PDA

View Full Version : Help building a soul knife.

Sir cryosin
2017-03-14, 07:52 AM
So 5e is my first ttrpg and this is my first time with pisonic/mystic. All the disciplines look cool but the the name and fluff of a soul knife sounded cool. So can y'all help me build a soul knife plz.

kladams707
2017-03-14, 09:01 AM
So 5e is my first ttrpg and this is my first time with pisonic/mystic. All the disciplines look cool but the the name and fluff of a soul knife sounded cool. So can y'all help me build a soul knife plz.

Light armor & finessable means you'll want dex and the save DC's are based on intelligence, so int is also needed.

The following offer bonuses (or can) to the necessary stats:

Human
Variant Human
High Elf
Forest Gnome

If you want that strength of mind feel, stick with forest gnome (advantage on int, wis, and cha saving throws against magic).

For discipline s and takents that all depends on what you want. I can see a lot of use in celerity, intellect fortress, or crown of despair for varying reasons. And I'm not at all discounting others, I just like what I read from them. So really, it's up to you in those areas. If you want a ranged option, you can choose the energy beam talent. Again though, depends on what you want.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-03-14, 10:43 AM
soul knife gives martial weapons and medium armor at level 1. also int isn't needed per say, theres enough disciplines that dont require saves and such. You could definitely go for a strength build if you wanted to.

Cool Fire Giant
2017-05-25, 03:29 PM
I'm currently playing a standard human (11 16 14 13 13 14) Swashbuckler 3 / Soul Knife 3. I love the mobility and extra fun from the Mystic Disciplines. I might progress with Mystic all the way from now on so I'd love to hear some suggestions too.

DragonSorcererX
2017-05-25, 06:20 PM

What are you allowed to use?

The free Elemental Evil Players Companion has Deep Gnomes wich are more powerful than Forest Gnomes and come from the Underdark (wich is brimming with psionic power), also, not only they are more powerful but they seem to be more serious and bad ass than Forest Gnomes, being all edgy, quiet and suspicious.

Edit: I say powerful because 120ft Darkvision > Talk with rats...