PDA

View Full Version : DM Help More Unique Items

Twistedambition
2017-03-15, 02:29 PM
Hey gents I have a couple of items that I want to run by you. These item I don't think are in the game but please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm making these items just for the heck of it and i thing it would be cool to see what they can do with them. I just want to hear your thoughts on said equipment and wonder what you would change about them.

1. Sheath of returning - A Bandoleer sheath that can have two daggers attuned to it. Once these two daggers have been attuned to the sheath you will have to get an enchanter to un-attune a dagger for a cost.

2. Shield of destruction - Its just a tower shield that has a sharp edge to one end that you can do some damage with (IDK what hit dice to use for the damage yet, up for ideas)

3. Hammer time - A hammer attached to a chain with a reel on your hip ( much like roadhogs hook from overwatch) this item will allow the user to attach from a slight distance 10ft away i would think.

4. totem of chicken control - this item allows a player that is wielding it power over normal chickens. This item was just for fun when they got it. i just want to know if there is anything that may become a problem with it later.

These item are still up for interpretation I really just want my players to have a cool item that fits there character nicely. What I would like is maybe cool names or and ways to make them work better with the 5E system.

DarthPenance
2017-03-15, 04:39 PM
First, it would be good to know the rarity of the items, from their effect, I assume they're uncommon, now, my suggestions are:
1. Remove the unattunement cost and as a bonus action, you can summon one of the daggers to the belt.
2. For the shield, it would basically be like dual wielding, except it's a shield as well, to this one, I have two suggestions: 1°, the shield gives the normal ac bonus of a shield, but if you make a grapple or shove with it, you can deal 1d6 + str modifier slashing damage because of the sharped edge; 2° the shield, instead of a +2 to ac, gives a +1, but allows you to do an attack with your bonus action doing 1d8 + str slashing damage.
3. Nothing to change much here, I would just allow the hammer to be used as a chain to pull people, akin to a grapple.
4. Make it have the power to do the Dominate Monster spell on Chickens and avians of the kind, and, if you want it to be fun, on T-rex as well, once per day only.