auriga says.
Just waiting to see if Chronic has some list of toture implements or something he wants Derrick to get for him. Speaking of which, there will be no graphic descriptions of toture in this thread, from anyone. If Demtrius wishes to use torture, he may do so, and there are rules for such in the Book of Vile Darkness, but it will not be described in detail, okay?

Sepp
2007-10-21, 12:35 PM
Seriphius Decimus

"Of course, Inquisitor." Seriph says, turning to face him.

I figured that the torture would take place 'off camera' as it where.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-21, 02:04 PM
Demetrius

The psyker rattles off a seemingly innocuous list of items one could find nearly anywhere, then urges Derrick to run along. He waits patiently in the corner until ordered by the Inquisitor to begin. Didn't want to seem too eager.

Yes, psykers are screwed in the head.

And awww...no graphic torture scenes? Booo.... I'm not even sure if I have the right skills listed for torture. I was just going to make it up on the fly and not to any rolling, but if you want to go by the book that's cool too.

Stormkitten
2007-10-21, 02:19 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira walks into the room, pacing the length of the wall. Pulling four crystals from a cloth pouch, she walks across to the Inquisitor, speaking quietly.

"I can try to prevent him from being capable of lying, sir, if you wish? However, this power will affect everyone within range of these crystals. I'll need to prepare the room carefully if we are not to be affected ourselves."

Setup for possible Zone of Truth spell, 20ft radius

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-24, 01:59 PM

Before Derrick goes off to get the food and items he was asked to find, Inquisitor Auriga stops him. He draws the symbol Seriph found on one of the daggars and shows it to Derrick.
"Do you recognize this?" he asks.
"Sure. That's the logo of the Garrison Corporation. They make weapons and machines, their main factory and offices are in the city. They were almost put out of business for illegal trading a few years ago. Made a big stir, but they got off, and they're still in bussiness. Why?"
"Just curious," Inquisitor Auriga says, and then closes the door in Derrick's face. He then walks into the centre of the room to adress you all.
"First, I want to say that you all performed admirably in the conflict tonight. I'm glad to have your protection." He puts his hands behind his back, and his features shift to a more sombre expression. "However, the fact that we were attacked does not bode well for this operation. Before the attack, I noticed that the rooms in the hotel were bugged. As Derrick has just told us, the Assasin's were armed with weapons provided by a local corporation. The Governor has a psycher in his cabinet. It seems likely to me that we are dealing with corruption in high places. That means that they likely have acess to much greater resouces than us at current. Be on your gaurd."
After listening to Kira's suggestion, the Inquisitor nods. "That would be quite useful. Thank you, Miss Danusku."

Stormkitten
2007-10-25, 06:28 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira nods, then begins setting the crystals out. "Nolt, could you move the table more into that corner?"
She points to the corner furthest from the door.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-25, 09:12 PM
Nolt

"Uh, sure thing." Nolt walked over and moved the table as she instructed. "There 'ya go."

Sepp
2007-10-26, 11:09 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph salutes the Inquisitor "Thank you, sir."He glances at the prisoner with a grim smile, then heads toward the door. "I shall postion myself on guard, as I can see you have all the skills needed to aid this heretic as he tries to atone with blood for his treachery."

If Derrick is still in the hall...
"I want information on the Garrison Corporation. Finances, holdings, assets, focused on local items first. Any blueprints of the buildings as well, if you can get them. And, how exactly, did they 'get off' illegal trading? And /who/ was the Trade with?" he asks, glaring at the man.

If there is some sort of 'internet' and Derrick is gone, Seri can search that. Not sure if there is in 40k universe, sorry. Rolls for whichever scenario.
Intimidate[roll0]
Knowledge (Galactic events)[roll1]
Knowledge (Imperium)[roll2]
Knowledge (Technology)[roll3]
Research[roll4]
Gather Information[roll5]
Computer Use[roll6]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-27, 01:17 PM
Empirica City, Basement of the Pariliment Building

Derrick is not in the hallway when Seriphius goes out, but he soon returns with an armful of food and various other items. At Seriph's questioning, he starts to stammer again.
"I don't kn-kn-know! I just r-r-remember it b-b-because it was in the n-n-news!" After delivering the food and taking a minute to calm himself, he goes back to to talk to Seriph again. "I can take you too the library, if you want. There are records there off all criminal and civil trials, there should be something about Garrison there."

Inside the room, Inquisitor Auriga takes a glass of water and splashes it on the assasin's face to wake him. The man looks worried but not suprised, and stays silent ... for now. Once the Zone of Truth is up, the Inquisitor takes a knife out and starts checking the blade conspicuously.
Seriph, if you wish to use the library, I'll PM you the results of your checks. Demetrius, now would be a good time to start asking questions. Anybody else who wants to ask a question can do so as well, since the Inquisitor is going to be the one doing the torture within the Zone of Truth.

Sepp
2007-10-27, 01:51 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph nods. "Wait here, Derrik." So saying, he enters the room and moves to Nolts side. "I need you to be on guard in the hall. I have some research to do." He whispers, motioning for Nolt to follow.

Returning to Derrik, he motions for him to show him the library.

If Nolt doesn't want to guard the hall, Seriph will tell Derrik that he hasn't the time to go to the library, and stay on guard.

Stormkitten
2007-10-28, 09:45 AM
Kira Danusku

Kira finishes setting up the circle, and concentrates. The God-Emperor was truth, and no lies could stay unnoticed for long. She sits crosslegged at the center of the circle, chanelling the power carefully. After a time, she opens her eyes again, looking blankly at the people in the room. Soon...

She focuses on the prisoner, her gaze almost unfocused, seeming to go through him. Her own skills would serve to read him, to start with.

Second level power, DC 15. Skill 14 + Level 4 = 18, so auto success - Kira will be maintaining the zone as her action during the questioning. It will last four minutes, so she's holding back the final activation, for now. She will use Sense Motive (+9, +3 from Empathy) to tell what she can from his answers, at the start: [roll0]

Ghal Marak
2007-10-28, 03:12 PM
Nolt

Nolt looked a little glum when Seriph asked him to guard. "Oh, I guess so." He grabbed his food and left the room. He then sat down on the floor with his back to the wall opposite of the door. "I guess I'll have to see an interrogation some other time. Now I just have to figure out what this is." He looked upon his 'food' as he held it. It was wrapped in an unmarked foil. Opening it, he sighed. "Goody, field rations. Guess Derrik doesn’t have much of a wild streak." He then bit into the bland bar and chewed.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-28, 08:35 PM
Demetrius

The psyker stalked around the prisoner like a circling predator as Kira went about setting up her zone of truth around them. He was a little miffed as he wasn't sure if he would be able to lie either, but figured truth would work better than imaginary threats in this case anyway. He wasn't the one with something to hide.

When the assassin began to fidget, Demetrius stopped his circling and stood behind the man, laying hands on his shoulders in an almost friendly gesture. "I believe you know why you are here, assassin, so I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. I'm going to ask you some questions. You may attempt to absolve yourself by answering them quickly, completely, and truthfully..." he said, massaging the assassin's shoulders for a moment before gripping down hard. "Or, you may choose to be uncooperative. In that case, by the time you die you won't be able to recognize yourself as even vaguely human. How does that sound?" he chuckled, patting his shoulders before letting go and circling back around to the assassin's front.

"At this point, before we start the questioning, I will give you the opportunity to confess. Your death shall be quick and painless if you will just tell us everything...and who knows? The Emperor just may forgive you." Demetrius said, clasping his hands together as if in prayer. "What say you?"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-28, 08:40 PM

The man starts chanting in a strange language. The chant is low and repetitive, and grates on your ears.

ChronicLunacy
2007-10-28, 08:48 PM
Demetrius

Demetrius said nothing when the man started to chant, but rather placed his index and forefinger on the assassin's throat and began leaning his weight onto it until his windpipe was cut off and he was no longer able to speak.

"I see." he said grimly. "In that case, we'll begin with an easy question. What is your name?" he asked. He kept up the pressure on the assassin's throat until it looked like the man might pass out from lack of air, and then released it. "Be sure to choose your words carefully this time. You'll only have time for a few between the screaming." he spat on the ground. The inquisitor would start the torture if the man did not answer within short order or started chanting again.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-30, 07:32 PM

The man twists his head, trying to bite Demetrius' hands. He cannot quite do it, but the gesture is disturbing.
Okay, assuming each round of torture takes 1 minute (not really all that likley, but whatever), and questions are asked after each round of torture, and Kira starts the zone of truth as soon as the first question is asked, there will be 3 short questioning periods within the zone of truth's duration.
Inquisitor Auriga shakes his head slowly and says to the man "You should have listened to him." Horrible, painful violence ensues. You may now question the victim.

Sepp
2007-11-01, 01:22 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph returns to the hallway, and gives a curt nod to Nolt, his way of thanking him for taking the guard position. He has hard copy printouts of the information he gathered in the library, and is reading them over careful, likely for the second or third time.

He glances up at a muffled cry from inside, and shakes his head. "Traitors."

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-01, 09:22 PM
Demetrius

Demetrius's questions, in between torture, screaming, and any wierd chanting, are thus:

"What is your name?"
"Who sent you?"
"Who hired you?" (If previous question is answered with blasphemy.)
"Who else is working with you?"
"How did you avoid security?"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-02, 02:39 PM

The man's aswers are as follows:
"What is your name?"
"I ... I am Fharad Delah..."
"Who sent you?"
"CHAOS! CHAOS!"
"Who hired you?" (If previous question is answered with blasphemy.)
"I did not ... I did not see him..."
"Who else is working with you?"
The man will not open his mouth for this one. He manages to resist.
"How did you avoid security?"
"We ... We were told ... the gates would be open. Chaos has opened the way!"

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-04, 09:46 PM
Demetrius

"Okay. Does anyone else have any questions while he's still pliable?" Demetrius asked the others in the room. "I'd like to talk to every member of the security staff at that hotel. Someone let these men in and whoever it was is just as guitly as this fool. Also, we should bring up anything we can on Mr. Delah...birth records, family, known acquaintances, financial and employment transcripts, etc. It might give us something to work with." he explained as he wiped his hands on a clean hankerchief he produced from his robes. He found touching the chaos-ridden filth in the chair rather disgusting to say the least.

Stormkitten
2007-11-06, 04:03 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira sits crosslegged, concentrating hard on the energies she is controlling. The man's mind was slippery, difficult to focus on.

As time passes, the tickle behind her eyes becomes stronger. The Chaos was waiting, pressing in all around the circle she tried to keep pure. The power drew them, like moths to a flame.

Eventually, even the rites and mantras prescribed by the God-Emperor cannot help her half-trained mind cope. With a sigh, she opens her eyes, the power dissipating.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-07, 05:42 PM

After the questioning, Inquisitor Auriga dispatches Fharad Delah. He rubs his temples and turns towards the door.
"I have not slept yet tonight; I will ask Mr. Karlau if there is a bed in this area. In the meantime, you may want to visit the library for that information, Demetrius." He walks out of the room.
Just to clarify, the Inquisitor was working in the little office room while you guys were sleeping. The rest of you have had enough sleep that you won't suffer ill effects from not getting any more. Also, Sepp, you may want to show the others what you found on the Garrison Corporation. Anything else that anyone wants to look up or take care of before the Inquisitor wakes up, now's the time. We'll move on when everyone's ready.

Ghal Marak
2007-11-07, 07:18 PM
Nolt

Nolt, who had dozed off while the interrogation was in progress, jumped up wide eyed when the Inquisitor opened the door. "Oh, It's you sir." Feeling his heart thumping in his chest, he rubbed his eyes and picked up his lasrifle. He then stepped into the room after the Inquisitor left and peered at the remains of the assassin. "Wow, you guys did a number on 'em." He started to reach out and touch him, but then thought better of it and pulled his hand back. He then stood up and looked around at the assembled group. "So... did he talk?"

Sepp
2007-11-08, 09:34 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph follows Nolt into the room, merely grunting at the sight of the remains of the assassin. "Yes, did he tell anything?" he asks, handing Demetrius and Kira a few sheets of the hard copy report. "While you were busy, I did some research on the Garrison Corporation that was mentioned. Those hard copies have a brief summery of the information." He finishes, handing Nolt a sheet, and looking about for the Inquisitor.

The Trial
The Garrison Corporation was accused by an insider, (identity not revealed) to be trading in illegal weapons, including military-grade melta, power, and monomolecular weapons. Garrison denied these claims, and the case came to court. The prosecution exposed the case to the public, trying to win their support, and through them, the jury's. Garrison hired the best lawyers money can buy and won their case, citing the fact that though the facilities for creating such weapons did exist in some of their factories, no evidence could be found of the weapons themselves. The insider was not able to reveal who the buyer of the weapons was supposed to be.

Important Shareholders and CEO
The CEO of Garrison is Hassin Empaja, a local man who started the company as a simple mechanic, and has built it up to be one of the most profitable corportations in Empirica. Other board members include several local big bussiness heads, and a name you recognize: John Gatewell, the commander of the PDFs on this planet. (He was there for the interview with the Governor.)

Products and Profits
The Garrison Corporation has it's hands in most machinery products on the planet. It builds everything from cars to servitors. It also has a line of high end (legal) ballistic and close-combat weapons, sold to the public and to the government. It's profits are well into the millions of credits per quarter.

Factories and Headquarters
There is a Garrison factory in Empirica City, which focuses on producing weapons, both ballistic and bladed. The Headquarters are also in the city, located in the centre of the business district. There are other factories in Kandoca City (the second largest city on the Sylas Peninsula) and in the Bosna area, located near Lake Empirica.

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-08, 02:33 PM
Demetrius

Demetrius snatched up the file and started pouring over it as he answered Nolt and Seriphius' question. "He enlightened us upon a few small matters, but most of it was clogged with Chaos filth. His only redemption was surely the death the Inquisitor granted him. He was beyond help in this life." Demetrius said almost sadly before suddenly switching tacks. "Interesting...so if these weapons we recovered from Mr. Delah and his fellow assassins are legal, we can trace them. If they are illegal, then we should speak to the Garrison Corp. Thankyou, Seriphius."

"It seems I have much research ahead of me. Must get started."

Sepp
2007-11-08, 06:47 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph inclines his head to Demetrius, then adds. "I also tried to locate some blueprints for the offices and factories, in case we needed to do some... on site research. Unfortuanatly, I could find none." He says, then glances at the body. "Shall I see if the governors man can dispose of it?"

Ghal Marak
2007-11-10, 07:33 PM
Nolt

Nolt grimaced at the body. "Yeah, it needs to be taken care of soon. Who knows what trouble can come from a body tainted with Chaos."

Sepp
2007-11-11, 03:45 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph nods. "Alright, Nolt, you stay on watch, and I'll go find our government friend, and a waste disposal crew." Seriph heads out into the halls, then up, looking for Derrick.

When he finds him... "The traitor is dead, but now we have a chaos tainted body to dispose of."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-11, 04:19 PM
Empirica City

Derrick looks scared as Seriphius approaches him again, obviously expecting another tirade.
"Right. I'll get some people to come down and clean it up right away sir." he says, looking only slightly relieved. He then walks off to find the unlucky waste disposal crew.

Stormkitten
2007-11-11, 05:23 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira clears away the circle, then reads the information provided by Seriphius.

"I find it strange that an assassin would use a weapon that could be so easily identified. Still, chaos-tainted people aren't known for clear thought."

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-11, 08:57 PM
Demetrius

"I hope someone has the presence of mind to burn the body as part of this disposal. A flamer would be best, but I suppose a furnace would do just as well." Demetrius said, scratching his chin. "I'm going to access the planetary information net and Adeptus Arbites network to get as much information as I can on our assassin. Someone else will need to question hotel security and another one of us will need to trace that weapon. I believe Seriphius will be of greatest use in the questioning of the security personnel due to his size and general presence. Kira, could you and Nolt try to trace the weapon?"

With that, Demetrius will head to the nearest computer access terminal that he can request private or classified documents from the government from using his clearance as a member of the Inquisitor's entourage.

Let me know if you need a computer use check.

Sepp
2007-11-12, 03:53 PM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph returns from above, and resumes his place outside the door, on guard, though he leans in for a moment. "A crew is on the way to take care of that." He says, motioning toward the body.

Ghal Marak
2007-11-12, 11:14 PM
Nolt

Nolt nodded at Demetrius. "Right, I'll do the best I can to help Kira." He then walked over next to Kira. "Ready whenever you are."

Sepp
2007-11-14, 06:19 PM
Seriphius Decimus

"I feel it is unwise to leave you all; there may be another attack." Seriph says, looking at Demitrius. "IF we return to the hotel, I will definitely have words with the security personnel." He finishes, before resuming his post outside the door.

Stormkitten
2007-11-14, 06:35 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira wraps a cloth over her hand, and picks up one of the knives. The symbol of the corporation is etched clearly in the hilt, but she turns the blade over carefully, looking for any other identifying markings.

"It is unusual that an individual blade can be identified easily. We can find out if these are available to a legitimate purchaser, and whether there is any kind of registration. But I am not sure that will get us far. Knives like this are likely common on the street, even with the mono-blade."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-14, 07:02 PM
Stormkitten- Those knifes are a) kukris and b) monoweapons. Kukris are fairly common street weapons in Empirica, but most punks can't afford a monoweapon.
Also, let me know when you're ready to move on, everyone.

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-14, 07:10 PM
I'm ready to move on. Some time needs to pass before I can post the results of Demetrius' research.

Ghal Marak
2007-11-15, 12:21 PM
occ: I'm ready to move on as well. If she (as in Kira) were to do some research, would I just do an aid other or something?

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-16, 05:38 PM
Empirica City, Parliment Buildings

The rest of night passes uneventfully. Demetrius does his research, Kira, Nolt, and Seriphius discuss plans, rest, eat, etc...
About 6:30 in the morning, the Inquisitor comes back, looking considerably less tired. "So, have you discovered anything while I was asleep?" he asks, sitting down.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-19, 08:40 PM
Investigating Empirica

The Inquisitor listens quietly to any information, and then ponders for a short time before speaking.
"It seems we have several things to cover today. I think it would be in our best interests to split up. Seriph, go to the hotel. Try to find any traces of our assailants entrance. Kira, Nolt, you go to the Garrison factory, try to trace those knives. Demetrius and I will be paying the Garrsion Headquarters a visit. Any questions?"
New threads will go up tommorow. If you there's something wrong with the grouping you're in, let me know, and I'll see about changing it.

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-20, 01:40 AM
Demetrius

Sorry for the delay in posting this. Was busy last weekend.

"Before we part ways, I think many of you would be interested in what I discovered about our dear assassin in the Adeptus Arbites world network." Demetrius stepped forward, holding up a hand to call attention to himself. "The two of you investigating the Garrison Factory will find this particularly useful, as might we, my Lord." he nodded to the Inquisitor before continuing.

"It seems that Mr. Delah is actually a Junior Manager at Garrison HQ, which might explain the weapons. He had no prior criminal record save for a speeding ticket which he promptly paid. However his brother, a Galyaj Delah, died under suspicious circumstances...found on the street below his apartment window. Could have been suicide, but then again, maybe not. I also have our assassin's home address as well. I suggest paying a visit there as well as soon as we have completed our respective tasks."

Stormkitten
2007-11-20, 02:42 PM
Kira Danusku

Kira considers, then addresses the group.
"Given this extra information, I think it would be useful to check Delah's house before calling attention to ourselves at the factory. I would suggest Nolt and I head there first."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-20, 06:46 PM

The Inquisitor nods. "That is sensible. Kira and Nolt will go to investigate the residence of Mr. Delah. Any more questions?"

Ghal Marak
2007-11-20, 08:29 PM
Nolt

"Sir, I have a question. Were suppose to go in quietly right? Like, under the cover of night and such like that."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-20, 09:02 PM

"I don't think going in quietly will be necessary. We have every right to investigate the case to our full ability. If you are worried about another attack, I could perhaps ask the governor to provide some Adeptus Arbites men as backup, but I would prefer not to rely on them- they may be influenced."

Ghal Marak
2007-11-20, 09:22 PM
Nolt

"Alright. Thank you sir. I don't like stealth missions." Nolt crossed his arms and smiled. "That's the only question I had sir."

Sepp
2007-11-21, 09:44 AM
Seriphius Decimus

Seriph frowns slighty. "While I would prefer not to leave you unguarded, I will follow orders. Where are we meeting afterwards?"

Would have posted sooner, but thought other threads where coming.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-23, 10:36 AM

The Inquisitor frowns. "I am not ungarded, Seriphius. Demetrius is a competant protector."The Inquisitor calls Derrick in and explains the situation to him, and he rushes off to procure some transportation. After a few minutes, he returns, and things are ready to go.
I'm going to leave this thread as the one for Demetrius and the Inquisitor, and make new ones for Kira and Nolt, and for Seriph. I don' mind if you look at the other threads, as long as you can keep player knowledge seperate from character knowledge. Also, don't post in threads that aren't you're own unless you're actually there.

Seriph (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3559581#post3559581)

Kira and Nolt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3559614#post3559614)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-23, 10:38 AM
Empirica City, Outside the Parliment Buildings

They sky is grey and dreary today, and there is a strong but warm wind. There is a car waiting for you outside the Parliment Buildings. It's another one of the big black ones. The driver is well dressed elderly man in a grey suit and hat. He gives you a nod.

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-23, 10:30 PM
Demetrius

The psyker went ahead of the Inquisitor to the car, looking around for potential threats before he motioned to his Lord that it looked safe. He responded to the elderly driver's nod with one of his own and offered his hand for a shake. "Hello, what's your name?

<<Insert driver's response here.>>

"Mr. ________, I need you on the ball today, understand? There is a possibility, however slight, that we may need to exceed normally safe speeds or take dangerous shortcuts. Will you be able to handle that or should we have them call a younger driver?" he winked, hoping that would provoke the older man into doing his best. If it didn't, he'd simply replace him. Having an old man behind the wheel in a vehicle chase wasn't the way Demetrius intended to die.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-24, 11:33 AM
Empirica City, Outside the Parliment Buildings

(The driver's name is Mr. Wickar.)

"What's a young driver good for? I know the city better than any upstart taxi boy. You want to go fast all the time, then you get someone young. You want to go fast and not die, you get me."

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-24, 12:53 PM
Demetrius

The psyker chuckled at the old man's attitude and patted him on the shoulder. "I think you'll do fine, Mr. Wickar." he conceded before opening the Inquisitor's door for him and then followed him inside.

When they were all in, Demetrius informed Wickar of their destination and then brought up the Garrison files Seriphius had researched on his hand terminal. He'd been through it already, but if Demetrius was one thing he was thorough. He'd be able to recite it from memory given another read through. As he researched, he spoke to the Inquisitor, making sure to raise the privacy shielding so the driver didn't overhear.

"Sir, I believe it would be beneficial for me to stay out of the spotlight this time around." he smiled sheepishly. "They will focus all their attention on pleasing you, leaving me free to search around a little bit. I will search the area for active psyker emanations and the taint of chaos with my more subtle senses while we conduct an 'inspection' of something or another. When I have finished we should also question the executives. Whatever's going on, I believe there is someone in power facilitating this spread of noxious rot. If they are completely forthcoming I might want to look at a few personnel records as well...notification of vacations and leaves of absence and the like." he continued to think aloud as he ran a hand over his bald head. "To be brutally honest, I don't really know that we'll know what we're looking for until we see it or feel it. The taint is coming from the Garrison Corporation, or at least its a part of it. We just don't know how thoroughly the contagion has spread itself." he frowned. "And I suppose it is pointless to mention that we may be walking into a trap..."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-25, 02:35 PM
Investigating Empirica, Outside the Parliment Building

The Inquisitor listens intently to Demetrius, nodding at several points. His only other response is to the part about traps. "It seems unlikely that they would attack us openly, considering they're previous tactics... but you can assume nothing when dealing with chaos. We must both be on our gaurd."
After about 20 minutes of driving, Mr. Wickar parks in front of a massive skyscraper. The building is made of dark metal and glass, easily 80 stories high. It's the tallest one in the area.
"Garrison HQ, Sirs," Mr. Wickar says.

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-26, 12:38 PM
Demetrius Sextus

Demetrius got out of the car first, his gaze travelling upwards trying to spot the top of the building in front of him. It didn't even hold a candle to one of the massive hive cities on other planets he'd been to but on this planet it was a very impressive size, showing off Garrison's wealth and power. Its black, reflective surface gave it a sense of intimidation and forboding.

"Thank you, Mr. Wickar. Please pull the car around, I'll call you if we need to be picked up." he said as he waited for the Inquisitor to join him on the sidewalk. He took a respectful, subordinate position to his Lord's back right as they approached the doors.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-26, 03:40 PM
Empirica City, Garrison HQ

All the surfaces in the lobby are mottled grey and black, extremely well varnished. There are a few people sitting in chairs attached to the walls. The room is dominated by a large counter, behind which sits a dark skinned man in a black suit. The Inquisitor walks up to him slowly, surveying the room. He puts his hands on the counter and leans towards the man, speaking firmly but not loudly.
"I am the Imperial Inquisitor Cyrus Auriga. This is my aide, Demetrius." He waves a hand behind him. "We are here to conduct an investigation into the Garrison Corporation and attempt to trace a specific weapon. I believe you were contacted earlier today by the Governor's office to let you know of this?"
The secretary shrinks back. He starts to pick up the phone, seems the think better of it, and then gets up.
"Just a minute, sir," he says, and walks quickly out of the room through a side door, glancing back over his shoulder.

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-26, 06:51 PM
Demetrius

The psyker used the opportunity the Inquisitor had created to briefly scan his surroundings with his psychic senses, sweeping the building for as far out as he could for any psyker emanations or signs of chaos. He'd narrow it down later, but first he wanted to get a taste of how the entire building felt as a whole. If anything jumped out at him he'd look more closely but for now he would do a wide sweep.

Psychic Sense: 1d20+17=32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1393583)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-27, 03:32 PM

You get a faint feeling of something malignant far, far above you.

ChronicLunacy
2007-11-28, 01:12 AM
Demetrius

While the man from the desk was gone, Demetrius approached the Inquisitor with his hands thread through the sleeves of his robes, giving him a monk-like demeanor if it wasn't for the tension that sang through his shoulders. He stopped within several inches of the Inquisitor's back right so that he wouldn't be overheard.

"Something...malignant...far above us. We should be careful and prepare for the worst." he said in a voice only loud enough for the Inquisitor to hear, then tugged the hood of his robe a bit farther down to obscure his face. He felt the secure weight of his bolter at his back, giving him a hunchbacked look, and hoped they didn't have weapon detectors or weren't stupid enough to attempt to deprive him of it.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-28, 06:27 PM

The Inquisitor gave a small nod in response to Demetrius, brushing his hand along where his cloak concealed his own weapons. The man from the front desk returned to the room, carrying a small key card.
"Sir, you are free to investigate the premises. This key will get you wherever you need to go. Do you need a guide?"
"...No, I don't think we'll need a guide," the Inquisitor said. "There are maps of the premises available, are there not?"
"Certainly, Sir." The man takes a small device from behind the desk, which he opens, displaying a 3D map of the building. "The office of the head of weapons sales is here." He points to a small room on the third floor. "He should be able to help you identify the weapon."
I don't have an actual map... 80 floors is a lot. Frankly, even 5 important floors is a lot. Assume that you can find anywhere you want to go.

ChronicLunacy
2007-12-03, 11:06 PM
Demetrius

"I want to see their personnel files on Delah and his coworkers first, find out who his immediate superior was." Demetrius said to the Inquisitor, since it seemed he was being let decide their course. Assuming the Inquisitor agrees, he headed to the elevator following a respectful distance behind.

Once inside he adds, "But now that we're away from the man at the desk, I think it might be prudent to find out what that feeling I'm getting from high above us might be. Shall we head upwards while I attempt to pinpoint it?" he smiled, then steepled his fingers in front of him while a look of deep concentration crossed his face.

Using Detect Psychic Presence, concentrating for all three rounds while the elevator moves upwards. He will call the elevator to stop when he feels they've reached the floor closest to whatever he's been feeling. If I could get a number and strength on any different auras he's feeling that would be cool unless you'd like to keep the blindfold over my eyes for drama purposes. Psychic check's an auto since it's level 0.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-04, 03:05 PM

The Inquisitor set the elevator to go to the top floor, ready to stop it when indicated. As it rises, you feel the presence grow stronger, but you can't pinpoint it until almost at the 65th floor. As you pass from the 67th to the 68th, you feel the presence become horizontal to your position. It seems to be below the 68th floor, but above the 67th. At this point, you also are able to tell the strength of the auras. There are four auras, one dim and three moderate. With further concentration, you might be able to tell the type of the auras.
Psychic sense checks to determine school.

ChronicLunacy
2007-12-04, 03:39 PM
Demetrius

"Between the sixty-seventh and sixty-eighth floors, Demetrius managed to say, though he still looked very deep in concentration. He was staring at the elevator door as if he was seeing through it. Really, he wasn't using his normal eyes, but his "third eye" to see beyond the physical realm and pinpoint the source of the infestation. "Let me examine them for a moment before we go in guns blazing."

Psychic Sense: 1d20+17=31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1406660)
1d20+17=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1406717)
1d20+17=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1406718)
1d20+17=31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1406727)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-04, 04:06 PM
The Auras are all Conjuration.

ChronicLunacy
2007-12-06, 05:31 PM
Demetrius

"I'm reading four separate psychic auras...conjurations of some sort...maybe a summoning of some vile creature from the Warp." he spat the last part. "Now I recommend going in all guns blazing, my Lord. he said as he began a complicated set of hand gestures to ready himself for the fight ahead, muttering under his breath. There is a flash of light and for a moment the Inquisitor gets the distinct impression that Demetrius was just encased in some kind of metal, as in he saw it for but a moment but then the psyker was returned to normal. It was like an after-image or a mirage, but definitely something had happened. "Allow me to lead the way, my Lord. I have warded myself to take the brunt of the first assault should anything happen."

Demetrius then lead the way out of the elevator.

Using Steel-Flesh. Demetrius's base for a psychic check is 25, so he automatically succeeds.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-07, 04:16 PM

The Inquisitor holds up a hand to stop Demetrius. "Wait a second. Where are we actually going in? The 67th or the 68th?"
Steel-Flesh gives you DR10/magic, right?

ChronicLunacy
2007-12-07, 07:09 PM
Demetrius

Damage Reduction 10/+5 (DRP 5 weapon bypasses) and a Hardness of 5. So a total of 15 unless the weapon ignores hardness, too. It lasts 80 minutes or until it soaks a total of 120 points of damage when Demetrius uses it.

"Actually, I'm reading it between the floors so I suggest we open the doors a bit prematurely and see if we can't find a hidden floor. If not, we can always search sixty-seven, and then sixty-eight." Demetrius replied with a smile.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-09, 06:39 PM

The Inquisitor trys to fiddle with the controls, attempting to stop the elevator manually between the 67th and 68th floors. After a few minutes of fruitless attempts, he gets a password input screen to show up.
"It's pretty heavily protected- I don't think I can get through." he says.
Ach, I feel like such a hypocrite now, not posting for three days right after telling you guys you need to post more.:smallsigh: :smallfrown:

ChronicLunacy
2007-12-09, 07:56 PM
Demetrius

"Allow me to attempt it, my Lord." Demetrius said humbly, while rolling up his sleeves. He brushed Father, his floating med-skull which had been here the entire time (:smallsigh: ) away as it seemed curious of what he was attempting. Then, he removed his palm terminal from his robes and connected it to the elevator terminal. As numbers began to scroll down the screen he alternated between typing on the elevator terminal and his personal interface device.

Attempting to hack the door, using Computer Use skill along with whatever bonuses I might receive for using the palm terminal? Here's the roll:
1d20+10=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1416130)