PDA

View Full Version : LMOP Wave Echo Cave question - *spoilers*

maligno
2017-03-16, 12:16 PM
My party has just killed the Flameskull in Wave Echo Cave. So far the Black Spider is dead, the Spectator has poofed back to its home plane, and the Wraith has been killed (again). This is as far as we've gotten, just for context and to hopefully keep people from spoiling anything else in the cave in the comments...

Now... I, as a player, know what happens with Flameskulls after you kill them (they regenerate unless you dispel magic or holy water their remains). My character does not and what I'm proposing is not based upon that.

In the room that the Spectator occupied, there is a brazier of GREEN FLAME that will imbue magic onto an item for a limited amount of time. The brazier is apparently not up to its original power level due to the many years since the mine was operational.

My character is thinking that if he were to take the remnants of the Flameskull (which was a floating skull surrounded by GREEN FLAME) and put them into the brazier, it would do something AWESOME...

My question to everyone here:

What should that awesome thing be?

Some options I have thought of and shared with my DM include:

a) not a damned thing happens;

b) immediate reanimation of the Flameskull and (likely) my death;

c) the brazier becomes recharged/supercharged;

d) the Flameskull is reanimated and supercharged, likely meaning my death;

e) the Flameskull is reanimated but its programming is wiped and it becomes my new little floating buddy!

What does the forum think would be other things that could happen? I will share these with my DM as its his final call.

NNescio
2017-03-16, 12:52 PM
f) Flameskull reanimates as a Demilich.

maligno
2017-03-16, 01:02 PM
f) Flameskull reanimates as a Demilich.

Oh you evil bastard.... I both love it and am very afraid to propose it to my DM...

Especially as we're only almost level 5....

But yes, that would definitely fit the "awesome" criteria

DanyBallon
2017-03-16, 01:06 PM
Oh you evil bastard.... I both love it and am very afraid to propose it to my DM...

Especially as we're only almost level 5....

But yes, that would definitely fit the "awesome" criteria

g) Nothing happen. After 100 days the Flameskulls reanimate as a demi-lich and is looking for your party.

maligno
2017-03-16, 01:29 PM
g) Nothing happen. After 100 days the Flameskulls reanimate as a demi-lich and is looking for your party.

...to REWARD us... right? Right?!?!?!

DanyBallon
2017-03-16, 01:37 PM
...to REWARD us... right? Right?!?!?!

That would be a nice twist. Especially if the party learns that a demilich is looking for them and they are fleeing from it for some time :smalltongue:

Cespenar
2017-03-17, 02:14 AM
Make a magical item out of the skull? Something like fireball 1/day, or add/reduce to your DM's preference. Bonus points if it's cursed.

NNescio
2017-03-17, 02:21 AM
Make a magical item out of the skull? Something like fireball 1/day, or add/reduce to your DM's preference. Bonus points if it's cursed.

So, basically like Skullsy? (Belkar's Eye of Fear and Flame slash portable potty).

Cespenar
2017-03-17, 02:25 AM
So, basically like Skullsy? (Belkar's Eye of Fear and Flame slash portable potty).

Exactly. Maybe tone down on the comedy, depending on the campaign atmosphere.

maligno
2017-03-17, 11:40 AM
Well the good news is, he made a decision...

The GREAT news is, I now have a Flaming Skull familiar....

The agreed upon terms behind it are that:

- We use the full Flameskull stat block (minus all spells and attacks)
- It only has 5 HP
- It will act as a familiar except for anything regarding dismissal/telepathy/touch spells/seeing through its senses
- If we are separated it is compelled to find me

Any thoughts on a name? Apparently its mind is wiped of its wizardly past so it won't have a fancy wizard name...

On the other hand, I'm a bard and my character is basically a crappy stage magician... so now I have a floating skull as an assistant!

NNescio
2017-03-17, 02:59 PM
Well the good news is, he made a decision...

The GREAT news is, I now have a Flaming Skull familiar....

The agreed upon terms behind it are that:

- We use the full Flameskull stat block (minus all spells and attacks)
- It only has 5 HP
- It will act as a familiar except for anything regarding dismissal/telepathy/touch spells/seeing through its senses
- If we are separated it is compelled to find me

Any thoughts on a name? Apparently its mind is wiped of its wizardly past so it won't have a fancy wizard name...

Why, Skullsy, of course.

And congratulations.

KorvinStarmast
2017-03-17, 03:10 PM
Yorick is a fine name for a skull, if perhaps overused due to all of us having had to read Hamlet in English Lit ...

dejarnjc
2017-04-29, 11:36 PM
Name it Morte!

Oh such fond memores of this guy. ..

http://torment.wikia.com/wiki/Morte