PDA

View Full Version : Computer Recommend me some computer ccgs!~

Togath
2017-03-16, 08:00 PM
So I've been getting into Shadowverse, and enjoy Hearthstone and Pokemon TCGO, and have now gotten curious what else is out there, either multiplayer or single player. Anyone have suggestions? I'm looking for PC stuff primarily.
I know vaguely of Duelyst, and while the concept sounds kinda interesting, the pixel art put me off it.
I also figure there's probably at least a few single player things out there... but I wouldn't really know where to start.

Psyren
2017-03-16, 10:08 PM
MTG released a free to play title on Steam called Magic Duels. As the Ur-CCG, if you like the genre you'll probably enjoy checking that out.

Another... interesting card game I'd recommend is Hand of Fate, though it's only loosely a CCG.

Fri
2017-03-16, 10:19 PM
The old Yugioh singleplayer games. That's classic for good reason. Each games (Yugi: Power Of Chaos, Kaiba: The Revenge, and Joey: The Passion version) have separate set of available cards, and in each version they're the "only" opponent you can fight, there's no campaign or multiple enemies or something, but they do change up their cards and strategies. IIRC if you get multiple version of them you can combine the available cards but take that with grain of salt. Amusingly, the Joey version is the best one I think, because it's the latest so it got better AI and cards, while the Yugi one is more simplistic, though still good.

The Pokemon TCG in GBC. That's the one I played, and I'm not sure if newer versions are available? There might be one for GBA? Not sure honestly. I think they decide to not make pokemon tcg games so people just play the actual version. If you can stomach GBC graphic it's good.

Grytorm
2017-03-17, 12:06 AM
For portables there is a game called Summoner Wars which is pretty neat. I haven't tried multiplayer and you only start with one faction, the Phoenix Elves, and they don't have all the cards from the tabletop game. I do know that you can set up the multiplayer games to go slowly over several days, so it can have a relaxed pace.

tonberrian
2017-03-17, 12:32 AM
Elder Scrolls Legends is in release. It's like Hearthstone but better in pretty much every regard, IMO. Well, except for Tavern Brawls.

Silfir
2017-03-17, 12:38 AM
Good God, not Magic Duels! The client is intolerably bad, clunky, and obnoxious.

I'd give Faeria a try. It's kind of like Hearthstone, except the creatures fight on a hex grid in the manner of a turn-based strategy game. It also has lands and the ability to build decks of different colors, like Magic: The Gathering - but you don't play land cards, you play actual lands for your creatures to move around on and fight for resources and try to hit the other player, and for creatures of a specific color to be summoned on. (Each color corresponds to a type of land. To play a Wood Elemental, you need to have a forest on the map, and it can only be summoned on that forest.) Also, gone are the days when all your mana went to waste if you didn't have something to play; your mana (called Faeria) can be stockpiled! It's also hard to get stuck with nothing to play, since you can draw an additional card when you need one, at the cost of not being able to play a land that turn.

In my book it's a lot more fun to play than Hearthstone!