PDA

View Full Version : Cool ideas for a Devils and spiders.

NecroDancer
2017-03-13, 11:44 AM
One of my players (a cleric) wants to multiclass into the warlock. He doesn't really care what pact so I decided to make it a fiend. So far I've made allusions to a demonic artifact calling to him in his sleep (the artifact is a demonic bullet found on a corpse of a pirate that worked for Orcus).

My current idea is that the bullet was forged from the body of an imprisoned devil, the devil is trying to break free of her Imprisonment and has become changed by the chaotic nature of her time captured.

The barbarian has obtained (and implanted) two magic gems that are turning him into a spider (in 2 weeks in game), I think it would be cool for him to become "spidery" but I also want to impose some serious disadvantagages to offset the bonuses of being "Drider-Man".

kraftcheese
2017-03-14, 07:53 AM
I saw this (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?381766-Drider-player-race-Also-includes-half-spider-template) aaages ago; there's a lil half-spider template in there.

It doesn't have many negatives though, so I guess you could say the half-spider has susceptibility to sunlight or fire or disadvantage towards dex checks with regards to jumping out of the way of things (considering they're a big spider centaur now).

And with regards to a spider devil, spinning webs of convoluted plans to entrap their enemies/victims is what the baatezu do best so I think the spider theme fits; have it be called "[insert name], Fly-catcher, Ensnarer of Kesh, The Crawling Lord, He Who Spins A Thousand Threads".