PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gekkonid (PF + 5e Race)

Ralcos
2017-03-17, 05:34 PM
It's been a while since I posted here. Here's something I made using Pathfinder's Advanced Race Guide.

A race of humanoid geckos.

Gekkonid
(Humanoid Gecko)
Total RP Score: 12

Type: Monstrous Humanoid (Reptile Subtype) (3 RP)
Darkvision 60 feet.

Size: Small (0 RP)
+1 size bonus to Armor Class, +1 size bonus to all Attack Rolls, -1 to CMB and CMD, +4 size bonus to Stealth.

Speed: Slow (-1 RP)
Base land speed of 20 feet.

Ability Scores: Normal (0 RP)
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength

Languages: Linguist (1 RP)
Knows Common and Gekkonid.
Bonus Languages: Any (Except Druidic and other secret languages)

RACIAL TRAITS
Lucky, Lesser (2 RP): +1 to all Saving Throws.

Climb (2 RP): Base Climb speed of 20 feet, and gains a +8 racial bonus to Climb checks, as normal.

Master Tinker (2 RP): +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. Also treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted.

Scavenger (2 RP): +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste.

Cold Blooded (?? RP): When in cold environments and in extremely low temperatures, the Gekkonid immediately becomes Fatigued if they have no protection.

Is it balanced, or no? Also, how do you like these guys?

Ralcos
2017-03-17, 05:39 PM
I also have a 5e Version as well.

Gekkonid
Ability Score Increase: Choose either Dexterity or Intelligence. Your chosen Ability Score increases by 2, while the other Ability Score increases by 1.

Age. Not as long lived as other races, they share with Humans the drive to make their lives mean something. Gekkonids are considered adults at 13, and can live up to 90 years.

Alignment. Gekkonids are naturally inquisitive and philosophical, allowing them to see multiple sides of an issue and make a decision. Like Humans, the best and the worst come from the Gekkonid.

Size. Gekkonid have a light and small build, standing on average around 3 feet in height, and weighing around 50 pounds on average. Your size is Small.

Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.

Gecko Senses. You can see in areas of low-light as if the area was illuminated by bright light, and you can see in areas with no light as if the area was dimly-lit. In addition, you can gain Advantage on any Wisdom (Perception) check involving smells.

Fast Learner. You are proficient in any one skill of your choice, as well as proficient in any one Artisan's Tool of your choice.

Pad-Grip Toes. You have a natural Climb Speed of 30 feet.

Cold Blooded. You are Vulnerable to Cold Damage. In addition, when you take Cold Damage from any source, you must make a Constitution Saving Throw (DC = 8 + Cold Damage taken OR DC 12, if from a static source). On failure of this Saving Throw, you can only move half of your movement speed. This penalty affects all movement types.

Languages. Gekkonids start knowing the Common and Gekkonid languages. Gekkonid is a mix of vowels, vocal calls, and body language.

nikkoli
2017-03-18, 09:14 AM
The pathfinder one looks balanced to me, but it doesn't have fluff so I can't say whether all the traits make sense together. But I'd let the race into a game I ran without issue. I'd also mark the cold blooded as-1 making it an 11 rp race
But I can't speak for the 5e version, because I haven't played that edition.