PDA

View Full Version : Something Fun, help me make the Master of the Hunt from Deities & Demigods

djreynolds
2017-03-19, 12:53 AM
He's from the Celtic myths, and I'm sorry but I cannot, all right I do not know how to post the picture. So if you can find it, please post

In the book he is a 15th level Ranger, I don't mind the idea of a beastmaster but I really like an "Evil" paladin of ancients... I just like how you start to take on aspect likes barkskin and so forth

Anyhow, I'm using this guy as an NPC element in my campaign. Not really an enemy

My idea is this guy/gal uses the remains of his kills as weapons and armor....

Whalebone spear/harpoon

Antlers used like weapons but no improvised stuff... maybe a class ability or spell that allows the Master to make weapons out of remains... like an Elk antler whittled into a falchion/scimitar, but he cannot use any crafted weapons

Sea Turtle Shield

Hide armor

Anyhow I like the ranger element, but I like actually some of the druid stuff out there, no shape changing.

Now the Master of the Hunt is in charge of a pack, it could be possible instead of having one 15th level wolf buddy to split that into say 3 or 5 wolves.

I don't want conjure animals, I like the idea of the Master instead using a lot of illusions, fear, and dreams to chase the party through a wooded forest, very maze like.

Can we spit ball here. I'm not to concerned about his attacks, I sense the Master has it as back up

I may create a druid type archetype that doesn't focus on shape change, I know the new ones are out there... just not my taste

The idea of the ranger being able to take wolf companion that is level 15, and have 3 level 5s or 5 level 3 wolf companions, and using lots of controlling spells and diversion stuff

djreynolds
2017-03-23, 12:58 AM
Sorry for the double post----------------

Do you remember the old deities and demigods, the Celtic Myth section had "The Hunt"

I want to design an enemy, beatable, but with stuff similar to the players.

The idea is to have a shifting forest maze and the players being hunted.

A lot of it, is just them trying to rest as I like to incorporate the dream spell and lots of illusions and psyche stuff.

The ranger base is fine, as is the beastmaster as the adversary needs to be able to concentrate but also control minions, so I thought I could split up a ranger's wolf into a pack instead.

The PCs have many solutions available and killing is only one of them. Befriending the wolves is an appropriate course of action, etc.

The reason I want to make the enemy PC like, is one of the PCs could take over the maze