PDA

View Full Version : [3.p] Deciding on a character for "Arabian Samurai Jack" campaign

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-03-18, 04:01 PM
I'm playing in an upcoming game wherein the party will consist of surviving members of the initial (failed) resistance army against a powerful (and probably demonic) wizard in a Middle East-inspired fantasy setting. We already know that upon challenging the wizard with our magic weapons we will be flung into the future (where his evil is law!) but beyond that it's going to be a big sandbox hack-and-slash road trip to return to the past.

We're starting at level 7 with 20vpoimt buy, using Automatic Bonus Progression, Spheres of Power, and a houserule where feats with Improved, etc versions automatically scale up once you qualify. All Paizo, Dreamscarred Press, and Drop Dead Games material is allowed, as well as any 3.5 stuff without an equivalent option in PF. Guns will be a thing in the future, but we can't start with them.

We already have a Ranger with the wild shape variant and Shapeshifter archetype who plans on going into Arcane Archer, and two other players who aren't certain but are probably going to be a full caster and basic martial respectively.

So since the BBEG and one of my teammates are full casters I'd prefer not to play one, and I want to wield a weapon and hold my own in a fight (I've played a lot of pacifist characters recently, so a martial/battlefield commander would be a welcome change).

So, what would you recommend? So many options just means I've been jumping from one build to another, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what background/flavor to use for the setting.

The Glyphstone
2017-03-18, 06:35 PM
PoW Warlord with Golden Lion maneuvers would fit the battlefield-commander idea splendidly, as well as being a martial character itself. Your Ranger and other martial buddy will certainly appreciate the buffs you hand out.

Bard is a more castery option towards the same end, I think.

Elricaltovilla
2017-03-18, 09:41 PM
Jack himself is quite adequately represented by a Zweihander Sentinel Bushi Warder. I think you can also stack the ordained defender on there too but I'm not 100% sure on that since I'm on my phone.

You can use Mithral Current, Scarlet Throne and Golden Lion to cover his skills pretty well.