PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Artificial Drow Pregnancy? Please Help!

kweseleyjones
2017-03-13, 09:25 PM
Ok so this is kinda a bizarre problem... But here goes nothing:

My character is a female drow - she's a young adult (In elf years), a warlock, and chaotic evil. Overall, her character is pretty messed up, probably due to the fact that she thinks she killed her sister. Anyways, her plans are somewhere along the lines of world domination, specifically, raising an army of the dead. To do this, she needs a necromancer to do the whole raising of the dead thing for her. Due to the fact that I originally made her a rouge, her intelligence was too low for her to become a wizard when I switched classes, so she's a warlock instead (this actually kind of fits better into the plot, but that's beside the point). Yes, my DM says it's too late for me to redistribute her ability scores so that she can become a necromancer/wizard herself :(

My plan for getting a necromancer is to raise a baby girl (fully drow) as my characters child, but the world my DM has made has a lot of differences from your typical D&D world - one of them being that there are only 3 drow in the world - one of them being my character - and all of them being (you guessed it) female. So getting my character pregnant by normal means with a male drow is out of the question. I do not want (and even more so my character would not be the type of elf to want) a necromancer that is not a completely a drow.

I considered (call me crazy, but my character has no emotional attachments) kidnapping a baby drow from another, normal D&D world from a portal, but for currently unexplained reasons, our characters cannot get out of the world.

Is there any way that I could get my character pregnant with a drow? I have been researching pregnancy spells for a while and I can't find any. If you can think of anything, please tell me about it! My DM is pretty flexible and open to all logical ideas, as long as they fit with the pre-set traits of his crazy world (which I've explained above). I am honestly so confused as to what I should do... If only I didn't have such ambitious and unrealistic goals - but it's too late for that.

Thanks! (Oh and sorry this post is so long!)

Trekkin
2017-03-13, 09:39 PM
Unfortunately, the only parthenogenesis spell I'm aware of is third-party and seventh-level clerical.

Without getting salacious, the problem of a mono-gendered race would seem solvable by finding a Girdle of Opposite Gender, would it not?

kweseleyjones
2017-03-13, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately, the only parthenogenesis spell I'm aware of is third-party and seventh-level clerical.

Without getting salacious, the problem of a mono-gendered race would seem solvable by finding a Girdle of Opposite Gender, would it not?

I'm a newer player, so I've never actually heard of a Girdle of Opposite Gender before (I just looked it up). Definitely an idea I'd be willing to try, but the other female drow in the world are kinda a queen and a goddess...

The goddess happens to have an entire cult that will kill my character if I do anything related to her, unfortunately, (there's a lot to the game that I haven't explained), and the Queen... Well you know... She's a Queen...

But thanks for the tip! Maybe I'll try and manipulate some NPCs into getting a Girdle onto either the Queen or the Goddess.

JNAProductions
2017-03-13, 10:16 PM
Perhaps summon a demon? Drow like demons, right?

Samzat
2017-03-13, 10:48 PM
Perhaps summon a demon? Drow like demons, right?

beside being half fiend no bad. samzat once know half fiend, half fiendy man enjoy fire powers!

sktarq
2017-03-13, 10:52 PM
honestly you may have more luck in turning a chosen male into a drow . . . drow are often associated with curses or relationships to various dieties. Thus it may be possible for a normal elf to 'fall' in drow-dom.
Or get a wizard who is very very charmed/obsessed with you to work on various ways to change his race.

And finally - go hunting male drow bones/statues/ etc anything that can be used as a base for a resurrection or (with something to restore the body) a raise dead spell. Feign love to get the priest to help you if you must or just do the quest/favor necessary to a high enough level cleric to get them to do your biding. Tell the newly awoken male that the price of his life is 1-3 children (whatever you want to cover potential losses or inadequacies you will have to cull in order to get the desired traits).

LokiRagnarok
2017-03-14, 01:05 AM
Is there a way for you to (even temporarily) duplicate yourself and to slap your clone with a Girdle of Opposite Gender?

The other idea would be to have someone shapeshift into a male drow. Say, have you attracted the attention of a shapeshifter deity recently? If not, now is the time ;)

Oh, and you may maybe bargain with some entity to grant your wish through magic. Because magic.

Note that according to the Book of Erotic Fantasy, elves have a 5% chance of conception from unprotected intercourse and a 24 months gestation period, although your world probably works differently. There are also spells in there that may be of help.

Kane0
2017-03-14, 01:06 AM
Fairly sure the BoEF has you covered, but there are alternatives.

Fiends and dragons could both make good sires, since they bestow templates augment rather than mix your drow blood. Your offspring also gets a nice power boost out of this.

A curse or item of gender changing is also possible if you can get a drow partner.
If you cant get a drow partner, polymorph and other shapechanging magic can make one for you.

There is also a chance of something like a variation of the clone spell, or any other means of duplicating yourself

Berenger
2017-03-14, 04:03 AM
Make a deal with a circle of evil druids. Raid some orphanages or spend some money in the slave markets to obtain young children of lesser races. Ritually sacrifice those children. Let the druids cast Reincarnate until "Incarnation: Other" yields you a couple of male drow (yes, they started out life as inferior non-drow, but your character can easily delude herself into thinking that, obviously, their souls are very special and chosen by [deity of your choice] to gain the privilege of ascension). Let (un-)natural selection sort out which is the most worthy mate and proceed with your plan when he is old enough. Or just pick a female if you get any and skip the pregnancy, as you choose. Anyway, leftover drow children can be neglected to the point of death to create a pack of Slaymates (undead children that bolster the spellcasting ability of necromancers). Congratulations, you are now the villain in a rather depraved dead baby horror campaign.

But honestly, duplicating, genderflipping and doing the dirty deed yourself is a so much better embodiment of drow hubris and going after the hopefully resurrectable bones of the (in your character's mind - this can be a tool for further characterization) best specimen of male drowyness that ever lived (supposed there once were male drow in that world) is a much better plot hook.

I just want to say I'm glad you did not go after you goal the boring way, by questing for a Tome of Clear Thought to increase your characters Intelligence score.

Beneath
2017-03-14, 01:36 PM
I'm wondering how someone would get the idea that their child must be a pure-blooded member of their species that has only three members, all female, in the first place.

Though if you gotta, I want to second everything Berenger said about the previous plans. Depending, though, the resultant baby from the duplicate plan might be a clone of you or (as real biology works) a random reassortment of your genes that's very likely to get any recessive genetic conditions you're a carrier for. Also, if ability scores are genetic or dependent on the people who raised them, they'll likely be suited to be a rogue/warlock like you rather than a wizard.

If you pick up the necessary girdle, the ressurectable bones you find don't even have to be male. It sounds like your backstory's provided us with a dead drow? Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend that course of action but since you're already pretty thoroughly evil why not revel in depravity and do the Cersei Lannister thing?

If the queen feels the same way you do about needing a drow heir, and the girdle is reusable or you have two, you could approach her for a trade, even, though you'd want to be very careful with this (since, like, she's still a drow queen). It'd probably be easier than tricking her into putting the girdle on then somehow getting into her bed before someone gets the curse undone. A goddess might be able to change her shape as she wills, so if you could get her in on this plan you might not even need the girdle.

Finally, depending on edition you might be able to find a way to make your character into a viable wizard anyway. 5e wizards aren't that dependent on stats if you play them as support rather than offensive casters, and in 3e the best undead army necromancers are clerics. In 5e also if you can find a Tome of Clear Thought you can tap it every hundred years; as a young adult you can probably get like three uses (+6 INT) or more out of the same tome before you get too old. You could go even higher if you want, especially if you find a way to pass the time without aging (maybe spend it petrified; petrification is the cold sleep of D&D). It's not a quick plan by any means though, and pretty much takes you out of the campaign. In 3e you need your casting stat more and you can't raise it just by sitting around even with a tome, so that's less viable, but I think the Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror) might be a CHA caster and they're good at the kinds of necromancy you want (so you could class-change there or raise your kid to be one). They also have rebuking.

Figure out a plan you like, maybe a backup plan too, and run them by your DM and see what inspires them. Whatever you try will have a quest to it, so find one your DM wants to run.

KnightOfV
2017-03-14, 01:43 PM
Seems like there would be an easier way to take over the world. :smalltongue: Let's run with it though.

But it seems like your DM is keeping you from your goal on purpose, (only female drow left in the world, can't shift planes to somewhere with more drow...) Maybe your DM has something in mind to help you do this goal later, after you crush your current enemies, or at a more dramatic story moment. I know it's not very Chaotic Evil... but maybe be patient and look for ways in your world that you can do this.

You're a warlock, so if you ever get to talk to whatever fiend/creature gives you powers, ask them directly if they can make it happen. Promise your patron your undying support if it helps you.

Make it your mission to find another drow (a male, or a female child, or whatever). Every place you go look for magic that can revive/summon/create more drow.

Look for a artifact or spell that gives you power over undead. (make knowledge checks, talk to npcs) Even though warlocks get no spells to summon undead, necromancers only get a few. You're gonna need more than a kid wizard to take over the world, so start looking for people that have powerful magic so you can kill them and take it.

Keep giving your DM ideas like this in their world, and hopefully, they will like one and run with it. Once you take over the world, there's not much story left, so it's ok if you don't get there right away. :smallamused:

Mister Loorg
2017-03-14, 02:07 PM
Book of Erotic Fantasy
I am equally unsurprised and disappointed that this exists.

Honest Tiefling
2017-03-14, 02:11 PM
I'm a newer player, so I've never actually heard of a Girdle of Opposite Gender before (I just looked it up). Definitely an idea I'd be willing to try, but the other female drow in the world are kinda a queen and a goddess...

Er...Quick question. You're a warlock, right? So you must have a really good charisma score. What's preventing your character becoming male and seducing both of them? A queen and a goddess can probably take care of the kid just as well as you can. And you aren't preggers! Hurray! So no downtime. Also, if you are the ONLY male drow around, both parties might get interested in someone of their own species.

If that plan fails, you have a few centuries to knock up some elves or humans and breed them back to each other to produce what is basically a full drow. Maybe see if you can't improve things along the way.

I do like the half-demon plan, nice simple, and traditional.

LokiRagnarok
2017-03-14, 02:35 PM
^For bonus points, knock both of them up :D

Honest Tiefling
2017-03-14, 02:38 PM
^For bonus points, knock both of them up :D

I guess you could also try to knock up a demon for even more bonus points, but that doesn't seem like a process that would end well.

Vinyadan
2017-03-14, 02:56 PM
You don't really need a man to get pregnant, you need the goods delivered by a man. So you can simply obtain a way to change sex multiple times, become a man, deliver the goods, conserve them, turn back into a woman, peruse the goods, repeat once each month until you are pregnant. It is very icky to describe, though, so you need to see if it would be OK for your group.

Honest Tiefling
2017-03-14, 03:18 PM
You don't really need a man to get pregnant, you need the goods delivered by a man. So you can simply obtain a way to change sex multiple times, become a man, deliver the goods, conserve them, turn back into a woman, peruse the goods, repeat once each month until you are pregnant. It is very icky to describe, though, so you need to see if it would be OK for your group.

While the character is presumably evil, I do assume that inbreeding as a race with a constitution penalty is a bad idea. Probably better to find a way to age half-drow and breed them together.

Newtonsolo313
2017-03-14, 03:24 PM

more eloquent way is to say "impregnate yourself with the sperm of your genderbent self"

Beneath
2017-03-14, 05:38 PM
Another point to bring up is that the girdle of masculinity/femininity is a cursed item; it may well make you impotent (check with your DM). Making the wearer virile/fertile is quite possibly extra work that the maker of a prank or punishment item wouldn't do; even if it wasn't, an item built to punish the wearer for putting it on probably would go the extra mile to make it more punishing.

Pathfinder has a potion that does the same thing without being cursed.

ShaneMRoth
2017-03-15, 04:24 AM
My DM is pretty flexible and open to all logical ideas, as long as they fit with the pre-set traits of his crazy world (which I've explained above). I am honestly so confused as to what I should do... If only I didn't have such ambitious and unrealistic goals - but it's too late for that.

Thanks! (Oh and sorry this post is so long!)

At a purely meta-level, you need DM buy-in on this goal or it won't work.

Based on the context of your post, I can't rule out your DM being a "Never Say No" type.

Your DM set the global population of drow to three and established that they are all the same sex.

Your character has been unsuccessful at researching pregnancy spells.

Your character is unable to travel the multiverse for a world that is populated with drow.

These three pieces of evidence outweigh the DM's "flexibility" and "open mindedness"

Right now, you don't appear to have any support from your DM to achieve your stated goal. And if your DM is a "Never Say No" sort of DM, then he may never be willing to admit that he just won't allow you to achieve that goal.

I recommend that you give your DM every benefit that could come with doubt, but I also recommend knowing when a cause might be lost.

In-game, have your character seek any evidence of a "lost tribe" of drow somewhere in the setting. Bardic lore, the Commune spell, the Divination spell, the Legend Lore spell (Have your character hire someone to cast these spells if she must) Give the DM a chance to open up a possibility that there might be more of your character's kind in the setting. Once you get your answer, accept it as canon. I suspect the DM will confirm that the three female drow are all that is left.

It should be possible to resurrect, with True Resurrection or the Wish spell, a drow killed in the last 200 years or so, provided that drow didn't die of old age. There are other obstacles, such as identifying these dead dark elves, but it should be possible to resurrect a few male and female elves this way which would enlarge the gene pool and allow for making more drow babies. If all drow who died in the past 200 years died of old age? More evidence that you don't have DM buy-in.

The D&D core rules allow for reality warping methods to change the gender of a character. Changing one female drow into a male drow should be possible. Alter Self can be used to change a character's gender, and that alone could plausibly allow for pregnancy in a fantasy setting. Polymorph Any Object should allow for a permanent (until dispelled) gender change. And if all else fails a Wish spell, (or series of Wishes) could plausibly solve any gender or fertility issues. If the DM won't allow that at all, then you have more evidence that you don't have DM buy-in.

Once there is a male drow in the setting, getting pregnant should be matter of when, not if. Spells might be appropriate to prevent pregnancy, but they shouldn't be required to cause pregnancy. (Augury and Divination spells could be useful in determining when conception is most likely) If all three surviving drow also happen to have fertility issues, that's more evidence you don't have DM buy-in.

The last three drow on the planet should not need to be persuaded of the need to procreate. If all of the NPC drow just don't care if their entire species goes extinct, then you have yet more evidence that you don't have DM buy-in.

Also, your character should have to wait about a century before her child is old enough to train as a necromancer. Unless you want to dabble in magic that speeds up the aging process.

I know I sound pessimistic, but I am rooting for you.

I make no apologies for the length of this post.

Berenger
2017-03-15, 06:39 AM
It should be possible to resurrect, with True Resurrection or the Wish spell, a drow killed in the last 200 years or so, provided that drow didn't die of old age.

Luckily, no true Drow ever died of old age. Unless you count "Became too senile to check her food for poison." or "Got too slow to dodge the crossbow bolt aimed at his liver." as death by old age.

Anderlith
2017-03-15, 06:20 PM
Make a clone, give it a Girdle of Opposite Gender.

Instead of kidnapping a kid to raise as yours, instead kidnap a baby daddy.

& this is getting way more into ick than i really want to go.... but use Girdle of Opposite Gender, collect your own... ahem. Then take off the Girdle turn back into a female & ... well impregnate yourself.

Find any Wish or Miracle magic.

Ask Lolth to help a sister out, & do something (conjuer a male, or spontanious pregnancy.

Cast reincarnation on some dead guy until you hit the right numbers & pop up a drow. (This might be the best way as it will fit with a necromancer poking a corpse alive & dead again until you get drow. It also doesnt take much of your own time, just the necromancer

Max_Killjoy
2017-03-15, 08:14 PM
Wish spell.

* POOF, character is pregnant.
* POOF, character has a little clone of herself.
* POOF, whatever you come up with.

E: also, several posts in this thread make me wonder when the knock-knock jokes will start...

Newtonsolo313
2017-03-15, 09:22 PM
Wish spell.

* POOF, character is pregnant.
* POOF, character has a little clone of herself.
* POOF, whatever you come up with.

E: also, several posts in this thread make me wonder when the knock-knock jokes will start...

Good luck finding someone to cast it for you
I mean yeah wish would be convenient but like people are suggesting alternatives that need some persuasion(some sort of charm effect) and alter self

I don't know what you mean by knock knock jokes but if I was to guess your implying a lack of maturity while being condescending or just communicating badly.
Edit: Also this is just a guess because i honestly don't know what you are talking about

Max_Killjoy
2017-03-15, 10:26 PM
Good luck finding someone to cast it for you
I mean yeah wish would be convenient but like people are suggesting alternatives that need some persuasion (some sort of charm effect) and alter self

The other two drow are a queen and a goddess... I think a Wish can be arranged.

I don't know what you mean by knock knock jokes but if I was to guess your implying a lack of maturity while being condescending or just communicating badly.
Edit: Also this is just a guess because i honestly don't know what you are talking about

Multiple posts included the term "knocked up"... whole new twist on "knock knock" - "who's there?"

It's punny because it's true.

Newtonsolo313
2017-03-16, 05:21 AM
The other two drow are a queen and a goddess... I think a Wish can be arranged.

Multiple posts included the term "knocked up"... whole new twist on "knock knock" - "who's there?"

It's punny because it's true.

I don't know I mean bards seduce queens all the time. But basically the problem with wish is that when using a wish it can have consequences. In 3.5 you of course needed a metric ton of gold and had monkeys paw wish interpretation. In 5e the caster could lose the ability to cast it i don't think anyone is going to cast it for young without a life debt or the like. Also in some worlds there are no high enough level casters to cast wish

Dappershire
2017-03-16, 07:44 AM
I like the girdle thought, but everyone is saying either give it to the other two, or use it yourself and use charisma to ask nicely...
Aren't you evil? Evil doesn't ask. Take the girdle, be a man, and go force yourself on the queen. I doubt your DM (given what we hear so far) is going to send too heavy an opposition against you.
Take the Queen, and now -you- are Kueeng. Qing? King/queen at any rate. (Damn, I doubt the LGBT community ever had to worry about Transgender Concrete Royal Nouns before. Can I get a ruling?)
Its a win/win/win. A kingdom, pregnant drow, youre now a superior male (Im trolling!)
All win. Y'know, unless the royal Guard skewer you. Or the Queen murders you. Or the Goddess doesn't like what your trying with the Queen, and Driders you. (Which is still kinda win)

Anderlith
2017-03-16, 08:23 AM
I like the girdle thought, but everyone is saying either give it to the other two, or use it yourself and use charisma to ask nicely...
Aren't you evil? Evil doesn't ask. Take the girdle, be a man, and go force yourself on the queen. I doubt your DM (given what we hear so far) is going to send too heavy an opposition against you.
Take the Queen, and now -you- are Kueeng. Qing? King/queen at any rate. (Damn, I doubt the LGBT community ever had to worry about Transgender Concrete Royal Nouns before. Can I get a ruling?)
Its a win/win/win. A kingdom, pregnant drow, youre now a superior male (Im trolling!)
All win. Y'know, unless the royal Guard skewer you. Or the Queen murders you. Or the Goddess doesn't like what your trying with the Queen, and Driders you. (Which is still kinda win)
Who ever they forced themselves on could then harm the baby. This is leverage you dont want. Better to carry the baby to term yourself. This is why you need a hand

Newtonsolo313
2017-03-16, 12:16 PM
whoa whoa whoa
i think we can make the evil more... subtle
here is a 10 step plan to conquering the world with the necromancer army of your son
1)make a deal with a dragon and get them to kill the king in an attempt to steal the coffers of the king then betray dragon
2)become ruler due to popular support and take queen as consort
3)create a communist 'utopia' which believes that all people are interchangeable except for there skills(produce lots of girders of femininity/masculinity)
4) get the people to worry about a heir
5) 'reluctantly' agree to bear a child yourself
6) start a program to decrease the work of a common man by enrolling undead in the workforce(get necromancers by promising them amnesty in your country)
7) tutor child in basic necromancy
8) accidently get in a war
9) use war to justify teaching child higher and becoming a lich
10) convince them to conquer the world to "spread the utopia"
uhh so hows that i think it works fine and takes advantage of a high charisma score

veti
2017-03-16, 02:52 PM
One word: Polymorph.

Find some gullible, horny male - shouldn't be too hard. Seduce him. At the appropriate stage of proceedings, Polymorph him into a drow. Then, umm, make sure that the proceedings conclude before the effect wears off.

Of course you'd want to kill him when you're done. (And probably eat him too, which would symbolically make him permanently drow.)

Beneath
2017-03-16, 03:37 PM
The existence of half-dragons (if they exist in this world) sets precedent that being polymorphed doesn't change what your genetic contribution is, and in 3e at least anything that leaves your body reverts to its equivalent original form under a standard polymorph spell, though I think Shapechange (9th level though) lets it stay

Newtonsolo313
2017-03-16, 03:45 PM
The existence of half-dragons (if they exist in this world) sets precedent that being polymorphed doesn't change what your genetic contribution is, and in 3e at least anything that leaves your body reverts to its equivalent original form under a standard polymorph spell, though I think Shapechange (9th level though) lets it stay
if polymorph doesn't work then true polymorph is a better solution being it lasts forever when concentration is used up in 5e

GreatWyrmGold
2017-03-16, 04:01 PM
I'd imagine coitus would disrupt concentration.

To the OP: Is the GM open to going outside RAW spells? Because there are zillions of legends and novels about women who can't conceive children naturally getting some. Call your local devil to make a deal while supplies last! Fiend species may vary. Void where some a-hole set up an antimagic field. Ask your cleric if miraculous conception is right for you!

Newtonsolo313
2017-03-16, 04:03 PM
I'd imagine coitus would disrupt concentration.

To the OP: Is the GM open to going outside RAW spells? Because there are zillions of legends and novels about women who can't conceive children naturally getting some. Call your local devil to make a deal while supplies last! Fiend species may vary. Void where some a-hole set up an antimagic field. Ask your cleric if miraculous conception is right for you!

... i mean after the concentration ends

GreatWyrmGold
2017-03-16, 06:11 PM
... i mean after the concentration ends
Wait, it's concentration plus permanent? I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say.

Newtonsolo313
2017-03-16, 06:42 PM
Wait, it's concentration plus permanent? I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say.

5e true polymorph says the following
If you concentrate on this spell for the full Duration, the transformation becomes permanent.
as in wait an hour after the dude is a drow to have coitus

GreatWyrmGold
2017-03-16, 07:58 PM
5e true polymorph says the following
If you concentrate on this spell for the full Duration, the transformation becomes permanent.
as in wait an hour after the dude is a drow to have coitus
Oh. That's pretty neat. Though it also says you need to polymorph it into a beast...I don't think drow count. True Polymorph seems a bit out of the OP's reach...

Blu
2017-03-16, 08:31 PM
Find human mate, make Half-drow males.
Mate with Half-drow mates to get 3/4 Drow.
Mate with 3/4 Drow to get to get 7/8 Drow.
Repeat until the child is as drow enough.

sktarq
2017-03-16, 09:25 PM
Actually if a permanent polymorph is that easy in 5e just seduce/charm the hell out of a male and pay a wizard enough to make it happen

Areala
2017-03-17, 10:13 AM
Actually if a permanent polymorph is that easy in 5e just seduce/charm the hell out of a male and pay a wizard enough to make it happen

Why not just seduce a powerful wizard and if he wants in your bed, he has to change himself into a drow.

So you can get pregnant, the father is a powerful wizard who can teach the child some spells and you have to pay nothing :smallsmile:

or seduce a powerful necromancer :smallbiggrin:

War_lord
2017-03-17, 11:34 AM
I feel like it would be simpler to just make a deal with Orcus instead of this whole bizarre process of genderbending polymorphed Drow reproduction followed by 9 months of pregnancy and hundreds of years of necromancy training. I question the direction of this particular campaign when you've reached the point of this being your primary concern.

GreatWyrmGold
2017-03-18, 09:55 AM
Inbreeding is bad.
The relatedness coefficient between a mother and her non-inbred son is 0.5; that is, they share about half of their genes. The inbreeding coefficient of a child produced by these two is 25%—that is, about 25% of the genes from the mother will be matched with an identical allele from the father; the relatedness coefficient, however, is 75% (because all of the mother's genes and half of the father's genes came from the mother). The third generation of inbreeding will lead to a child with an inbreeding coefficient of, if I understand the math right, 37.5% and a relatedness coefficient of 87.5%. And so on.
Why does this matter? Well, everyone has a large number of very rare recessive alleles, which don't affect you because you have a dominant form of the gene. An inbreeding coefficient of 25% means that each of those alleles has a one in eight chance* of showing up in the child. This is bad. (There are also genetic diversity issues which can crop up, but your population won't live long enough to worry about it.)
How much does it matter? Well, the infamous Charles II of Spain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain) had an inbreeding coefficient of about 0.254, so the first generation of inbreeding would already risk serious problems. I remember that by the time you reach an inbreeding coefficient of 50%, the fetus isn't likely to make it to term. So...it matters a lot.
TL;DR: There's a reason almost every culture in the world has an incest taboo.

* There is a one in four chance of any given gene being homozygous, and a one in two chance that the homozygous gene is the bad one.

Dappershire
2017-03-19, 04:32 AM
Inbreeding is bad.

* There is a one in four chance of any given gene being homozygous, and a one in two chance that the homozygous gene is the bad one.

Granted. However, we are talking Elves here. They live so long, that it is kind of likely that they are already victims of heavy inbreeding. And the Drow, ever so more.
Now, there are only three Drow in OPs world, so I dunno if normal Drow theory holds, Underdark Mutated Elf Incest rules and all.

GreatWyrmGold
2017-03-19, 08:18 AM
Granted. However, we are talking Elves here. They live so long, that it is kind of likely that they are already victims of heavy inbreeding. And the Drow, ever so more.
...What? Longevity has nothing to do with inbreeding. As long as there were enough elves/drow (as in, more than a few hundred), inbreeding wouldn't have been an issue before whatever wiped out all but three drow. I don't see how anyone could make that connection, so I'm not sure how to refute it.

Blu
2017-03-19, 08:59 AM
Inbreeding is bad.

I'm sorry, that was more of a joke. But since that issue is here, i will think on something. Maybe if we put a lot more half-drow children and make them reproduce between themselves for 2 or 3 generations to increase genetic variability and them procriate with big mama drow to up to 3/4 drows and then repeat. But for that would necessary for her to gain some form of polymorph to change into a male, since then she can impregnate a lot of human women.

It will take a lot of time, but at least she will restabilish the drow race in the world.

Areala
2017-03-20, 04:30 AM
You are a warlock, so get:

The Dead Walk(CArc p132)
<Invocation[evil], S, 1StdAct, Touch, Instantaneous>
– Animates skeletons and/or zombies from one
or more touched corpses. (2 * invoker level)
HD of Undead may be animated in one
casting & an invoker may only have 4HD/lvl
Undead under control (if exceeded, invoker
chooses which are “freed”). Undead
controlled via Clerical “Rebuke / Control”
ability don’t count against this total.
The bodies animated by this invocation turn to
dust after 1 minute per invoker level, unless
the invoker uses 25gp per HD of black onyx
as a Material Component, in which case the
undead last until destroyed.
Effective Spell Level: 4th.

and make your own undead army

Clistenes
2017-03-20, 03:52 PM
I have read the thread, and some solutions are quite obvious

-Use Wish to get pregnant.
-Use True Resurrection to resurrect a male drow.
-Get a Druid minion, kill and Reincarnate babies until you get a drow.
-Summon a "worthy" Outsider and have sex with him. How does she feel about Eladrins/Azatas? What about Djinni? Efrits? Incubi? maybe even Fey?

I would like to add another option that I don't think anybody has proposed:

-Use Wish to get a few bottles of genetically superior drow semen. Use magic to preserve them, and use them as needed.

Are you playing 5th edition, Pathfinder or 3.5 edition? It would help to know what you can actually do.

Hish
2017-03-20, 05:56 PM

Doesn't matter. Once blood has been tainted, it can't be untainted. Nothing is "drow enough" unless they're all drow.

Inbreeding is bad

True, in our world. In D&D, two entirely different species can interbreed to create fertile offspring. I don't think DNA even exists in D&D.
So maybe inbreeding isn't bad.

Blu
2017-03-21, 09:37 AM
Doesn't matter. Once blood has been tainted, it can't be untainted. Nothing is "drow enough" unless they're all drow.

Yeah, but that "taint" can be used as a excuse for her to rule all the impure drows that come.

Draconi Redfir
2017-03-21, 06:31 PM
you could always forgo complicated magic and go for complicated science instead.

Get a doctor to extract one of your character's eggs

then inject it with some cells from either your own character, or one of the other two Drow. this /should/ fertilize the egg which can then be re-inserted into your character.

i think at least. might be that since the injected cells are diploid (two of each gene) already, and your egg is Haploid (one of each gene) then the DNA in the egg itself might need to be removed so the cells from the donor Drow can take over. It'd be a clone, but it'd be fully Drow.

GreatWyrmGold
2017-03-22, 09:14 AM
True, in our world. In D&D, two entirely different species can interbreed to create fertile offspring. I don't think DNA even exists in D&D.
So maybe inbreeding isn't bad.
I tend to act on the assumption that fictional worlds are like our own unless otherwise stated. After all, organisms seem to act like real-world organisms 99 times out of a hundred, so why assume their most fundamental biological characteristics are different?