PDA

View Full Version : Non-Illumian Loredelver?

schreier
2017-03-17, 01:50 PM
Is there any way to get into Loredelver without being Illumian? I know that there is a 3-level prestige classes to qualify as Dwarf/Gnome/Goliath (Stoneblessed), and there is a Prc in the Dragon Compendium (Master of Shapes) that potentially lets you change your race ... but nothing specific to Illumian that I've seen.

The Master of Shapes would change race entirely it seems, which would disqualify the character from race-specific classes (for example - a paragon class). I am also not sure what it would do to existing attribute adjustments, spell-like abilities, etc ....

Obviously, you can just ignore it, but I hate house rules.

If I were house-ruling, I could see a feat or something "Ritual of the Words Made Flesh" - that lets you qualify as illumian as well as an original race, and even grant the Luminous Sigils, Glypic Resonance, and Power Sigils?

That might take 2 feats, since it seems pretty powerful ... first might be the Ritual of the Words Made Flesh to qualify for classes and feats and have minor sigils around the head, then the second might be Strengthened Illumian blood or something like that?

Would wish be another option? Savage species talks about changing a species, but ideally this would be qualifying for a class limited to another species (potentially with some abilities) -- almost treating "Illumian" as you would a template

Obviously, one other option is just change the class requirement, as indicated in the "Adaptation" section

schreier
2017-03-17, 04:06 PM
Sorry for the double post - but it seems like another option would be an epic spell using the Transform seed?

Not sure if any other seed would be necessary, probably permanent change race, while keeping the original race might be +25 difficulty? Not really a master of epic spell creation

Thurbane
2017-03-17, 04:13 PM
IIRC, Changelings can take a feat that allows them to be counted as another race.

schreier
2017-03-17, 11:36 PM
Looks like this feat:

Racial Emulation: RoE 110; If you use your minor change shape ability to assume the form of a humanoid creature, you may also emulate any of that creature’s subtypes. You may ignore the penalty on disguise checks when disguising yourself as a different race