PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer spell knowledge from sorcerer to wizard

ayvango
2017-03-17, 06:38 AM
I'm playing a wizard and has sorcerer in my party. I'd like to put his spells in my spellbook. If he would be a wizard we could just share books, but he is a sorcerer and is adamant about spending zero feats or other class features for scribble scroll.

Which means could I use to learn spells from him? Our adventure has a little access to magic, so I could not simply buy all desired scrolls and skip all trouble. I has very limited source of spells known and I'm ready to employ complicated schemes to get spell access.

eggynack
2017-03-17, 06:48 AM
You have scribe scroll. With item creation, you can team up and have one character supply the feat and the other supply the spell. For a citation, here's the section (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm#prerequisites), and here's the quote: "It is possible for more than one character to cooperate in the creation of an item, with each participant providing one or more of the prerequisites." So, do that.

ryu
2017-03-17, 06:53 AM
You have scribe scroll. With item creation, you can team up and have one character supply the feat and the other supply the spell. For a citation, here's the section (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm#prerequisites), and here's the quote: "It is possible for more than one character to cooperate in the creation of an item, with each participant providing one or more of the prerequisites." So, do that.

Yeah he's right. One of you has both peanut butter and bread. The other has tasty tasty high quality preserve jam. Make some goddamn sandwiches (scrolls).

ayvango
2017-03-17, 06:56 AM
That was pretty easy. I thought that all participating creatures should has create item feat to cooperate. If that is not the case, why the transference spell and ritual are ever needed?

ryu
2017-03-17, 06:58 AM
That was pretty easy. I thought that all participating creatures should has create item feat to cooperate. If that is not the case, why the transference spell and ritual are ever needed?

For wizards who weren't smart enough to keep scribe scroll?

Mystral
2017-03-17, 07:04 AM

If you want to draw the XP from someone who can add none of the components. Example: Fighter wants a cool new magic sword and lacks money, so he pays part of the cost with his XP.