PDA

View Full Version : Editing the Sword Coast Map

j_spencer93
2017-03-16, 11:12 AM
Ok, So i have the large map of the sword coast (out of the sword coast guide i think) and want to add locations found in the adventure Storm King's Thunder, does anyone have a recommended program to use or advice?

BeefGood
2017-03-16, 11:27 AM
A way to remove a few significant place names from a scan of the SKT map would be good too.
Without leaving a tell-tale white rectangle, I mean.

j_spencer93
2017-03-16, 11:27 AM
Yea it would, just having trouble finding a decent tool to do it with.

War_lord
2017-03-16, 12:02 PM
Have you tried Photoshop? That seems like the cleanest way to edit a drawn image without making the changes super obvious.

DanyBallon
2017-03-16, 02:12 PM
If you are looking for a free solution to Photoshop, you can look for Gimp which I find quite useful and not too complicate to use.

BeefGood
2017-03-17, 10:48 AM
If you are looking for a free solution to Photoshop, you can look for Gimp which I find quite useful and not too complicate to use.

I downloaded GIMP and spent a few minutes reading about the Clone tool. I was able to do a halfway-decent job of removing text and replacing it with background that matches the surroundings. So I think this is going to work, thank you!
Next thing I'd like to do is get a better scan of SKT map to work with. Mine are distorted at one edge because of the page curvature because of the book binding.

Sexyshoeless
2017-03-17, 11:12 AM
If you search Storm King's Thunder map in reddit, there is a thread that contains a link to a map that someone created with the SKT locations on it. Try that before creating one on your own? or use it as a starter.