PDA

View Full Version : I need help choosing a god for my character to follow.

NecroDancer
2017-03-17, 06:20 PM
The campaign I'm playing in is very deadly so I want to have a backup character ready to go. However I need a patron deity for my character to worship. I'm also not very knowledgeable about FR (aside from Erin M Evan's books) I'm more of a planescape guy.

The character is Ann Chanter, a half-orc enchantment based wizard. His/her backstory is that they use to be a patient at an insane asylum in water-deep. Ann recovered and decided to use their magical powers to help other who are insane, Ann than set off to travel the sword coast in hopes of starting up an asylum for the suffering.

Howerver Ann knew that their wizardly powers aren't strong enough so they pray regularly to [Name of a Deity] to help them in their quest.

The god (or goddess) should be related to madness or healing madness, I'd prefer if the deity isn't lawful but I'm flexable. The deity has to be from the forgetter realms, that is a must.

Spellbreaker26
2017-03-17, 06:57 PM
How evil are they? Since there's always Cyric. :smalltongue:

Just joking (I hope)

The god Ilmater is the god of enduring suffering. If your character still has residual mental problems he might be appropriate.

Honest Tiefling
2017-03-17, 07:55 PM
I would actually suggest Selune. In 3rd edition at least, she was associated with the care of the insane and wanderers. Since your character is a wandering person taking care of the insane, well, I think it's a good match. She is probably the only god associated with healing madness as opposed to healing everything in general and taking care of people.

Also, she is associated with outcasts, so if your Half-Orciness is an issue, (which it probably will be), you have another reason to follow her.

erikun
2017-03-17, 09:27 PM
There is also Azuth, or Mystra herself, if you want to focus more on the lawful-side of things and are worshipping someone non-evil for the purposes of greater magical knowledge.