PDA

View Full Version : What will I do with my Monday...?

GhorrinRedblade
2017-03-17, 12:54 PM
This Monday, I will come in to work, and I will not spend the late monring/early afternoon in a cycle of anticipation and despair waiting for an Unearthed Arcana that may or may not have the Mystic.

For we already have the Mystic.

I don't know how I feel about this...

Lost,
Ghorrin Redblade

GPS
2017-03-17, 01:12 PM
Just start building up hype for a 5e dread necromancer. If we get enough hype, the dread and longing can last us through post-mystic UA season.

Regitnui
2017-03-17, 01:20 PM
Eberron rewrite. There will be an eberron rewrite including the kalashtar and anot her psionic race: the Dromites, maybe?

Steampunkette
2017-03-17, 01:23 PM
Athas.

Half Giants, Muls, and PC Thri Kreen!

Typhon
2017-03-17, 01:31 PM
Athas.

Half Giants, Muls, and PC Thri Kreen!

I am all for this one. It would make a good follow up.

Dragolord
2017-03-17, 02:45 PM

Not as good a one as Eberron.

Typhon
2017-03-17, 03:32 PM

Pretty sure it would be. Defilers, Preservers, Templar, oh my. Not forgetting the modified base races and additional new races.

Eh, your right. Probably Eberron, less work. Bringing Athas up to 5e is a bit much to ask just yet. I mean there is Athas.org, but really bringing the full flavor of Dark Sun is a bit away still.

Regitnui
2017-03-17, 03:41 PM

Eberron still allows traditional fantasy in its main Myth Arc, while introducing psionics as a part of the setting. It's a natural transition from High Fantasy Fairly-Well-Known Realms to Psionic Survivalist Dark Sun. Perhaps with a stop off in Planescape for a Planar book.

An Eberron book would have, judging by UA:
Four new races (Shifter, Changeling, Kalashtar, and Warforged)
Two new classes (Artificer and Mystic)
A number of new subclasses (the cavalry fighter for the Valenar elves, the planar druid for the Greensingers, the Scout and Inquisitive as their occupations, I'd find more if I wasn't AFB)
A selection of unique monsters (deathless/positive energy undead, quori/psionic dream monsters, Fallen Idols/fallen angels, daelkyr and their aberrant servants, living spells)
More detailed crafting rules and other new DM tools like magic traps
At least one new feat (Dragonmarked)

In other words, it'd add many thing that Dark Sun and other settings further away from the High Fantasy norm FR offers could easily build onto.

Typhon
2017-03-17, 03:57 PM
If tradition holds, psionics/mystic will not be introduced in an campaign specific book. When it is ready they will toss that book into the wild and let it fend for itself, with only a meager amount of support for settings included in the book.

It would be probably the least work to bring out more Ravenloft.
-Vistani as a subrace for humans
-minimal use of mystic for mediums and such
-lot of intrigue and roleplay possiblity
-able to be reshaped with new and even worse Darklords
-works as a great in between setting by dragging people unwillingly into the mists before releasing them
-simply laying the varied domains and their associated settings