PDA

View Full Version : [AW] Bánh Canh & Red Dogs IC

DyerMaker
2017-03-14, 02:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WjTrnf0.jpg

There's something seductive about the night. All of those licorice hues inviting you to come closer. The elders used to say that nothing goes bump in the night that doesn't stir in the daytime. Those tales were only halfway comforting as a youngster. You knew that no one ever went missing during the day. It was always the night that dragged your friends into it's blackened bosom. Even then, you knew the darkness held its own fears and now you know it goes deeper. It goes beyond fear. It goes beyond a stutter in your step, a hesitation in your walk, or the caution that you feel. Walking down Rhineland Street to the west of Ütopya, silhouettes of the dead invite you in from their windows in the scrapers. Often, you've wondered what it'd be like to accept their proposal. "Come closer", they whisper, without saying anything at all. Pausing at the corner, the flood lights of the compound cut through the night like an angelic savior bringing hope and healing to a dying world. But, all they really do is cause the hairless rats of Grippa to seek solace in the darkness. The light does that you see, it exposes you for who you really are. It won't shelter you like the night. It won't cloak you when you feel barren. It won't aid you in moving unseen. Darkness is an elegant embrace, a comforting lover. The light, the sun's radioactive warmth, perhaps that is what you should truly fear.

DyerMaker
2017-03-16, 12:52 PM
5AM Saint, along with Ox-Nose and Yana stand within the lowest underground level of Ütopya, U2, or parking deck #2, as its still marked in fading yellow-orange letters. The room has a smooth concrete floor with a little rubble pushed to each corner, cinder block walls and the smell of earth that seeps from below. A single metal chair, with the bottom cut out, holds a certain biker from Little Crawl. He's tied, dirty, a tad bloody, and smells of piss. This cat, and a few of his buds thought they'd take a little from the hold...free of charge. But that's not how it works. Not in Ütopya. 5AM stands in the darkness, just out of sight, as a single light shines upon the prisoner. Ox-Nose holds a crowbar. Yana has slipped a hand in her pants with a few moving fingers.

5AM, what's your pleasure?

President Revive Continental. Each day seems to get a bit shorter in the Fall. Sure, there are no more calendars to ink X's on, but you know the seasons and you count the days. Because, if you don't, who will? Other than a few flood lights humming and Dogs on watch, Ütopya is quiet this evening. This is your hold, baby. You built her with blood, sweat, and sheer willpower. You also have the Dogs and 300 souls that depend on your every move. Good days, bad days, hell, they're all just days. But, that mealworm in your bread, from earlier tonight; is that an issue? 5AM and Ox-Nose have a prisoner downstairs that may or may not be a concern? You saw a few random faces in the market earlier today; is that an issue? Hey, hey, you're holding hard and everyone sees that strength. THUMP, THUMP. That's someone knocking on your door, baby.

President, is it time to work?

Impala. Just off the road. Ah, the juice you get from finishing a gig. That's always nice. Car in the garage. Safe inside Ütopya. Your day could not have been better. Standing in the Commons, you're glad to see and hear little more than a few Dogs on patrol. There are a couple of vendors still peddling but otherwise, it's hush-hush in the compound. Is it too quiet? Or, does it even matter. Your mind ventures off for a bit, thinking about the M50, The Choke. It's the one motorway that sticks in your mind. Once you get on... there ain't no off ramps for miles. Cars stacked, burnt, trashed, and now makeshift homes for brutes. That thought fades. You probably have something pressing to do or maybe not.

Impala, what's your next step? And, why, in times of quiet, do you reflect on the The Choke?

Grrl Grzzly is sitting large in the neon surrender of Doc Rubber's Disco Bar Mitzvah. Drinks here come in shades of glow. Hookah's are the center pieces on glass tables that shed light to the ceiling and anything you smoke is gonna taste sweet 'til the end. In the back, you can get your pain on in various ways. You pick the poison here and everything hurts so good. Doc isn't in tonight, but her maids in latex have the spot roll'n just fine. THUM THUM THUM THUM DA DA DA-TA DUM, CRASH... The DJ spins one that sends the crowd wild. Dikes, dweebs, and midnight thieves all hit the small, square, neon-pulsing dance floor. The place is posh, modern, and a favorite oasis for those in The Know. Grrl gets approached by a thin, muscular dude. No shirt. Latex shorts and biker boots. Body glitter. Neon lipstick and hair so slick its practically pomade. I've seen you here before, he says. Wanna shake that ass?

A'ite Grrl, what's your reply? What do you wanna do?

Bella Nova strolls up to the hottest bar in the city, Doc Rubber's Disco Bar Mitzvah. It doesn't look like much from the outside. The building is two stories of concrete and rebar. It's grey. Drab. With a simple, red, neon sign that reads, DISCO. This is the place. You can barely hear the bass thumping inside. Outside there are numerous bikes, cars and a van that's rocking on its springs as two or more people get their thang on behind its doors. You see a few randoms lighting up toward the eastern side of the south-facing establishment. There's no bouncer or guard at the door. It opens like a concrete elevator. Inset to the right is a 20inch screen with a built in keypad, backlit in cyan. The screen is white with an intercom system adjacent, to the left. The first time is always a b!tch.

Ok, Bella, what's next?

Gull
2017-03-16, 05:24 PM
President Revive Continental (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10coIQxkLB3mXOC7-8OPPXBBYh7q5qePKxCsP_FQXENE/edit)

It's always time to work. No sleep till Ütopya.

People always talk about power. How killing a man changes you. How it takes away a piece of you. About how it's hard.

Scum.

Killing men is easy. Keeping them alive, now that's the hard part. Mundi Mundi is a nest of brainburnt maniacs, the Zoo is a boiling pit of savagery and violence. Ütopya? Stability. Safety. Order. All earned with blood to be sure, and using blood as a currency garnered grudges, but it was a price worth paying.

Granted, it was others who paid that price. I've only got so much blood, and a lot of prices to pay, and without me, Ütopya falls. And if Ütopya falls, then everything falls. I've worked too damn hard for too many years to balk at a few lives being lost in the name of the greater good. I'm not a good man. But I'm a man who works towards good. You understand that, don't you?

Who the hell am I talking to?

I light a cigarette from crackling oil lamp. Time to get get things on the boil.

"Enter, Friend," I say. Hand on pistol in pocket of coat. I'm not a good man. That means I'm not a stupid man.

Demon Prince
2017-03-16, 05:35 PM
Bella Nova strolls up to the hottest bar in the city, Doc Rubber's Disco Bar Mitzvah. It doesn't look like much from the outside. The building is two stories of concrete and rebar. It's grey. Drab. With a simple, red, neon sign that reads, DISCO. This is the place. You can barely hear the bass thumping inside. Outside there are numerous bikes, cars and van that's rocking on its springs as two or more people get their thang on behind its doors. You see a few randoms lighting up toward the eastern side of the south-facing establishment. There's no bouncer or guard at the door. It opens like a concrete elevator. Inset to the right is a 20inch screen with a built in keypad, backlit in cyan. The screen is white with an intercom system adjacent, to the left. The first time is always a b!tch.

Ok, Bella, what's next?

Bella Nova (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtNu0pOgrbFe3-_wXEHubnEw2_S90C_Ny9bGqLxen2o/edit?usp=sharing)

Bella takes a breath and a look at that com system. For the moment, there's nothing more to this than that. Of course, if this ends up taking too long, or in the tiny off-chance she pisses someone off on the intercom, she might have to take more...extreme measures, but she's not thrilled by the idea of picking up one of the *******s outside. Besides, she may end up needing to pick up a different *******. Best to limit the amount of clutter.

Checking the screen briefly for relevant information and only stopping if it says something important (say, restrictions on who's welcome in the club, or that the Goddamn President, Revive Continental, was showing up there that night) Bella Nova presses a button on the com system and says "Hello? How much to get in?"

Mekboy
2017-03-16, 07:03 PM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit?usp=sharing)

5am closed her eyes and took a deep breath of the fetid air. Delicious. While she was fairly certain there was no big master plan coming from this streak of horse piss, she had a job to do all the same. And of course she could take her time and have a little fun, oh yes.

Opening her eyes again, she adjusted her suit before stepping forwards into the light.

"You appear to be in a bit of trouble, yes? Stealing in Ütopya, not the brightest idea you've ever had. Brought you here, for starters."

Crouching down a little to bring herself to his height, she smiled to herself.

"Perhaps if you are a good little thing, and are cooperative and truthful, then we can be friends. Which is by far preferable to the alternative, I assure you. Now, we'll start with something simple. What is your name?"

The last sentence came out singsong and lilting.

DyerMaker
2017-03-16, 09:04 PM
President Revive Continental (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10coIQxkLB3mXOC7-8OPPXBBYh7q5qePKxCsP_FQXENE/edit)"Enter, Friend," I say. Hand on pistol in pocket of coat. I'm not a good man. That means I'm not a stupid man.Hawk-Slave enters the door; Friend President, hate to bother. There's something you gotta see. Her voice is anxious. She speaks fast.

On the east side, Eagle Avenue, outside of the fence, three Dogs huddle around a partially burned corpse with barbed wire wrapped around its neck. Hawk-Slave interjects; It was a black sedan. They threw him out and sped off. Goose-Blood took off after the car on his bike. Another Dog speaks up; He's one of ours, ain't he boss?

Which one of your Dogs has been tortured, killed, and dumped on your lawn?
Who's the first person you'd tag for this?
What do you do?

DyerMaker
2017-03-16, 09:40 PM
Bella Nova (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtNu0pOgrbFe3-_wXEHubnEw2_S90C_Ny9bGqLxen2o/edit?usp=sharing)"Hello? How much to get in?" Static hits the screen before a boyish face in welding goggles and enough piercings to set off a metal detector comes on the screen. His hair is blonde and spiked; Hi there. How much? You must be lost? ... there is a pause ... Tell ya what; slide that rifle and staff in the container behind you, MAKE SURE to use one of the tags, and I'll let you in ... gonna owe me a favor though, 'kay? Name's Ricky!

A door slides upward behind you. It's small, probably 12x12. Inside is an opening large enough for an arsenal with a red tag tied to a thin piece of wire. There is a number on the tag and a number on the perforated bottom of the tag; one for you to keep.

What's your play?

arscott
2017-03-17, 05:17 AM
Impala
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wfUrAxGZ-IgJL428HmknVyVTuRjBSJXNgPV2bdb8WsY/edit?usp=sharing)

Impala. Just off the road. Ah, the juice you get from finishing a gig. That's always nice. Car in the garage. Safe inside Ütopya. Your day could not have been better. Standing in the Commons, you're glad to see and hear little more than a few Dogs on patrol. There are a couple of vendors still peddling but otherwise, it's hush-hush in the compound. Is it too quiet? Or, does it even matter. Your mind ventures off for a bit, thinking about the M50, The Choke. It's the one motorway that sticks in your mind. Once you get on... there ain't no off ramps for miles. Cars stacked, burnt, trashed, and now makeshift homes for brutes. That thought fades. You probably have something pressing to do or maybe not.

Impala, what's your next step? And, why, in times of quiet, do you reflect on the The Choke?
Because it's the dream, yeah. A ribbon of road, floating above the world, stretching from one side of the city to the other and even beyond? Who wouldn't want to just glide above all that?

But always a false dream. Cars were a herd animal in the before-times. It's always been called the choke. A smart driver takes the surface streets.

Tonight's pressing need: A bath, with real soap and a shave with a sharp razor. A meal of fruit--berries if they've got em. Maybe some tail, though I'm not looking to pay cash for that. Get my luxuries out of the way tonight, because tomorrow morning I visit the souq and see what gigs are on offer. If you want the best-paying jobs, sometimes you have to be there pre-dawn.

Demon Prince
2017-03-17, 07:34 AM
Static hits the screen before a boyish face in welding goggles and enough piercings to set off a metal detector comes on the screen. His hair is blonde and spiked; Hi there. How much? You must be lost? ... there is a pause ... Tell ya what; slide that rifle and staff in the container behind you, MAKE SURE to use one of the tags, and I'll let you in ... gonna owe me a favor though, 'kay? Name's Ricky!

A door slides upward behind you. It's small, probably 12x12. Inside is an opening large enough for an arsenal with a red tag tied to a thin piece of wire. There is a number on the tag and a number on the perforated bottom of the tag; one for you to keep.

What's your play?

Bella Nova (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtNu0pOgrbFe3-_wXEHubnEw2_S90C_Ny9bGqLxen2o/edit?usp=sharing)

Oh, how she'd kill for a handgun right about now. Going in there without weapons felt a little like going in blind and, well, naked. That said, she couldn't imagine a place without similar restrictions, and the request made perfect sense. She would place the rifle into the opening, and then try to distract Ricky a bit while she attempted to gauge with her hand whether or not she could fit the blade on her staff inside an inner jacket pocket or something.

"Ricky, eh? I am Bella." She says, letting out a slight smile. "And yes, I am a bit new to the area. How was I supposed to enter?"

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 08:44 AM
Impala
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wfUrAxGZ-IgJL428HmknVyVTuRjBSJXNgPV2bdb8WsY/edit?usp=sharing)Tonight's pressing need: A bath, with real soap and a shave with a sharp razor. A meal of fruit--berries if they've got em. Maybe some tail, though I'm not looking to pay cash for that.Impala makes his way to his room. On the way you hear some commotion going down by the eastern fence, on Eagle Avenue. A quick glance, that's President Continental and a few of his Dogs checking out something by the fence. Is that important to Impala? Otherwise, you're thankful for hot water and yes, soap. Animal fat and potassium hydroxide in that little green bottle. The aroma is soothing. It takes the edge off, the grit, and the grime. You are reborn. There's no fruit in the pantry but you have plenty of other fixins. Then, some shuteye.

Two paths here:
Do you stop on the way to your apartment to see what's going on at the fence?
or
Do you continue through the scenario to a bath, eats, sleep?
If its the latter, What does your apartment look like?

Gull
2017-03-17, 10:27 AM
President Revive Continental (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10coIQxkLB3mXOC7-8OPPXBBYh7q5qePKxCsP_FQXENE/edit)

I sink to a squat beside the body. I recognize the missing fingers- old wounds, not one of the indignities visited upon the Dog in front of me.

"It's Edik."

The other Dogs murmer a bit among themselves. Sounds of grief, of anger. I pull my knife. That shuts them up. Saw off a piece of burned flesh, the blackened, dead skin flaking off of it. I put it in my mouth.

I chew.

It's bitter with carbon, and a bit sweet, like pork. Tears spring to my eyes, but I swallow the piece of Edik.

"This flesh is now my flesh. This insult to that body is now an insult to my own body, and an insult to Ütopya. And an insult to Ütopya is one that must be answered with blood."

I stand, brush my hands off, put my knife back in my belt.

"I want that car found. First find me Impala, then send word that I respectfully request a meeting with Grrl Grzzly, Tamer of the Road, etcetera, etcetera. You know those lunatics like their titles and protocol. Be polite. This time of night she's probably at the Mitzvah."

I pause, before I walk away.

"And burn Edik's body. Give him a Dog's funeral."

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 11:23 AM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit?usp=sharing)"You appear to be in a bit of trouble, yes? Stealing in Ütopya, not the brightest idea you've ever had. Brought you here, for starters."

"Perhaps if you are a good little thing, and are cooperative and truthful, then we can be friends. Which is by far preferable to the alternative, I assure you. Now, we'll start with something simple. What is your name?"

Whaa! Whatdafck! The biker flail's his feet trying to push the chair backward. He runs off a string of expletives. I stole. A'ite. Weez ain't et in days. ... Zeke. He hangs his head.

Saint, you're running this show. What's your move?

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 11:49 AM
"Ricky, eh? I am Bella." She says, letting out a slight smile. "And yes, I am a bit new to the area. How was I supposed to enter?" Ricky comes back over the com. You fck'n b!itch! Really? Trying to sneak a blade! I'm counting to 3 ... your ass better be gone! The screen goes back to white. The static of the intercom goes mute. The lights that warmed your bod go black.

Bella, you're on the clock. What's your move?

Desiderata
2017-03-17, 12:11 PM
Grrl Grzzly (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KBpapP-T4MymGl_SPl4Z0Cc27hdi4ciyG3dHVqLYSSc/edit?usp=sharing)

Grrl Grzzly is sitting large in the neon surrender of Doc Rubber's Disco Bar Mitzvah. Drinks here come in shades of glow. Hookah's are the center pieces on glass tables that shed light to the ceiling and anything you smoke is gonna taste sweet 'til the end. In the back, you can get your pain on in various ways. You pick the poison here and everything hurts so good. Doc isn't in tonight, but her maids in latex have the spot roll'n just fine. THUM THUM THUM THUM DA DA DA-TA DUM, CRASH... The DJ spins one that sends the crowd wild. Dikes, dweebs, and midnight thieves all hit the small, square, neon-pulsing dance floor. The place is posh, modern, and a favorite oasis for those in The Know. Grrl gets approached by a thin, muscular dude. No shirt. Latex shorts and biker boots. Body glitter. Neon lipstick and hair so slick its practically pomade. I've seen you here before, he says. Wanna shake that ass?

A'ite Grrl, what's your reply? What do you wanna do?

Smoke curls from Grrl Grzzly's lips and nostrils, not so much brooding dragon as greasy tire fire. Those nostrils flare and her spear eyes narrow, appraisingly, looking Neon up and down, not un-appreciatively but noncommittal. The knocking between her eyes was dying down a bit, remnants of last nights' debauchery. It was no longer unpleasant, now just a steady drumming of pressure and pain, a beat to the rhythm of her ride.

All around the Bar Mitzvah, Krowes that had managed to wake-up were adding to the ambiance. She could see Missus Ippy doing something hard and aggressive to some beefcake he had cornered, and she grinned back at Neon, letting her head loll to one side. It came off less lazy and more wolf angling eyes and ears on prey. She spoke, her voice surprisingly deep for her frame and colored with weird accents and patois.

"Skinny, you. Might break you, forsta? Might squeeze the blood from you twixt mine thighs. Might share you when I'm fin, and might go a second time when you've made the round and come back to me. How datta sound to you?"

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 01:16 PM
President Revive Continental (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10coIQxkLB3mXOC7-8OPPXBBYh7q5qePKxCsP_FQXENE/edit)"I want that car found. First find me Impala, then send word that I respectfully request a meeting with Grrl Grzzly, Tamer of the Road, etcetera, etcetera. You know those lunatics like their titles and protocol. Be polite. This time of night she's probably at the Mitzvah."

I pause, before I walk away.

"And burn Edik's body. Give him a Dog's funeral."Hawk-Slave; A fitting remembrance for a loyal Dog. The Dogs move into action. They have their orders but this was personal. Edik was one of them.

Continental has that feeling. That eerie feeling when you're being watched. A few stories up in what's left of the scraper to the east, Continental sees a pale silhouette in the window. It's forehead pressed against the glass, looking down, by its posture.

Goose-Blood was chasing the car. He hasn't returned. Not yet, at least.

President, what's your next action?
Which Dog(s) are going to find Impala?
Which Dog(s) are going to find Grrl Grzzly?
Which Dog(s) will give Edik a Dog's funeral?

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 01:29 PM
Grrl Grzzly (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KBpapP-T4MymGl_SPl4Z0Cc27hdi4ciyG3dHVqLYSSc/edit?usp=sharing)"Skinny, you. Might break you, forsta? Might squeeze the blood from you twixt mine thighs. Might share you when I'm fin, and might go a second time when you've made the round and come back to me. How datta sound to you?"The kid was out of his league. He knew it. Everyone in the Bar knew it. Still, he had the balls to present. Bold. Likely stupid. He shrugs along with an uneasy smile; Yeh. Sure. I'm game.

In that moment, one of the Krewe (we'll call her Slag) pats Grrl on the shoulder with two fingers, then points to the bank of security cameras near the entrance. It's Bella, the Battlebabe. She's trying to get in the Bar, but it appears that she's struggling.

Ok, Grzzly, whatcha gonna do?

Gull
2017-03-17, 01:39 PM
President, what's your next action?
Which Dog(s) are going to find Impala?
Which Dog(s) are going to find Grrl Grzzly?
Which Dog(s) will give Edik a Dog's funeral?

Ape-Cutter, Yuliy and Kirill will find Grrl Grzzly. Sending just one man would most likely be construed as an insult.

Continental and Hawk-Slave go to find Impala together- she's the one who saw the car, and she's who I need to describe it to him.

Edik's funeral is up to whoever wants to do it. Continental already said all the words that were needed.

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 02:38 PM
Ape-Cutter, Yuliy and Kirill will find Grrl Grzzly. Sending just one man would most likely be construed as an insult.
Continental and Hawk-Slave go to find Impala together- she's the one who saw the car, and she's who I need to describe it to him.
Edik's funeral is up to whoever wants to do it. Continental already said all the words that were needed.
Noted. What's your next action?

Gull
2017-03-17, 02:45 PM
Finding Impala with Hawk-Slave

Edit: I forgot about the peeper

I frown at the watcher to the East, then turn, apparently dismissing them.

"Pig-Mother, Yana, go bring me whoever's watching from up there. Don't look at them," I say as I turn. "Play it clever."

arscott
2017-03-17, 03:35 PM
Impala (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wfUrAxGZ-IgJL428HmknVyVTuRjBSJXNgPV2bdb8WsY/edit?usp=sharing)

Impala makes his way to his room. On the way you hear some commotion going down by the eastern fence, on Eagle Avenue. A quick glance, that's President Continental and a few of his Dogs checking out something by the fence. Is that important to Impala? Otherwise, you're thankful for hot water and yes, soap. Animal fat and potassium hydroxide in that little green bottle. The aroma is soothing. It takes the edge off, the grit, and the grime. You are reborn. There's no fruit in the pantry but you have plenty of other fixins. Then, some shuteye.

Two paths here:
Do you stop on the way to your apartment to see what's going on at the fence?
or
Do you continue through the scenario to a bath, eats, sleep?
If its the latter, What does your apartment look like?

I leave the president to his business, for now. If he needs me, he'll send a dog.

My apartment is Spartan--grey walls, a couple of cots (one folded up), a table made from an old marble countertop propped up on concrete blocks. A free-standing bath. A tank for water, and a cupboard for food and small possessions. On one side, a small window looks out into the garage where my car sits. On the other is the room's only real decoration. Dozens and dozens of gleaming glass circles--glittering green and polished with care. I harvested each one from it's box. In the before-times, these circles meant "go fast", and it comforts me to have them here.

From one of my pockets, I withdraw a small copper box, and open it. A dozen juicy blackberries. There's only one woman in the whole city who knows where these grow, her hands are always scraped up by thorns when she comes to market, and when she leaves, her purse is always full.

I savor each one slowly, letting the juice run down my throat. A few grain-cakes from the cupboard finish off the last of my hunger.

I smell the soap. It's expensive--made from cream instead of meat scraps, and scented with herbs and fruit-peel. But I hold off on drawing the bath, for now, in case the president sends for me.

Desiderata
2017-03-17, 04:59 PM
Grrl Grzzly (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KBpapP-T4MymGl_SPl4Z0Cc27hdi4ciyG3dHVqLYSSc/edit) - Doc Rubber's Disco Bar Mitzvah

The kid was out of his league. He knew it. Everyone in the Bar knew it. Still, he had the balls to present. Bold. Likely stupid. He shrugs along with an uneasy smile; Yeh. Sure. I'm game.

In that moment, one of the Krewe (we'll call her Slag) pats Grrl on the shoulder with two fingers, then points to the bank of security cameras near the entrance. It's Bella, the Battlebabe. She's trying to get in the Bar, but it appears that she's struggling.

Ok, Grzzly, whatcha gonna do?

G2 glances at the vidscreens, then back at the neon kid. There is a pause. Grzzly takes a long pull from her hookah, savoring the flavor but definitely not inhaling into her lungs (certainly not here), her eyes on the kid the entire time. Then she blew smoke.

"Come here, little boy, and sit on my lap."

Then, without looking at Slag, she pointed a finger at the barely clothed banger on the vidscreen. Then, without withdrawing her finger, she gave her a thumbs up. The raised finger and thumb looked like the universal handsign for a gun. "I like her look. Let her tailgate," implying that Slag should go get in the doorman's face.

Gull
2017-03-17, 05:12 PM
President Revive Continental (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10coIQxkLB3mXOC7-8OPPXBBYh7q5qePKxCsP_FQXENE/edit?usp=sharing)

Impala. Damn Impala.

Spends all his free time in my hold. Works for me when he wants, needs that income to get the nice things that he likes. But he always keeps impartial. No allegiance to anyone. A free agent.

Which is idiotic. I don't understand it. Why can't he commit to a side? Why doesn't he understand that the world we live in is one that has sides? Why does he get to flit around wherever he likes?

Why isn't he on my side? Why not?

"Impala. Hello," I say as I enter the room, Hawk-Slave in tow. "There's been some sadness. A Dog was killed, dumped from a car. I need to know if it's a car that you recognize from your time on the road."

I let Hawk-Slave describe the car that she saw.

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 07:00 PM
Impala (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wfUrAxGZ-IgJL428HmknVyVTuRjBSJXNgPV2bdb8WsY/edit?usp=sharing)I leave the president to his business, for now. If he needs me, he'll send a dog.
President Continental does just that. Feel free to role play it out.

Mekboy
2017-03-17, 09:38 PM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit?usp=sharing)

"Well, Mister Zeke. President Continental is not much of a fan of filthy little thieves such as yourself. Likes to make examples, you see."

As she talked, she reached into an inside pocket and withdrew a syringe and a small bottle.

"And as it happen so happens, I'm quite good at making examples."

She filled the syringe from the bottle, before flicking it a couple of times. Might as well be professional about this.

"Now..."

She walked around behind him, and stuck the needle into his neck, caressing his head in her other hand.

"Are you sure that that is the whole story? That you're just some poor, hungry gutterscum who is so very unlucky and out of their depth? Or is there perhaps something you're not telling me?"

Tagging him with receptivity drugs (+1 hold with brainer moves.) Then, if it's cool to do both, I'm gonna do a deep brain scan ([roll0]) and read a person ([roll1])

If I can only do the one, I'll just read a person for now.

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 09:45 PM
President Revive Continental (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10coIQxkLB3mXOC7-8OPPXBBYh7q5qePKxCsP_FQXENE/edit?usp=sharing)I let Hawk-Slave describe the car that she saw.Hawk-Slave describes the car; Black sedan, black wheels, grey racing stripe, dark tinted windows, quiet, a bit scraped up but it was dark.

DyerMaker
2017-03-17, 10:29 PM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit?usp=sharing)Tagging him with receptivity drugs (+1 hold with brainer moves.) Then, if it's cool to do both, I'm gonna do a deep brain scan ([roll0]) and read a person ([roll1]) If I can only do the one, I'll just read a person for now.

Zeke exclaims with more expletives when the needle is injected. 5AM has studied Zeke carefully and noticed changes in his voice and expressions.
Reading A Person (roll of 8) Ask one of the following:
• Is your character telling the truth?
• What’s your character really feeling?
• What does your character intend to do?
• What does your character wish I’d do?
• How could I get your character to ___?

(Take 1 XP)

Mekboy
2017-03-17, 10:39 PM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit#)

Is he telling the truth?

EDIT: And while I'm at it, spending one of my Deep Brain Scan hold for 'In what ways are your mind and soul vulnerable'.

arscott
2017-03-19, 02:04 AM
Impala (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wfUrAxGZ-IgJL428HmknVyVTuRjBSJXNgPV2bdb8WsY/edit?usp=sharing)

"I'm sorry, Friend President. I haven't seen that vehicle before, and don't know who drives it. But should I see it on the road, I will bring word to you swiftly."

DyerMaker
2017-03-19, 02:35 PM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit#)
Is he telling the truth?

EDIT: And while I'm at it, spending one of my Deep Brain Scan hold for 'In what ways are your mind and soul vulnerable'.5AM learns that Zeke is not telling the truth. Scanning his brain, you hear Zeke's inner voice; I'm must remain invincible. Emotional control. To let anyone know how I feel about Samara or Hot Box would be devastating.

Mekboy
2017-03-19, 05:36 PM

5am tutted and slipped the syringe back into its pocket.

"Oh, honey. This will go a lot smoother if you don't lie to me. For one thing, Mister Ox-Nose here -" she gestured over Zeke's shoulder at Ox's hulking form. "- won't have to use that crowbar on you."

She stopped for to produce something else from her pocket - smokes and a lighter. She took a moment to light up, letting the situation sink into Zeke.

"You may be thinking that you can work through this. Mind over matter and all that - heh. But let me assure you that Mister Ox-Nose is very thorough. And of course we have my other associate - Miss Yana. She is quite... enthusiastic."

Laying her hands on Zeke shoulders, she brought her mouth close to his ear.

"I would recommend talking. Preferably the truth this time."

I'd like to sucker Zeke. The wording on how to do this seems a little unclear, but he's helpless so I'm pretty sure it counts as this rather than just going aggro.

DyerMaker
2017-03-19, 06:00 PM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit#)"I would recommend talking. Preferably the truth this time."

I'd like to sucker Zeke. The wording on how to do this seems a little unclear, but he's helpless so I'm pretty sure it counts as this rather than just going aggro.Do it. Roll. No stats needed.

Mekboy
2017-03-19, 06:14 PM
[roll0] I need more characters to post so here they are.

Gull
2017-03-20, 08:08 AM

Defeat is bitter. The thwarting of my ambitions, the thwarting of justice, is bitter. As bitter as the taste of burned human flesh still on my tongue, still sharp and acrid with the tang of accelerant.

"Thank you," I say, as I leave.

Impala was my best shot. Grrl Grzzly and her crew of lunatics go through life by instinct- I have few expectations of her when it comes to gathering intelligence. Better to ask a wolf the time- it's immaterial. But still. It's worth a shot.

But before she gets here, though, I have another avenue, though one significantly weirder.

I go to the Saint.

Unlike the other miscreants in this goat-song, I know where the Saint is. She's been with me from way-back, and unlike the other miscreants in this goat-song, she's the only one I trust. No one can lie to her, and she can't lie to me. I know it. I know it.

Unlike the other miscreants in this goat-song, she's on my side.

DyerMaker
2017-03-20, 01:58 PM
PRC leaves Impala's apartment to find 5AM Saint in the U2 level of the compound.
Ape-Cutter, Yuliy and Kirill are on their way to find Grrl Grzzly
Pig-Mother and Viktoria are in the adjacent scraper looking for the peeper.
Goat-Priest and Ivan are constructing a simple pyre for Edik.
Goose-Blood is still on the look for the black sedan.

5AM has a Sucker move to complete on the prisoner Zeke. What exactly do you want to do to, or with Zeke?

Bella has 2 seconds to grab her stuff and exit the scanning area of DRDBM before Ricky exacts some unknown harm upon her.

Grrl Grzzly invites Neon boy over to sit in her lap, which he does. She then directs K2 member Slag to speak with Ricky on Bella's behalf.

Impala has no intel for PRC. It's blackberries and a bath unless The Driver has something else in mind.

What's next for everyone?

Mekboy
2017-03-20, 02:54 PM
I'd like my associates to rough him up a bit until he talks.

DyerMaker
2017-03-20, 04:31 PM
I'd like my associates to rough him up a bit until he talks.
Ox-Nose nods at 5AM in recognition of her request. Yana walks forward as well, running her fingers under Zeke's nose. Zeke shakes his head, then snickers. Yana teases the prisoner by dragging the dull side of her large knife across his forehead and neck. She whispers something to him then cuts his ear left-to-right as Ox-Nose plants the lever-end of the crowbar, two-handed, just above Zeke's sternum. [roll0]

Zeke is dead.

Yana seems surprised. Ox-Nose struggles to remove the crowbar; Damnit. My bad.

arscott
2017-03-21, 06:06 AM
After Continental leaves, I draw my bath. I strip, and sink into the bubbly water, letting the dust of the road and the grime of the city wash away.

If only the worry nagging at my thoughts could wash away as easily. A burned body. An unknown car. An angry and disappointed hardholder. Complications. Entanglements.

Sleep.

The best gigs are the ones that come in before dawn. When the Gangs and Brutes and Soldier Girls are all sleeping off last night's drink or worse. Nobody to underbid your gig. Nobody to run you down and steal your cargo or murder your passengers.

There are men and women and others of means. Who need goods moved. Who need information moved. Who need themselves moved. I go to find one, in the pre-dawn mist.

DyerMaker
2017-03-21, 12:34 PM
Grrl Grzzly (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KBpapP-T4MymGl_SPl4Z0Cc27hdi4ciyG3dHVqLYSSc/edit) - Doc Rubber's Disco Bar Mitzvah "Come here, little boy, and sit on my lap."
"I like her look. Let her tailgate," implying that Slag should go get in the doorman's face.

Neon takes a seat on your lap. His ass is less bony than expected. He purrs.
Slag makes her way into the command center of the Bar, but it took some persuasive moves on her part. She's been gone for a few. The security monitor for the front entrance is in vert-hold, a rapid flipping of the screen. It's uncertain if Bella is on her way in or out for now.

Whatcha do'in in the meantime?

DyerMaker
2017-03-21, 12:48 PM
Ricky comes back over the com. You fck'n b!itch! Really? Trying to sneak a blade! I'm counting to 3 ... your ass better be gone! The screen goes back to white. The static of the intercom goes mute. The lights that warmed your bod go black.
Bella, you're on the clock. What's your move?

Ricky counts it down; 3, 2, 1 ... ZAP!!! Bella is jolted by 2,000 volts of electricity; just enough for her to piss her tight shorts. Ricky gives Bella another warning. Move your ass or I'll up the... Wait... What tha fu... there is a long pause on the com. Your ass just got bailed. Seems the Krewe wants a word. NOW, PUT THAT BLADE in the carrousel!

Once you place the blade in the bin with your weapons, the door to the carrousel closes and the sliding steel and stone doors open to the main entrance. A hot, tall, red-head in white latex with perky tits and exposed, pierced nipples greets you in a lobby-type area of humming neon light. A lil pat-down, baby, and you may partake. She moves to give you the once over. Satisfied. She smiles and waves you in.

What do you do?

Gull
2017-03-21, 03:33 PM

"A bad time?" I ask as Ox-Nose yanks the crowbar from the dead man's chest. What's going on here? Ah. The thief. Right. Oh well, Ox-Nose and Yana can take care of the body- the pigs always got to eat.

"You get anything out of him?" I ask, before joining the Saint and pitching my voice for her only. "Friend Saint, a word," I say. "There's been some unpleasantness. A Dog has been killed and thrown back to us as an insult. I need you to read the winds, see what the World is saying about who did it."

DyerMaker
2017-03-21, 07:19 PM
If only the worry nagging at my thoughts could wash away as easily. A burned body. An unknown car. An angry and disappointed hardholder. Complications. Entanglements.

Sleep.Who can sleep in The City?; with all that's going on and going down? Cool cats like Impala, that's who. The Driver sleeps and dreams of all things shiny and chrome.

Mekboy
2017-03-21, 07:28 PM

5am gritted her teeth, nearly biting through the end of her smoke. She breathed in and out deeply.

"Did I say to f***ing kill him? He could have been useful! Valuable even! The scum was lying!"

Her tirade was interrupted by the President's arrival. She smoothed down her clothing, and turned to him with a bright smile.

"Regrettably nothing important. President Continental. If your associates are dealing with the body, I can deal with your problem. Let's take a walk."

(Assuming President Continental follows)

5am led the President to outside, to the open air of Ütopya. The smells and sounds of the city (never exactly pleasant) filled her senses and it was glorious. And then she opened her other senses, staring out into the maelstrom, trying to follow the threads that bound the world together. Someone tied to the dead dog tied to the president tied to the city. Now just to find where they met.

[roll0] Opening my mind.

DyerMaker
2017-03-21, 08:57 PM
5am Saint (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fhtJxrC7X3momLga88tZNITrv2EPJvgeX4MGDQNDUq8/edit#)...And then she opened her other senses, staring out into the maelstrom, trying to follow the threads that bound the world together. Someone tied to the dead dog tied to the president tied to the city. Now just to find where they met.

[roll0] Opening my mind.Ahhh, opening one's brain to the psychic maelstrom can be quite informative, orgasmic even. It can also be scary as fck and leave you with nightmarish images assailing your mind's eye and crushing, suicidal thoughts.

5AM, when you look into the maelstrom, what does it look and feel like to you?
Focusing on someone tied to the dead dog, tied to the PRC, tied to the city, the psychic maelstrom speaks to you through silhouettes of a biker, hauling ass through the Grippa ruins. The blurred image of a three-eyed frog asks you for a cup of noodles. White feathers fall from the sky followed by blood-red rain. A bald child, frail and pale pokes you with a stick. The silhouette of the biker once again flashes by. Fade to black and you're back.

Mekboy
2017-03-21, 10:02 PM

The maelstrom is a mess of memories all mashed together. Yours, those of people nearby, those of people who've been near here, died here, had something important happen to them here. There's crowds of half-remembered faces, buildings cobbled together many different real ones, rooms with scenes from people's lives. Occasionally they're memories that haven't happened yet or won't happen or maybe happened in another life.

For 5am it tends to be even more messed up than for most - a brain particularly sensitive to the maelstrom and a variety of mind-altering substances makes the maelstrom even more vivid and absurd.

5am staggered a little as it hit her. Utterly divine. She bathed in the visions, letting them flow over her. And as soon as it had come, it stopped. Panting, she turned to the President, a manic grin plastered across her face.

"They're still in Grippa. A biker. I would recognize them. And feathers and blood and children and noodles. Probably means nothing. Can't be sure though."

DyerMaker
2017-03-21, 10:39 PM
Pig-Mother and Viktoria return from the adjacent scraper. They were looking for the peeper. Pig-Mother seems a bit winded; Friend President, sir, there's something, maybe someone living up there but we couldn't find it, or them, or whatever. A few dogs, rats, whoever it is, or what, its carnivore. Viktoria chimes in; Want us to burn it down; maybe a bit of demo?

PRC, Any thoughts on this subject?

Gull
2017-03-22, 05:13 PM

When the Saint talks to the World, I don't know what to think. I never do. She says that anyone can do it, but I don't know.

"I don't understand. I'm looking for a biker? But I was looking for a car."

I pause. Arguing with messages from the World. Who do I think I am?

i'm the damn president that's who i think i am

"Fine. If you can recognize who I'm looking for, I need you to crew up with a squad of Dogs. Take two of the battle trucks. Sweep Grippa. Find whoever you're looking for. I'd come with you but I've already sent for Grrl Grzzly to come meet me here."

Sending a small gang worth of Dogs (10?) with Saint, provided she agrees.

Mekboy
2017-03-22, 08:26 PM
5am shrugged.

"I see what I see, Mr. President. I'll get on it. Perhaps you should mention to Miss Grzzly? She's the only biker leader operating in Grippa, is she not?"

She turned to leave, flagging down a handful of dogs to assist her.

"Send Miss Grzzly my compliments, Friend President."

So, yeah, sweeping the city. Read a sitch? [roll0] if so.

DyerMaker
2017-03-22, 10:25 PM
Grrl Grzzly (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KBpapP-T4MymGl_SPl4Z0Cc27hdi4ciyG3dHVqLYSSc/edit) - Doc Rubber's Disco Bar Mitzvah"Come here, little boy, and sit on my lap.""I like her look. Let her tailgate," implying that Slag should go get in the doorman's face.

Neon takes a seat on your lap. His ass is less bony than expected. He purrs.
Slag makes her way into the command center of the Bar, but it took some persuasive moves on her part. She's been gone for a few. The security monitor for the front entrance is in vert-hold, a rapid flipping of the screen. It's uncertain if Bella is on her way in or out for now.

In that moment, GG notices a couple of Continental's Dogs walk in. They spot you and head your way.

Grrl Grzzly, what's your move?

DyerMaker
2017-03-22, 11:18 PM
5am shrugged. So, yeah, sweeping the city. Read a sitch? [roll0] if so.We're not ready for a roll just yet, but we'll hold that 10 if you do Read A Sitch upcoming. This will be more of an ongoing conversation for a bit.

5AM, How do you, leading the Dogs, Sweep The City?
You've seen the map, do you go in a certain direction?
Is this a broad, motorway-to-motorway sweep or a specific, tactical, block-by-block sweep?

DyerMaker
2017-03-24, 11:58 AM
The best gigs are the ones that come in before dawn. When the Gangs and Brutes and Soldier Girls are all sleeping off last night's drink or worse. Nobody to underbid your gig. Nobody to run you down and steal your cargo or murder your passengers.

There are men and women and others of means. Who need goods moved. Who need information moved. Who need themselves moved. I go to find one, in the pre-dawn mist.

Impala, baby. What wakes you in the pre dawn?

Mekboy
2017-03-24, 05:31 PM
For sweeping the city, I'd like to start near the sweet leaf border and sweep around from there. Gonna go fair detailed with this one, don't want to miss anything important.

arscott
2017-03-25, 01:20 AM
Impala, baby. What wakes you in the pre dawn?

If you asked me, I'd just say instinct.

But that's not the truth. Truth is, the Maelstrom has tides, like the sea. When the City is active, so is the Maelstrom. When the city sleeps, so does the Maelstrom. When the City dreams, so does the Maelstrom. An when the night shift hits the sack, that Changes the Maelstrom in a way that I've learned to sense, in some subconcious way. I sense. I awake. I arise.

DyerMaker
2017-03-25, 09:07 PM
5AM, you and the Dogs start your sweep of Grippa toward the north, near the border of Sweat Leaf. It's block-by-block. Time consuming. Effective. Five bikes are parked just inside of a fairly intact, 2-story, brick building. The garage-type door is open. Fire-like light flickers within.

Saint, what's up, babe?

Impala, you're up and facing another day. You hear a loud bike roll into Ütopya. You've heard it many times. It's Goose-Blood. A Dog.

Driver, what do you do? Straight for a Gig or something else?

Doc C, there's a skinny b!tch on your table. She's out cold. A stab wound oozes blood from the liver area. Right side. Last rib. You found her minutes ago after she rolled up in a rat-rod pickup.

Doc C, Who is this bony beauty? Who is she to you? What do you do?

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-25, 10:43 PM
Doc C, there's a skinny b!tch on your table. She's out cold. A stab wound oozes blood from the liver area. Right side. Last rib. You found her minutes ago after she rolled up in a rat-rod pickup.

Doc C, Who is this bony beauty? Who is she to you? What do you do?

She's a rookie, a wannabe gunnlugger with not enough sense to keep her above ground. She helped me out of a tough spot a while back though, scared off some gangers while I worked on a patient inside the infirmary. Since then we've had an unspoken "You watch my back, I'll watch yours" kind of thing. Not a bad kid, just usually in over her head.

I'll do my best to patch her up, using any of my stock if necessary.

arscott
2017-03-26, 02:49 AM
Impala

Prez Revive. Did you or yours mention that Goose-Blood was chasing our mystery car when you were at my place? If so, I linger and see what he does, at least for a bit. Figuring out what's up with this stranger is worth letting another professional nab the best gig while I settle for sloppy seconds.

But I won't dawdle too long. Can't let some hung-over biker grab the leftovers too, at least not if I wanna keep food on the plate.

If I don't know Goose-Blood might have the news, then it's straight to the slickest gig I can get.

Mekboy
2017-03-26, 02:43 PM

5am glared out at Grippa, bored. And this night had started so promising... But then again, the President trusted her, and it was better he stayed trusting her. The closer she stayed to him, the better she could read the spider's web of intrigue and violence that controlled the city. Her train of thought was interrupted when the dog next to her muttered her name and pointed out a building.

As the truck pulled up outside the building, 5am shoved the vehicle door open and leaped down. She sauntered over to the open garage door, lighting another smoke as she did so. Time to see if this led anywhere.

DyerMaker
2017-03-26, 03:01 PM
Goose-Blood seeks out Pres Continental; Friend President, I followed the black sedan, grey stripe to the east, to the edge of the Grippa Burbs and then north toward Sweat Leaf. Cut off by MGs. Took one in the leg, one in the guzzle tank of my bike. Limped back.

Aite, PRC, you now have intel on the adjacent scraper peeper and the black sedan. What's your move?

Impala. You drop eaves on Goose-Blood reporting in to PRC. What's your poison, baby?

Doc C.. The rookie is bleeding out. Roll+Stock used to stabilize or let her drift to the finish line. It's your call.

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-26, 03:25 PM
Sh!t. I'll pull out 3 stock and set to work. If I succeed, I'll definitely take the option to recover a stock.

[roll0]

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-26, 03:27 PM
(Edit 2: Rolling didn't show up on mobile. Using the "full site" option fixed it. Sorry for double post!)

Alright, that's pretty good. She should hopefully be fine after that stitchwork.

Gull
2017-03-26, 03:53 PM

I put a hand on Goose-Blood's shoulder. Real inspiring stuff. Manly, but sensitive too. President stuff, you know?

"Good man. We'll talk on it more, but for now, go see Doctor C, get patched up. Tell him I said to spare no expense, you hear?"

The car went to Sweet Leaf. Quelle friggin' surprise. Which means we'll never see it again. Could be a feint though, convincing me to war on Sweet Leaf, get out of hand, expending maximum rock and roll. Hunh. Could grab some of Queen Sihl's boys, return the favour...but a sortie into Sweet Leaf is what they're expecting now, if it's them that's behind it. They know my man followed them.

"Yuliy, I want you on whoever's been camping out in that scraper. Track them down. Alive. I want to talk to them," I say, but my mind's still on what I was thinking about before.

Another question. How did someone grab Edik? I didn't send any Dogs into Sweet Leaf.

"Tikhon. You and Edik were close. What was he doing, where was he when they would have grabbed him? Why was he alone? How did whoever this is get the drop on him?"

DyerMaker
2017-03-26, 07:11 PM
Sh!t. I'll pull out 3 stock and set to work. If I succeed, I'll definitely take the option to recover a stock.

[roll0]Doc C, your hands are steady and you work well in the crunch. You're able to stitch up the rookie, inside and out. The skinny b!tch will recover just fine. (You mentioned: Recover 1 of the stock you spent, if you spent any)

Just as you're washing up, one of PRC's Dogs limps in. GSW to the leg. It's not bleeding bad, but this is not something to take lightly. This is a Dog. Roll Under Fire (Earn 1 XP)

You have two nurses/crew in your Infirmary, who are they and what's the connection to you?

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-26, 10:35 PM
"Doc" Charlie (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#)

"Oh boy, what got a hold of you?" he asks, inspecting the wound. He didn't really care for an answer, but some answers are funny enough to laugh about over some drinks.

"Up on the table, pants off. I need to be able to get to it."

[roll0]

Jess and Dez are two nurses in my infirmary. They both have some medical knowledge, and I figured it would do more good to have somewhere they could work, somewhere relatively clean instead of patching people up on the streets. Jess is fairly young, mid 20's. Fair skinned with brown hair pulled back in a ponytail with a rubber band or whatever is at hand. She learned her medicine skills from her mother. A bit sheltered, too innocent in a world like this. I met her when she brought her brother to me for treatment. Poor bastard was nearly ripped to pieces. There was basic first aid applied, compression pads, some sutures, but there were so many wounds. I did all I could, but I couldn't save him. His cruise to the finish line was a little more comfortable though. More than most can say. She didn't say a word to me for days. I let it go, it's happened before, but a few days later she showed back up at my door, demanding (yes, demanding) that I teach her. She would not take no for an answer. Eventually, I begrudgingly took her on. She can get frustrated easily, but she's learning fast. Shows great promise.

Dez, late 20's with a dark complexion, came from a small time gang, the Reavers, that got torn a new one a while back. Most of the gang is dead, the few survivors either found a different gang to ride with or found something else to do. Dez learned a thing or two from one of the Reavers' Angels, and decided to turn over a new leaf. I met him patching up someone from a nasty wound. Looked like someone went at the guy with a bat wrapped with barbed wire. Not a bad suture job, and from his expression you could tell he had a hard focus. He's a bit rough around the edges, but takes his medicine seriously. Any given night, you have a 50/50 shot of finding him either getting his drink on and causing a ruckus, or studying old medicine books until the break of day.

DyerMaker
2017-03-26, 10:44 PM
5AM, sauntering over to the open garage door and lighting a smoke, you hear a hammered bass line (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz5_AqPeeWk) coming from the second level. The bikes are somewhat aligned on the rough, concrete floor. The flickering light comes from a burning barrel in the back where other vehicles are located.

What's your move Saint?

President Continental, Goose-Blood heads to the Infirmary. Yuliy nods and takes leave.
Tikhon addresses your questions; Friend President, I was fairly close to Edik. I mean, we hung out now and then. I haven't seen him in a couple of days. He was kinda a loner but he did have this chick out in Little Crawl. Dana or Diane or Deedee or whatever. She drove an orange jeep. Did gigs for some family out there.

Whatcha do next PRC?

DyerMaker
2017-03-26, 11:11 PM
Doc C., Goose-Blood ignores your questions for the moment. He's not in any mood to chitchat. The bullet wound is deep in his thigh. There's arteries and sh!t nearby and your anesthetic isn't working on a rough-riding Dog like GB. The Goose grabs Jess by the throat with a meathook that could easily crush a larynx. You can punch a Dog, one of PRC's most loyal, save Jess and suffer the consequences OR you can let Goose choke the life out of your cohort while you finish removing the bullet. Either way, the bullet comes out and Goose-Blood will recover in a week's time.

Doc, what's your poison?

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-26, 11:28 PM
"Doc" Charlie (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#) is going to pull out his 9mm pistol on the Dog. He's probably bigger, meaner, and nastier, but he's not going to do that to my nurse.

"Either let her go, or you're going to have a few more bullets in you. And I know -exactly- where to put them. You won't be able to hobble out of here before you bleed out."

arscott
2017-03-27, 04:44 AM

Impala. You drop eaves on Goose-Blood reporting in to PRC. What's your poison, baby?

Sounds like the car went to Sweet Leaf, or other places northward. I'll head back to market, looking for a gig that would see me driving in that direction.

DyerMaker
2017-03-27, 11:41 AM
Doc C., holding that 9 on Goose is bold. The Dog releases Jess. More morphine you fcking cunny!, is Goose-Blood's response. In the end, the surgery was a success and Goose is on a corner gurney sleeping like a baby bird.
What's your next move Doc?
And, what's your lifestyle? Spend 1 Barter for normalcy or 2 for the extra extra jazz life has to offer.

Impala is looking for a gig. In Ütopya, your first stop is PRC. If the boss has nothing going you then have your choice of Doc Charlie, Pig-Mother (one of PRC's top dogs), or the one-and-only, Jenny Legs. Jenny is a market merchant that will barter for the good stuff.
It's almost daylight, baby, who-to-see?

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-27, 04:55 PM
Doc C (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#), after making sure Jess is unhurt, will send her on home for the day and head out to try to talk to President Revive Continental. His intentions are to possibly work out a deal to be supplied with medical stock in exchange for Angel services, or some other kind of gig.

Just a normal lifestyle will do for now, spending 1-barter.

DyerMaker
2017-03-27, 05:32 PM
Hey Doc,
PRC isn't hard to find. Feel free to have open dialog IC with him or any other PC you're in proximity to.

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-27, 05:53 PM
Oh!

"President Continental, I wanted to talk to you. My supplies are dwindling somewhat, and if I'm to continue providing medical services, I'm going to need a supplier or patron. What can we work out for a steady flow of stock from you?"

arscott
2017-03-29, 05:15 AM
Impala is looking for a gig. In Ütopya, your first stop is PRC. If the boss has nothing going you then have your choice of Doc Charlie, Pig-Mother (one of PRC's top dogs), or the one-and-only, Jenny Legs. Jenny is a market merchant that will barter for the good stuff.
It's almost daylight, baby, who-to-see?

It seems like continental is in the center of business fierce and murdery--and I'd much prefer to be at the edge of business fierce and murdery when I can help it. I won't say no if he comes to find me--that'd be all sorts of stupid--but I won't go looking for him. I'm hoping Jenny legs has a fun run for me.

Gull
2017-03-29, 07:39 PM

The Doctor. Always looking for more. But I guess that's how these things work, there's never enough for everyone in this world. Maybe some day I can make a world where that's not the case, but for now, I got to deal with what I got here.

"Friend Doctor. I've got more than a bit on my hands at the moment. But for such a staple of the community, I'm sure I can make some time. I wasn't aware that you were looking for a more...formal arrangement with Ütopya."

Tie the Doc and his place in tighter with the hold? That's a president move.

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-30, 01:07 AM
Doc Charlie (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#heading=h.y060fk27ixb4)

"Well, if I'm to continue my practice, especially the wounds that your people come to me with, I'm going to need supplies. Sutures, splints, antiseptic, morphine. I'm sure there's something we could work out, perhaps being primary care for your forces, or a combat medic if you need a job done. Also, while we're on the topic of your people, I had an issue come up that I was hoping you could address. One of yours came in not too long ago with a bullet in his leg. While I was working with him, he assaulted one of my nurses. Now I have no problem treating your people, but this kind of thing will not be tolerated. Could you have a word with them, possibly inform them that attacking the ones taking care of their wounds might not be in their best interests? I'd rather keep my nurses healing and not the ones on the table."

Gull
2017-03-30, 04:08 PM

I blink.

Then I look around, and see if anyone else had heard this conversation. No one, thankfully. That's good.

"Friend Doctor," I say, careful to keep my voice even and pitched to carry only to his ears, "I would suggest that you leave it to me to decide what is and is not tolerated in the walls of my hold. I am well aware that my Dogs are animals. But they are animals on a leash. My leash. They are not domesticated and they are not housetrained. What they are, are warriors. Killers. Violent men and women who kill our enemies and keep us safe. You safe. Your clinic, filled with all the kinds of things that the people out there," and here I sweep my arm, indicating the darkness outside the walls of Ütopya, "would gladly burn you alive to get. Safe. I will find a supplier for you, because that ties you to this hold and makes us complicit in building civilization, a future outside of the savagery that is boiling over from the other boroughs. But if you come to me again, telling me how to discipline my Dogs, in a place where people can hear you do it? My hand will be forced. You understand?"

Mekboy
2017-03-30, 04:30 PM

5am hummed along to the thrumming rhythmn. No-one to keep guard out front? Presumably they weren't expecting visitors. Exquisite. She did love to make an entrance. She gave the back of the room a once over, just to make sure, before heading upstairs (assuming she doesn't find anyone/thing interesting down here).

Clumsyninja23
2017-03-30, 09:10 PM
Doc C (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#heading=h.y060fk27ixb4), raises his hands, showing his palms, also lowering his voice.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your city. You're the one in power, and for a reason. I'm just pointing out that it may be easier to keep your men in fighting order if those providing medical attention stay in one piece. You know what you're doing; I'm just bringing things to your attention. No disrespect intended. I'm just trying to look out for my own, and I'm sure you're very familiar with that.

Please, let me know when you find a supplier for me, and what we can work out. In the meantime, I'm going to get some rest, it's been a long night. Is there anything else before I go?" he says, asking for his leave.

Gull
2017-03-31, 08:11 PM
My anger breaks. It happens. I'm under a lot of stress these days. I'd like to see you do so well. It's been a difficult night.

"It's been a difficult night."

Need drugs and whatnots for the Doc. Having his setup in Ütopya acts towards securing civilization here. When did I start sweating so much? Was it in the last year? Forget it, it's not important. Bikers have drugs. Damn if I'm dealing with K2 though, Grrl Grzzly should be here by now. Either my Dogs haven't found her, or she's messing me around. Either way, I'm through waiting for her. She wants to play games with me, she's welcome to test her strength against mine. Her army's got nothing on mine.

All this sweat. I'm sure I wasn't like this, not a few years ago.

That crew out in Little Crawl. A trade relationship. Those scum always have their fingers in pies, and they're interested in working with Ütopya. Might as well pay them a visit. Maybe visit Edik's girl on the way.

"That's all. I have a line on some drugs and sundries for you. I'll send for you when it's set." Hand on shoulder. Fences mended. "Sleep well, Friend Doctor."

Step out, Dogs scurry to attend.

"We're going to Little Crawl. Gather a crew.
Get some trucks. Any problems, radio."

Heading to Little Crawl, stopping in first to see Edik's squeeze, then to visit my pet biker gang. Taking a medium gang worth of Dogs with me.

DyerMaker
2017-03-31, 10:58 PM
Kinbaku Shibari. The sun rises on a new day and Sayaka has plenty on her plate. One of President Continental's Dogs overstayed his welcome last night. He's handcuffed to one of your best girls and she's cut pretty bad. She'll live, but only the sick fcks are gonna want to poke her after this ride. Savage.

What's your move, babe?

Impala runs up on the always pleasant, Jenny Legs. She's got new ink (What is it and where?). Jenny's got a gig for The Driver, something personal, a small container, just large enough to hold a cat—for reference only. I hope to fck it's not a cat! Jenny speaks through a bright smile. She smells like lavender. You're going to the far side of Little Crawl, near the Burbs there. Jenny hands you part of an egg carton with a scribbled address. It's a haul, but the job is +1 Barter to your normal rate of 3. Jenny bats those long lashes above her jade green eyes. Heaven.

What's next for Impala?

Doc C and PRC chat it up. Enough said.

What's up, Doc?

5AM checks out the garage. In the back, a black sedan with a grey racing stripe. 5AM turns to head upstairs. She hears a snap, then a clicking noise that crescendo's with each second. Roll Act Under Fire and pray for nice dice.

PRC is juggling kittens and chainsaws. That's what being Hard is all about; setting up dominos like a tower one day and in a row to fall the next. PRC and his Dogs hit the location where Edik's girl was last seen. It's a U-shaped trailer park at the northern border or Grippa/Little Crawl. There are various cars, trucks and bikes parked around and some out-building with a skinned deer hanging in the doorway. PRC notices one guy with an SMG on lookout. The sun rises in hues of orange and purple.

What's next for the Boss?

Therumancer
2017-04-01, 01:27 AM
Kinbaku Shibari. The sun rises on a new day and Sayaka has plenty on her plate. One of President Continental's Dogs overstayed his welcome last night. He's handcuffed to one of your best girls and she's cut pretty bad. She'll live, but only the sick fcks are gonna want to poke her after this ride. Savage.

What's your move, babe?

[/B]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OnwIIgCZKEeyiySbGxv1QSecyL4NDl9SaL3rnIZFlWY/edit?usp=sharing

Sayaka quietly approaches the dog with some of her security and says "It appears you've gone a little too far and harmed one of my girls, the only reason I'm not going to have your scrotum flayed right now is out of respect for President Continental. Instead I'm going to let you make amends. " Sayaka tosses a handcuff key to the girl so she can free herself "You will give me everything you brought with you right now to cover the damage to my worker. Before you threaten me understand that your outside the walls of Utopia and I can simply make you disappear. Not that I have to, because my clientele includes some of your leadership like 5AMsaint and I doubt they would take kindly to your behavior in my establishment."

If he needs evidence of his dire situation Sayaka will snap her fingers and her security will pose aggressively.

Clumsyninja23
2017-04-01, 02:37 AM
Doc C (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#heading=h.y060fk27ixb4) starts to head back to his place, but stops about half way back. The infirmary has kept him busy, and barter is running low. Need a gig. He runs through the people he knows. The President seems a bit stressed at the moment, maybe best to leave him alone to himself for now. Impala's a good guy, he might cut me into something if he had it. Not exactly easy to find a driver though, not sticking around one place is kind of their thing. Maybe Miss Sayaka has something. Wonder if there's any big fights going on soon. Even if not, just a few minutes talking to Miss Sayaka might be worth the trip.

With that, Doc C is going to turn on his heel and head towards Kinbaku Shibari.

arscott
2017-04-01, 03:08 PM

Impala runs up on the always pleasant, Jenny Legs. She's got new ink (What is it and where?). Jenny's got a gig for The Driver, something personal, a small container, just large enough to hold a cat—for reference only. I hope to fck it's not a cat! Jenny speaks through a bright smile. She smells like lavender. You're going to the far side of Little Crawl, near the Burbs there. Jenny hands you part of an egg carton with a scribbled address. It's a haul, but the job is +1 Barter to your normal rate of 3. Jenny bats those long lashes above her jade green eyes. Heaven.

What's next for Impala?[/B]

Tattoo is on her scalp. A section of her hair is shaved away so the artist could do their work. An intricate series of concentric circles made of teeth. She says this one will chew up the visions before they get into her brain--better than the last one, which was only supposed to block them out.

And yeah, of course I'll take the gig. Can't say no to someone as charming and as willing to pay as Jenny!

---

I go back to the car and pull out a map of the city--the paper is yellowing, and it's covered with years worth of notes and annotations in many different hands. I stare at the map, my eyes tracing along the lines of road that crisscross the city I call home--staring at the lines of writing that define a mindspace of all the people who ever owned this map, and of their collective wisdom. I want a route--a good route that will take me where I need to go, and will not lead me into any danger that I can't outrun.

opening my brain: [roll0]

Mekboy
2017-04-01, 07:34 PM

With a decidedly undignified yelp, 5am spun around and fumbled a knife into her hand.

Act under fire [roll0]

Gull
2017-04-02, 08:42 AM

Well, no one's shooting. That's nice. Of course, they know who we are. Dog outfits are pretty distinctive, and we're flying the Ü.

Someone once pointed out to me that it looks like a smiling face. It's been driving me crazy since.

"Tikhon," I say, "Find me that girl, Dee Dee or whoever. Tell her I want to talk to her, no problems, no mess, just looking for justice for Edik. Don't bust any heads."

DyerMaker
2017-04-04, 12:26 PM
Sayaka's no stranger to The Dogs of Ütopya. Afterall, Dogs will be Dogs. She gives this Dog the bark. He coughs up the blade and agrees to scamper, but this twisted soul is too calm, he's holding cards you haven't seen. He want's your word that this...lapse in judgement, doesn't make it back to PRC. What's Sayaka's next move?

Doc C leaves the hospitable confines of the Infirmary for Kinbaku Shibari and a way to up his clout. The lady Sayaka is busy at the moment, but take a seat or have someone sit on you, and she'll be right with ya. You know the drill, Doc. Start talk'n. If you want to make a specific move, Seduce or Manipulate perhaps, Roll.

Impala takes the gig. Rightly so. Plus one. My man Opens His Brain to look for the best route. Huh. The Maelstrom can be...different for everyone and...well, there are no rainbows, unicorns, or glitter in this moment. It's darkness, baby. An electrolarynx buzzes and coughs as visions of death and decay swirl in Impala's mind. This voice of monotone tweeter speaks to The Driver; Hey, you...yeh you...got any smokes on ya? Hahaha. Seriously, do you smoke?

DyerMaker
2017-04-04, 12:49 PM
5AM is faster than she looks. But sometimes, like this time, physics just fck you no matter what. The slightest hesitation...damn. That little sound she heard? A trap. Flame bursts from two nozzles attached to to the side wall near the stairs. At first glance, its just plumbing. But, there's a three-letter word you love to hate. But, stepping on the tripwire and it's Dixie Style to an Ocean Wave. 5AM, you can move up the stairs, taking 1 harm with your clothing ablaze OR you can hit the deck at ground level in this garage and take 2 harm to bare skin. 5AM, what do you do?

Tikhon nods like a good Dog should, and proceeds to a trailer that he thinks is the place. It's not. Tikhon is backing down the steps and away as a 5'6" 280lb woman in a baby blue robe follows with a black baseball bat. That's a relic. No one has played baseball in decades. What's worse, you ask? She's raising hell and waking up the inhabitants at this daybreaking hour. That guard on duty. He's pissed. PRC, Act Under Fire or let it play?

Mekboy
2017-04-04, 08:19 PM

Acting on instincts, 5am hurled herself towards the stairs. Safer from the flames there. Her face contorted into a rictus grin as she felt the heat scorch her. Focus on the pain. It keeps you alive. She frantically stripped off the suit jacket and tried to pat down the rest of the fire, hoping the thin gloves would protect her hands. Those bastards were going to pay for this.

[roll0] rolling for damage bad thing.

Therumancer
2017-04-04, 09:03 PM
Sayaka's no stranger to The Dogs of Ütopya. Afterall, Dogs will be Dogs. She gives this Dog the bark. He coughs up the blade and agrees to scamper, but this twisted soul is too calm, he's holding cards you haven't seen. He want's your word that this...lapse in judgement, doesn't make it back to PRC. What's Sayaka's next move?

[]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OnwIIgCZKEeyiySbGxv1QSecyL4NDl9SaL3rnIZFlWY/edit?usp=sharing

"I don't think you understood me, everything you brought with you is now mine to cover your damages"

Sayaka plans to keep his gun (which he presumably checked at the entrance) and anything else of value he might have brought, even the president's script. Sayaka plans to trade it for medical supplies and perhaps break even on this.

" Feel very lucky I'm letting you keep the clothes on your back, I'm tempted to have my men strip you and have you run back to Utopia naked. You should be far less concerned about the president than you should be concerned with what I'm going to do with you over the next few seconds"

Maybe that will make it more clear what he thinks he has up his sleeve.

Are there any more dogs present in Kinbaku Shibari right now?

arscott
2017-04-05, 01:24 AM

Impala takes the gig. Rightly so. Plus one. My man Opens His Brain to look for the best route. Huh. The Maelstrom can be...different for everyone and...well, there are no rainbows, unicorns, or glitter in this moment. It's darkness, baby. An electrolarynx buzzes and coughs as visions of death and decay swirl in Impala's mind. This voice of monotone tweeter speaks to The Driver; Hey, you...yeh you...got any smokes on ya? Hahaha. Seriously, do you smoke?
"I don't smoke" an instinctive and half-true answer. I used to smoke, when I rode with the Krowes. I quit both at the same time. But if you get me hanging out with my old friends or my old F**kbuddies, I'll start to smoke like a chimney again.

Gull
2017-04-05, 04:32 PM

What fresh hell.

I roll out to support Tikhon, and a the Dogs roll out with me. I keep my hands in my pockets, relaxing all cool, but the gun's in the pocket, and I don't mind putting more holes in my coat if I got to.

"What's the problem?" I ask.

[roll0]

DyerMaker
2017-04-11, 09:49 PM
5AM moves up the stairs, avoiding the bulk of the flame. Upstairs, on the next floor, a pushing of chairs, a rambling. Then, silence, only broken by a few steps and the clicking of bullet clips slamming home and hammers ready for firing.
What's your move?

Impala answers the electrolarynx within the maelstrom. If you don't smoke, *cough*, what are your qualifications?

Doc C and Sayaka talk it out. What have you decided?

PRC makes his presence known. The woman taking swings at Tikhon, she's not showing any let-up. The guard on duty moves around toward the pair, his SMG ready to go. Then, he notices PRC and The Dogs. His eyes go wide; What tha Fck? The door opens on an adjacent mobile home. A big guy emerges. He's bald, wearing tightie whites, and wielding a shotgun. He looks mean. Who's making all this noise, gaddamnit! Lights start popping on in trailer after trailer. You can focus on the guard, Help Tikhon, or move on Mr. Whitey?
What'll it be, PRC?

Therumancer
2017-04-12, 12:26 AM

Sayaka comes back downstairs with her security to see the dog out, and look to see if there is an Angel around when she spots Doc Charlie.

"Doctor Charlie, it's good to see you, I have a girl who was just cut up by one of President Continental's dogs. I can trade you this knife and whatever else he came in with in exchange for your services in getting her patched up. If you can restore some of her looks so much the better, otherwise her figure survived and I can have her work in a gimp suit"

Clumsyninja23
2017-04-12, 01:41 AM
Doc Charlie (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#heading=h.y060fk27ixb4) gets up from his seat and joins Miss Sayaka.

"I'll see what I can do. I had a run in with one of the Dogs myself earlier, Goose I think his name was. Got a hold of one of my nurses with that hook of his. Wasn't a pleasant exchange. Is it just me, or do they seem more... volatile than normal? I wonder if there's something going on."

Doc C will inspect the girl and pull out his supplies. He murmurs to himself as he prepares for his work, making notes outloud about the width of the cuts, the depth, any scarring that might take place, and then sets to work.

While he's working, he decides to ask Miss Sayaka about anything she's heard about potential gigs.

"Medical stock is running low, and I'm worried about being able to continue taking care of people at the rate I'm going. You haven't heard of anyone looking for Angel work to be done in exchange for supplies or barter, have you?"

Doc C is going to use 1 stock for this, just enough anesthetics and antiseptic to make it bearable and hopefully avoid infection.

[roll0]

arscott
2017-04-12, 06:49 AM
Impala answers the electrolarynx within the maelstrom. If you don't smoke, *cough*, what are your qualifications?

"Qualifications? What does that even mean?" I shout into the maelstrom, while desperately trying to close my brain off.

Therumancer
2017-04-12, 08:41 PM
Doc Charlie (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#heading=h.y060fk27ixb4) gets up from his seat and joins Miss Sayaka.

"I'll see what I can do. I had a run in with one of the Dogs myself earlier, Goose I think his name was. Got a hold of one of my nurses with that hook of his. Wasn't a pleasant exchange. Is it just me, or do they seem more... volatile than normal? I wonder if there's something going on."

Doc C will inspect the girl and pull out his supplies. He murmurs to himself as he prepares for his work, making notes outloud about the width of the cuts, the depth, any scarring that might take place, and then sets to work.

While he's working, he decides to ask Miss Sayaka about anything she's heard about potential gigs.

"Medical stock is running low, and I'm worried about being able to continue taking care of people at the rate I'm going. You haven't heard of anyone looking for Angel work to be done in exchange for supplies or barter, have you?"

Doc C is going to use 1 stock for this, just enough anesthetics and antiseptic to make it bearable and hopefully avoid infection.

[roll0]

"Yes, the dogs are getting worse. Normally my own security can keep them in line, but this was beyond the pale. I was tempted to have the guy killed as an example, but I didn't want that kind of bad blood. I'll talk to The President next time he stops by, but I don't expect a whole lot. Any way you look at it, we're better off with him and his dogs... including the occasional problems they cause, than we would be without them. Excepting an occasional incident things around here can be *almost* civilized."

When asked about gigs Sayaka thinks for a second and says

"Let me see what I can find out, sometimes these things can have a cost attached to them but I might find something for you" She turns to one of her people and whispers a few things:

Uses of "Fingers In Every Pie"

Attempt 1: Come up with medical supplies for Doc Charlie (directly)

[roll0]

Attempt 2: Find gigs for Doc Charlie

[roll1]

-

"Sorry, my people tried hard but I couldn't dig anything up for you. Come back later and I'll put some more feelers out. Until then take the stuff I took from that Dog and feel free to enjoy a meal and a session with a sexual partner of your preference. Later you might check and see if Doc Rubber has anything"

OOC-> This going by the ability usage description a 7-9 means her people try hard but can't find anything. She needed a 10+ or to "fail" the roll. Our MC might choose to amend this if there were situational modifiers though. It's his call as to when she can try again.

Mekboy
2017-04-13, 07:52 AM
Snarling, 5am glared at the thugs arrayed before her. "Alright then, *******s, weapons on the floor."

Her mind reached through the maelstrom and wrapped ghostly fingers around theirs.

Gonna use that read a sitch now. What enemy is the biggest threat, what should I be on the lookout for, which enemy is most vulnerable to me. Also going aggro with my brain [roll0].

DyerMaker
2017-04-16, 04:20 PM
Sayaka comes down stairs with the Dog's knife and 2 barter. Doc Charlie is posted up. He's in line to help. Doc C gets to work on Sayaka's girl. The Doc does good work. It's not perfect, but the scars will heal and she'll be able to work. Still, there's some permanency to this incident. Sayaka's people are on the hunt for gigs the Doc could handle. The streets are dry at the moment. No pies to finger. Doc will have to look elsewhere. Meanwhile, a biker walks in looking for Sayaka. This guy is bulky, big for a biker. He's an old flame back in The City. Who is he and how long has he been gone?
Doc, what's your next move?

Impala's mind is clouded, filled with smoke and the electrolarynx that continues to question him in a serious nonsensical questions. Imapala wakes in the trunk of his car, lid up. Daylight. A small lizard is perched on the brake light. What's your move?

DyerMaker
2017-04-16, 05:45 PM
5AM rolls upstairs, staring down four-of-a-kind loaded for bear. The big threat is the purple mohawked chick wearing a chainmail top, frilly pink panties, and combat boots to match her hair color. This b*tch is holding a street howitzer shelled with 5AM written on them. Saint is backed by Dogs, but she's left them hang'n in the street. Nobody is slinging lead just yet, which is a good thing, but it looks imminent. Roll + Cool to Act Under Fire

arscott
2017-04-16, 11:48 PM
Impala's mind is clouded, filled with smoke and the electrolarynx that continues to question him in a serious nonsensical questions. Imapala wakes in the trunk of his car, lid up. Daylight. A small lizard is perched on the brake light. What's your move?

"Sh!t" I stare at the Lizard. Last time this happened I don't remember there being a Lizard. Then again, last time this happened I also woke up without pants. Doesn't seem to be a problem this time.

I get out of the trunk, brush myself off, and take in my surroundings. Where the f*** am I? and more importantly, where the f*** is Jenny's box?

Therumancer
2017-04-17, 12:27 AM
Sayaka comes down stairs with the Dog's knife and 2 barter. Doc Charlie is posted up. He's in line to help. Doc C gets to work on Sayaka's girl. The Doc does good work. It's not perfect, but the scars will heal and she'll be able to work. Still, there's some permanency to this incident. Sayaka's people are on the hunt for gigs the Doc could handle. The streets are dry at the moment. No pies to finger. Doc will have to look elsewhere. Meanwhile, a biker walks in looking for Sayaka. This guy is bulky, big for a biker. He's an old flame back in The City. Who is he and how long has he been gone?
Doc, what's your next move?

As good as her word Sayaka gives the 2 barter and the knife to Doc Charlie (he should have come out ahead the equivalent of 1 barter on the deal) Sayaka will then tell her girl to get some rest.

"Thank you doctor that is fine work, some of my customers might dig the scars, but as I said earlier there is always gimp work... I won't turn my people out in the street for something like this" she is soon distracted by the arrival of the biker "Ripper! what has it been, six or seven months? Your looking good!" Sayaka immediately tells her people " Make up this man a plate" turning back to Ripper " how have you been doing?"

OOC-> His name is Ripper, you've already established he's an old flame, and Sayaka hasn't seen him for six or seven months.

Clumsyninja23
2017-04-19, 05:46 PM
Doc Charlie (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im_gh_eSeBpk8G8ItjwrVPiB512CVK6JQy0ovN81v9E/edit#) thanks Sayaka and takes the items before making himself scarce, as she has new company. Heading back down, he'll take up the offer on food and companionship. A good meal, but not too nice, and he starts looking for a girl also fits that description.

(Doc Charlie is also going to choose to mark one experience from that successful healing check. This was certainly a new one.)