PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Building a Kalashtar tank

Das_Tabby
2017-03-16, 04:52 AM
Hello again~

a friend of mine wants to start a new game in the Eberron Setting, and as I like the idea of the "Dancing with Shadows" feat, I wanted to do something with it, and, as Kalashtar is a prerequ, I want to do at least a bit with psionic powers, But it's something I never used bevor, so i'll appreciate your advice

We will probably start at lvl 1 and here's what I came up with so far:

Kalashtar Martial Rogue 1/ Psychic Warrior 1/ Martial Rogue 1/ Psychic Warrior 5/Crusader 3/Psychic Warrior 9

Stats (asuming 28 point buy, he didn't decide yet what to use, but that's what we're used to from our other group)
Str 13 | Dex 14 | Con 14 | Int 14 | Wis 13 | Cha 8

Im also thinking about using the Draconic Template as he said we can take 2 Flaws per LA and reduce it with that, but I'm not sure about that yet. We're using some flaws with greater impact than those from UA, and i already want the extra feats... I'm not sure if 4 Flaws are that great... xD But he wants to see the guy wo takes 30 Flaws just to play a Paragon... xD)

Feats:
lvl 1: Combat Expertise (I know I won't get any use out of it until lvl 3, but I can't get any of the other feats I want that early)
Flaw: Psionic Weapon
Flaw: Allied Defense

MR 1: Combat Reflexes
PW 1: Practiced Manifester
lvl 3: Path of Shadows

MR 2: Power Attack
PW 2: Psionic Meditation
lvl 6: Dancing with Shadows

PW 5: Linked Power
lvl 9: Deep Impact
lvl 12: Improved Combat Expertise

Open feats: CW 8, 11, 14; Lvl 15, 18
Considered: Kalashtar Mindlink, Robilar's Gambit, Stand Still
I also want tu use a shield (animated as soon as affordable), so I'm looking at these, too: Shield Specialization (Heavy) & Shield Ward, maybe Agile Shield Defense (I heard it can be used with Combat Expertise, but i saw nothing in the feat's description about that), or Parrying Shield

Crusader Maneuvers: Douse the Flames, Vanguard Strike, Shield Block, White Raven Tactics, Defensive Rebuke, Covering Strike
Stances: Iron Guard's Glare & Thicket of Blades

Powers: Expansion; Vigor; Precognition, Defensive; Hustle; Strength of my Enemy; Detect Hostile Intend or Reach
Haven't thought any further than 2nd lvl Powers, I'm open for suggestions

What I want to do: Protect myself and my allies with some self buffs, Combat Expertise and Allied Defense, trying to get the attention of my enemies and make sure they don't simply 5ft step away from me by using powers like Expansion and/or reach, and later Thicket of Blades.
Psionic Weapon will probably be useful in the early lvls while power attacking isn't an Option, and Deep Impact will it make much more easy to use Power Attack together with Combat Expertise or delivering maneuvers like Vanguard Strike and Defensive Rebuke.

It's not sure yet what my team mates want to play, but if they go more for caster or ranged characters, i might swap Allied Defense for Stand Still.

I was also considering to reduce my Psychic Warrior lvls by 1 or 2 more and get more Crusader lvls as soon as I hit Initiator lvl 11 (so, around ECL 18..., yes, I know it's not sure if the character is played that long, but I love planing) and get myself the Order forged from Chaos and/or Rallying Strike Maneuvers, or are more Power Points and Powers known a better plan?

I'm also unsure if it wouldn't be better to swap my first 2 lvls (so it would be PW 1 MR 2 PW 5), I love skill points, but I won't need any ranks in dance before lvl 3, and 2 more hit points at lvl 1 are probably not that bad... Just that one Psionic Power alt lvl 1 probably won't be that useful... xD)

Oh, and I want to note that i'll swap Evasion from Rogue 2 for Spell Reflection, as I'm going to wear heavy Armor asap. I can't use Evasion anyway

So, what's your opinion and suggestions?

And before I forget it, allowed sources:
Everything from 3.5 with the WotC logo on it, Eberron setting prefered, but material from other settings can be discussed as long as it's nothing to specific (like regional feats and so on)
Definetly no Pathfinder, not sure about 3.0 and Dragon Magazin (but it can't hurt to ask)