PDA

View Full Version : Human traits?

EndocrineBandit
2017-03-17, 02:49 AM
Aside from the standard human, what are some subraces and planetouched and such that have human traits? Much like how the wispling has halfling traits? Been bouncing around the idea of making a Jotunbrud human, but I'm curious as to what other racial options I have, if any.

xkroku
2017-03-17, 02:55 AM
There is Silverbrow Human, aside from bonus feat he gains dragonblood subtype and a SLA.
Changeling should also qualify for human-only feats, but ask your GM first.
Changelings can take Racial Emulation feat, which lets you emulate racial subtypes of humanoids.

EndocrineBandit
2017-03-17, 03:11 AM
Changeling would most likely be a no-go, at least for this campaign. It's going to be taking place in The North, like Damara or Vaasa. Not really sure yet. I'm also not entirely sure what role I'm going to be playing, My primary limitation is lore-friendly and able to interact with frontier townsfolk peacefully, My first want was a warghest ranger/beastmaster (barghest/goblin planetouched)

Ruethgar
2017-03-17, 09:00 AM
Deep Imaskari, Neanderthal, Human, Azurin, Silverbrow Human, Teifling, Aasimar, Underfolk, and Gensai are all technically human though I'm pretty sure you would need human heritage for the planetoiched to qualify for anything Human only.

There are also those snake people, Exemplars of Evil I think have them. Which reminds me, Yuanti IIRC are also mutated humans. There was also an aquatic human but I can't recall the name or location(probably forgotten realms).

Edit: Forgot Mongrelfolk

Uncle Pine
2017-03-17, 09:09 AM
Aside from the standard human, what are some subraces and planetouched and such that have human traits? Much like how the wispling has halfling traits? Been bouncing around the idea of making a Jotunbrud human, but I'm curious as to what other racial options I have, if any.

According to the updated rules on regional feats in PGtF, any character can choose any single region as "his" for purposes of regional feats, so everyone can take Jotunbrud if he chooses Damara or The North. Keep in mind that you can still only have one regional feat in total.

EDIT: I wish I could give you a literal quote but my PGtF is not in English. However, you can find the rule on page 6.

Telonius
2017-03-17, 09:24 AM
Sharakim from Races of Destiny are Humanoid (human), even though they look like Orcs. Level Adjustment +1, though.

Elans were originally human, now Aberrations.

I believe there's a "Half-Human" variant in Races of Destiny somewhere, but I'm away from my books.

EndocrineBandit
2017-03-17, 12:02 PM
Jotunbrud specifically calls for Damaran or Illuskun Human, I'm not sure the Tiefling or Aasimar qualify for that. Most regional feats lack a racial requirement from what I've noticed, but this one is a stickler.

Red Fel
2017-03-17, 01:15 PM
I'm going to second Silverbrow Humans. Basically a strict upgrade over vanilla Humans. You're giving up your Human bonus skill points in exchange for an SLA and a subtype. You don't even lose the Human bonus feat! Similarly, Azurin get a subtype, plus an Essentia pool, but don't lose their Human bonus feat. That said, unlike Silverbrow (because the SLA and subtype are never not useful), Azurin are only useful if you're actually planning to use Incarnum.

I'm not sure whether Planetouched count as Human. Humanoid, certainly, but I don't think they count as Human.

Telonius
2017-03-17, 03:35 PM
Red Fel reminded me of another one - Vasharan, from BoVD.