PDA

View Full Version : "THE PEACEMAKER" New CORE CLASS, Please Critique!!!

CyberWyld
2007-07-25, 11:12 PM
Here it is, the new Core Class my DM and I have brainstormed out. It's still in the early stages, but this is what we've got so far. Feel free to critique. I ask though that if you do, tell me why something is wrong or needs changes. Don't just flame it. enjoy!!!

“I couldn’t hear much for the ringing in my ears, but after the smoke settled I was able to make out a confident figure standing amongst the remains of the fallen. Two strange weapons held artistically at his side. He moved almost as if he was designated to do so, Very fluid and precise, and always with purpose. He bothered not to loot the dead, or even check for survivors, I am quite sure he knew there weren’t any. After an impressive display of spinning and twirling of his weapons, he pushed them into sheaths on his hips, pulled his cloak back into place…and walked off into the sunset”

After the discovery of smokepowder on Faerun, certain weapons were created to utilize its effects in combat. One in particular was the smokepowder pistol. As the weapon grew in popularity certain individuals possessed an amazing talent with it and would go on to wield them in battle. After some time, the gods even began to take interest in these “new” warriors, melding fire and iron to lay down their foes. Not too long after, Kossuth saw fit to “Inspire” one of his most gifted subjects and grant him abilities to complement his unique talents on the battlefield. Thus was born “The Peacemaker”

"Peacemaker"

Peacemakers have the following game statistics:

ABILITIES:
Peacemakers benefit from high scores in Dexterity and Wisdom. Dexterity improves the chances of a Peacemaker when fighting with their primary weapon of choice, the smokepowder pistol, and also improves her armor class, a good thing for a character that cannot rely on heavy armor. A Wisdom score of 14 or higher is required to get access to the most powerful Peacemaker spells. A Wisdom score of 11 or higher is required to cast any Peacemaker spell at all. A high Constitution also improves a Peacemaker's hit points, as well as bolstering a possibly sub-par Fortitude save.

ALIGNMENT: Any Good

HIT DIE: d8

STARTING GOLD: 6d4 x 10 gp (avg. 150)

CLASS FEATURES:
All of the following are class features of the Peacemaker.

WEAPON AND ARMOR PROFICIENCIES:
A Peacemaker is proficient with all simple and martial weapons (melee only) as well as their favored weapon, smokepowder pistols. They are NOT, however, proficient with any other ranged weapon. Additionally, Peacemakers are proficient with light and medium armor as well as bucklers.

BONUS FEATS:
At 1st level, a Peacemaker gets Point Blank Shot as a bonus feat.
At 2nd level, they get Quick Draw. At 3rd level, they get Precise Shot.
At 7th level, they get Weapon Focus (Smokepowder Pistol).
At 11th level, they get Improved Precise Shot.

IMBUE SHOT:
At 4th level, a Peacemaker gains the ability to place an area spell on one shot. When the shot is fired, the spell's area is centered on were the shot impacts, even if the spell could normally be centered only on the caster. This ability allows the Peacemaker to use the pistol's range rather than the spell's. It takes a standard action to cast the spell and fire the shot. The shot must be fired in the round the spell is cast, or the spell is wasted.

INSPIRED SHOT:
At 5th level, a Peacemaker recieves +1d6 additional damage whenever he can catch an opponent unawares (as a rogue's sneak attack, see PHB, pg 50). This ability improves to +2d6 at 10th level and to +3d6 at 15th level.

BLESSED SHOT:
At 6th level, the Peacemaker may choose to fire one shot per day as if it is affected by the Bless Weapon spell. That means it's treated as a good weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, and a critical threat against an evil foe is automatically successful. A shot that already has an effect related to critical hits cannot benefit from this effect. A Peacemaker can use this ability twice per day at 12th level and three times a day at 18th level.

"TWO GUN STYLE":
At 8th level, a Peacemaker will be treated as having the Two Weapon Fighting feat for the purposes of fighting with his favored weapon only.

BANE SHOT:
At 9th level, the Peacemaker my choose to fire one shot per day as if it is affected by the Bane property of a foe designated by the Peacemaker at the time of use. Against the designated foe, its effective enhancement bonus is +2 better than normal. Additionally, it deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against the foe. This damage is not multiplied on a critical hit. A Peacemaker can use this ability twice per day at 19th level.

"IMPROVED TWO GUN STYLE": At 13th level, a Peacemaker will be treated as having the Improved Two Weapon Fighting feat for the purposes of fighting with his favored weapon only.

"BLAZE OF GLORY":
In lieu of their regular attacks, once per day a Peacemaker of 13th level or higher can fire a shot at each and every target within range, to a maximum of one target for each Peacemaker level they have earned. Each attack uses the Peacemaker's primary attack bonus, and each enemy may only be targeted by a single shot.

"WARNING SHOT":
At 14th level, a Peacemaker may take an attack action to fire a "Warning Shot" across the nose of a designated foe, stunning them for 1d6 rounds. Will save negates. You must announce your intention of using this ability before the attack roll has been resolved. A miss uses up the daily application of this ability. This is a mind-affecting ability.

"TWO GUN MASTERY":
At 16th level, a Peacemaker will receive a third attack with his off-hand weapon. Additionally, all attacks (primary and off-hand) will be at the Peacemaker's full attack bonuses. This ability applies to the Peacemaker's favored weapons only.

"GUT SHOT":
At 17th level, a Peacemaker may take an attack action to fire a shot directly into the belly of a foe, causing intense pain. The affected foe takes a -4 penalty to all attack and damage rolls, skill checks and ability checks. The foe's movement speed(s) is halved, and they take a -2 to AC. Fort save reduces all penalties by half. You must announce your intention of using this ability before the attack roll has been resolved. A miss uses up the daily application of this ability. The designated enemy must have a clearly identifiable anatomy for this ability to be effective.

"HEAD SHOT":
At 20th level, a Peacemaker may take a full-round action to fire a shot directly at the head of a designated foe. If the affected foe fails their fortitude save, they are instantly slain. If they make their fortitude save, they still take 5d6+1 per class level points of damage (to a max of +20). You must announce your intention of using this ability before the attack roll has been resolved. A miss uses up the daily application of this ability. The designated enemy must have a clearly identifiable anatomy for this ability to be effective.

Class Skills:
The Peacemaker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Int),Ride (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str) and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table]Level|Base Attack|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spells Per Day|||
|Bonus|Save|Save|Save||1st|2nd|3rd|4th
1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Point Blank Shot||||
2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Quick Draw||||
3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Precise Shot||||
4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Imbue Shot|0|||
5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Inspired +1d6|0|||
6th|+4|+2|+5|+5|Blessed Shot 1/day|1|||
7th|+5|+2|+5|+5|Weapon Focus|1|||
8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6|"Two Gun Style"|1|0||
9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6|Bane Shot 1/day|2|0||
10th|+7|+3|+7|+7|Inspired +2d6|2|1||
11th|+8|+3|+7|+7|Improved Precise Shot|2|1|0|
12th|+9|+4|+8|+8|Blessed Shot 2/day|2|2|1|
13th|+9|+4|+8|+8|"Blaze of Glory"|3|2|1|
14th|+10|+4|+9|+9|"Warning Shot"|3|2|1|0
15th|+11|+5|+9|+9|Inspired +3d6|3|3|2|1||
16th|+12|+5|+10|+10|"Two Gun Mastery"|3|3|2|1||
17th|+12|+5|+10|+10|"Gut Shot"1/day|4|3|3|2||
18th|+13|+6|+11|+11|Blessed Shot 3/day|4|4|3|2||
19th|+14|+6|+11|+11|Bane Shot 2/day|4|4|4|3||
20th|+15|+6|+12|+12|"Head Shot"1/day|4|4|4|4||[/table]

CyberWyld
2007-07-25, 11:17 PM
Think of these guys as "hitmen" for the church. More specific then a paladin, and more unique then a cleric. Once my DM gets the spell list done for this class I'll post it as well. Also I should mention that my DM did ALL technical aspects of this class. My only input was the RP and Flavor side of it. Not to say that's not important as well. :))

Hasta

CyberWyld
2007-07-26, 12:33 AM
:smalleek: Surely someone has something to say one way or the other?

Hasta

Draken
2007-07-26, 12:42 AM
Looks like a fine class, try to make the tables for it.

By the way, in the bold part, you writo "Ferun".

CyberWyld
2007-07-26, 01:42 AM
Thanks Drak, I'll get to work on the table. I have a dumb question, since I make the tables in Excel...how do I paste them here? it never pastes them in the table format. Thanks again.

hasta

Zeta Kai
2007-07-26, 06:32 AM
The bottom of this page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode) will show you how to create a table in this forum. I generally copy my tables from Excel into Word, & then perform a search/replace, switching all of the tabbed spaces to |'s. This makes tables rather easy.

CyberWyld
2007-07-26, 07:14 AM
The bottom of this page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode) will show you how to create a table in this forum. I generally copy my tables from Excel into Word, & then perform a search/replace, switching all of the tabbed spaces to |'s. This makes tables rather easy.

THANK YOU!

hasta

DracoDei
2007-07-26, 10:27 AM
Don't think you ever stated what the spell list for them was? Paladin I assume?

CyberWyld
2007-07-26, 10:58 AM
the spell list will be homebrewed as well. It'll be like the arcane archer spell list, but with divine spells. Will post it as it's done.

Hasta

palindrome
2007-07-26, 04:30 PM
Keep in mind that smokepowder weapons do need more smokepowder and another round put in the chamber after every shot. So just because the peacemaker may have the various two weapon fighting feats doesn't necessarily mean that his weapon will allow him more shots in a round. You might want to give up inspired shot or bane shot for a supernaturally quick reload ability, which would allow them to use those additional attacks.
Also, list how many times per day you can use head shot and gut shot, as well as how to calculate their save DCs.

CyberWyld
2007-07-27, 01:47 AM
*ride added as a class skill.
*Gut shot and warning shot updated in table
*Spell list in the works

Any other issues anyone see's?

Hasta

CyberWyld
2007-07-30, 12:40 AM
Would anyone like to submit a specialized spell list they've come up with? My DM and I are still working ours, but I'd very much like to see what other people had in mind. All spells should be divine, no book restrictions. We're going up to 4th lvl divine spells. Thanks in advance for those that take on the task, your help is appreciated.

Hasta