PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Grappling Build for Big Beasties?

Slayer Lord
2017-03-13, 10:14 PM
I'm curious about doing a grappling build that can take on critters bigger than me, Beowulf-style. What are some good classes and feat trees to consider?

Geddy2112
2017-03-14, 11:02 AM
There is no size limit for what you can grapple in pathfinder. Some larger things are going to be hard to grapple, but there is no size requirement to my knowledge.

For feats, you have three grappling style feat trees to consider. You can go snapping turtle, grabbing, or kraken. Snapping turtle is nice because it lets you attempt a grapple check as an immediate action if you are missed(and raises your AC/CMD). Grabbing style is more for grappling multiple opponents, so probably less of your thing. Kraken style adds a ton of damage to grappling and boosts your ability to grapple.

Obviously you need improved/greater grapple. Body shield and rapid grapple are also good choices.

For classes, the tetori monk is probably the best at grappling in the entire game and comes built in with most of the feats you would want as a bonus. The brutal pugilist barbarian is also decent.