PDA

View Full Version : Khyber's Vault IC Thread

Phantos_Argent
2017-03-18, 06:35 AM
You look around the ramshackle building, surreptitiously trying to inspect the others. A few had their notes out and were glancing back and forth nervously, possibly regretting coming at all. Vaskel had a knack for getting himself and everyone else in a 100 yard radius into trouble. For a few minutes no one speaks, as if just saying his name would have the city guard come crashing in. Finally, a strange looking warforged walks to the front of the room and sits on a dilapidated table, the aging legs creaking heavily under her? weight. Made in a female shape, most of her plating was gone completely and one of her arms ended in a nasty looking clawed branch.

When she speaks, her voice is calming and mature. "We're all her for what I suspect to be the same reason. I for one received a note from Vaskel, asking me to meet in this spot. He helped me a great deal, when I was... confused." At this the warforged glanced down, as if remembering something sad. "If any here are after the bounty I won't hold it against you, but no torture in the world is enough to make me betray him. With that out of the way, we need to find him before anyone else does. Does anyone have an idea on how to do that?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-18, 08:52 PM
Not quite sure... Red says, currently in the form of an Orcish woman. He always had a knack of being there when needed.

Shimeran
2017-03-19, 09:21 AM
Zumal nods, "I could try the diviner's arts, though I imagine were it that easy he'd be found already. Still, we may find a way to go provided we ask the right question."

Could we get a situational bonus to the ritual with a item the target once held? It's a common trope, but I don't want to presume.

On a side note, I'm thinking he probably picked up a cart to come here so he could pose as a merchant. Just laying that down in advance as I don't have that on the equipment list yet but it's likely what he would have picked up in a nearby city.

Edit: Also, is there a way to get an aid another type bonus on the divination ritual if it comes down to it. I think I've got a solid chance at finding a lead, but it's closer to 50/50 than I'd like.

JNAProductions
2017-03-19, 11:18 AM
Zumal nods, "I could try the diviner's arts, though I imagine were it that easy he'd be found already. Still, we may find a way to go provided we ask the right question."

Could we get a situational bonus to the ritual with a item the target once held? It's a common trope, but I don't want to presume.

On a side note, I'm thinking he probably picked up a cart to come here so he could pose as a merchant. Just laying that down in advance as I don't have that on the equipment list yet but it's likely what he would have picked up in a nearby city.

Edit: Also, is there a way to get an aid another type bonus on the divination ritual if it comes down to it. I think I've got a solid chance at finding a lead, but it's closer to 50/50 than I'd like.

We've only just arrived, friend. Let's wait at least a few minutes before we go tracking him down.

Phantos_Argent
2017-03-20, 10:52 AM

Very important items can help, but it has to be something deeply personal.

Cart's fine.

You can aid another on any spell check so long as both participants know the spell.

DukeGod
2017-03-20, 10:26 PM
Celelindra arrived at the orphanage with Mialee in tow. She moves to beside the table too and hurriedly the maid cleans one of the chairs of dust, then Celelindra seats

"I will stand with the warforged on this matter here. Vaskel helped me."