PDA

View Full Version : Soul blade mc?

Spacehamster
2017-03-15, 04:55 AM
So here is a soul blade mc build I thought on on the fly: 12 soul blade, 4 abjuration wizard, 3 assassin, 1 Fighter.

Gnome sub race that gives 2 INT, 1 DEX.

Starting attributes with racial bonus: 8/16/14/16/12/8.

Start as fighter 1 for dual wielding style for DEX to offhand soul blade attack. Go soul blade until you have the thingy that gives an additional attack, pick up 18 DEX as first ASI And use the following 3 the build gets to max DEX and INT or maybe leave INT at 18 if you got a feat in mind.

Abjuration gives shield and invisibility to help with auto crits, also pick stealth expertise and maybe sleigth of hand.

This makes you a fair martial with pretty good infiltration expertise and some protective spells and other goodies coupled with decent shots at brutal alpha strikes from assassin + invisibility + spending psi points.

What do you guys think of this build?

Edit: if going with the 18 INT route, mobile would probably be a good choice to counter gnome 25ft movement and make him a short wood elf.

Sir cryosin
2017-03-15, 08:14 AM
Only thing in the mystic that gives extra attack is in immortal discipline and it cost a bonus action to do. Unless I'm missing it somewhere but I've been looking over and over

Spacehamster
2017-03-15, 01:40 PM
Only thing in the mystic that gives extra attack is in immortal discipline and it cost a bonus action to do. Unless I'm missing it somewhere but I've been looking over and over

Ah my bad read somebody say that it had real extra attack, then blade dancer for extra attack maybe, afb so fun remember when they get it if it is at 6 like valor bard or 5 like normal martials, so 6 blade dancer, 4 assassin, 10 soul blade maybe

Sir cryosin
2017-03-15, 01:50 PM
Bladesinger wizard give extra attack at 5th I think I'm afb. But why give up the soul knife 14th ability. To turn anyone's AC to 10 for a attack. With a max Dex +5 Prof bonuse+5 I think then +4 for soul knife earlyer ability is a +14 before rolling against a AC10. Now have dice stacked up on that one attack from different things then you have the discipline that if you spend some pp on you can make a bonus action attack.

DivisibleByZero
2017-03-15, 01:53 PM
Obligatory "Unearthed Arcana material is not designed nor balanced for multiclassing."
That's why none of it ever has multiclass requirements.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-03-15, 01:56 PM
i have a different idea to a soul knife. But this is a single classed build, i wouldnt multiclass but it might be more optimal to do so. I like the idea of a functional single classed Jedi but anyway i would make sure to get level 14 on soul knife, just because auto hits are nice. Earlier than that...

10 is when you get your third talent and hi 64 mark for psi points. Don't miss much after that unless you want to concentrate on 2 things at once (which isn't as good as it sounds, its actually fairly limited not much you could do that is OP) you also get consumptive power if you want.

9 is another point, you hit your psi cap here, 5 disciplines and 57 psi points is plenty. Honestly this is the best spot unless you want max asi since you can finally do those 7 psi cost abilities you always were eyeing.

Any earlier than that I don't feel like you get enough out of soul knife. Well not for MY tastes. maybe 8 is ok for some. or 6.