PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Is there any way to ignore the Full Plate movement speed penalty?

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-03-18, 04:41 AM
I am searching for feats and special matirials that can let a human in full plate move at 30ft.

Gusmo
2017-03-18, 05:06 AM
There's a magic item in Tome of Magic that allows you to do it.

noce
2017-03-18, 05:11 AM
Knight base class can move at full speed in heavy armor starting from lvl 9. From lvl 4, he can move at full speed in medium armor (mithral full plate).
Vengeance Knight prestige class suffers only half speed penalty from lvl 6.

There's a simpler way to move at high speed in heavy armor, increase your base land speed.
If you take a Barbarian level, or buy Boots of Striding and Springing, you can move at 30 ft in full plate.
If you take both, you move at 35 ft in full plate.

Zombimode
2017-03-18, 05:17 AM
I am searching for feats and special matirials that can let a human in full plate move at 30ft.

Shape Souldmeld (Airstep Sandals) with 2 Essentia does the trick too (and more).

Uncle Pine
2017-03-18, 05:19 AM
Technically not a feat, but taken in place of a feat: the Armored Savant ACF for Fighters in Dragon #355 allows you to treat armors as one category lighter for purposes of speed penalties (among other goodies). Couple that with a mithril full plate and you won't be hindered by it at all!

EDIT: There's a trait in UA that gives you a bonus to speed in exchange for -1 hp/level.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-03-18, 05:25 AM
Technically not a feat, but taken in place of a feat: the Armored Savant ACF for Fighters in Dragon #355 allows you to treat armors as one category lighter for purposes of speed penalties (among other goodies). Couple that with a mithril full plate and you won't be hindered by it at all!

EDIT: There's a trait in UA that gives you a bonus to speed in exchange for -1 hp/level.

This trait look like the only thing that I can get but 1HP per level look painful.

Thank you all, I needed the information you guys gave me.

noce
2017-03-18, 05:45 AM
Knight Unburdened is a Paladin/Blackguard spell from Forge of War, it lets you ignore speed penalty and lasts 1 hour/lvl.

Firechanter
2017-03-18, 06:58 AM
Yep was going to say the same thing. I'd try to get Knight Unburdened as continuous enhancement on my armour.
Personally I love the Quick trait, but would combine it with some other bonus (like the boots) to make it worthwhile.

zergling.exe
2017-03-18, 07:49 AM
If it doesn't have to be full plate (or even heavy armor really) the Psychoactive Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor is essentially light full plate with a +1 higher dexterity mod allowed.

Firechanter
2017-03-18, 08:33 AM
If it doesn't have to be full plate (or even heavy armor really) the Psychoactive Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor is essentially light full plate with a +1 higher dexterity mod allowed.

I don't remember exactly, but isn't there a snag? Like, you can't enhance it or something?

frogglesmash
2017-03-18, 09:52 AM
There's a simpler way to move at high speed in heavy armor, increase your base land speed.
If you take a Barbarian level, or buy Boots of Striding and Springing, you can move at 30 ft in full plate.
If you take both, you move at 35 ft in full plate.

The Barbarian's fast movement only works with medium or lighter armor so this doesn't work unless you have mithril full plate, or something similar.

zergling.exe
2017-03-18, 03:25 PM
I don't remember exactly, but isn't there a snag? Like, you can't enhance it or something?

I don't see why you couldn't. But you could always just use magic vestments to give enhancement bonuses to it and enhance a gnomish twist cloth for abilities.

AnachroNinja
2017-03-18, 06:45 PM
Be a Dwarf.

... What?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-03-19, 01:45 AM
Take one level of Binder and bind Aym to get the Dwarf racial ability to move at full speed when armored, along with 10 fire resistance, opponents that hit you in melee take 1d6 fire damage, improved sunder feat, and you deal double damage to objects.