PDA

View Full Version : Looking for weapons

Exarch
2007-07-25, 10:08 PM
I'm playing a Warblade in an up coming campaign that focuses on the Stone Dragon style. As such, my favored skill (Balance) isn't exactly useful, and +1 damage isn't anything to write home about either.

So, I'm looking for a good weapon to grab that'll really enhance my hitting power.

Does anyone know of a 19-20/x3 weapon? If not, is a Greatsword or a Greataxe generally a better weapon? Or should I go with a Falchion or a Scythe?

Edit: Fixed typos. My keyboard is upsetting me.

Seffbasilisk
2007-07-25, 10:36 PM
See if you can get a Goliath Greathammer houseruled to work with Stone Dragon. Snag one o' those.

If you're dedicated to your choices though, I'd go Greataxe. Get it +1 Keen (8,320gp) to be 19-20 x3

sombrastewart
2007-07-25, 10:39 PM
Greatsword crits on a 19-20/x2 and hits for 2d6. It's long been a favorite of any of my many warblades. Make it +1 and keen and you're doing 17-20 for criticals.

Exarch
2007-07-25, 10:55 PM
That's what I feared.

My DM won't allow the Goliath Greathammer because there's no goliaths in the world to use it.

Well, I guess I'll go with the greatsword or greataxe.

SadisticFishing
2007-07-26, 12:20 AM
Minotaur Greathammer, from MM3. I'll try to find it though, I'm not exactly what it does.

Edit: MM4. 1d12, 19-20/x4. Something is not right here, even for an exotic weapon O_O

I think it's a typo and should just be x4, as that's what it says in the entry, but it's not mentioned in the official errata. Weighs 30 pounds though.

Jack Mann
2007-07-26, 12:58 AM
I think they errata'd that, Sadie.

Greatsword is the best weapon for damage, mechanically, given the resources you need for it. If you want to go for battlefield control, guisarme and spiked guantlet/armor spikes are the best weapons for the job (spiked chain is fun, but it's not really much better, mechanically, especially since you have to spend a feat on it).

EDIT: Missed that last bit. They haven't fixed it? Then that is pretty darned nice.

Nebo_
2007-07-26, 02:05 AM
Why not just ask your DM if you can remove the word 'Goliath' from 'Goliath Great Hammer'. Easy as that. Minotaur great hammer hasn't been errata'd.

Ikkitosen
2007-07-26, 02:12 AM
Get the EWP feat. As a Warblade it can apply to anything, since you can swap weapon specific feats around. Use a Big Hitting Stick until you qualify for a level of Exotic Weapon Master and then use a bastard sword which, if memory serves, is a chosen weapon for more than one discipline and which with that EWM level will allow you to add 2x str to the damage when used in 2 hands.