PDA

View Full Version : Your BG2 character becomes a god at the end of the trilogy, who are they?

Eladrinblade
2017-03-19, 02:15 AM
Let's say your character beats ToB and chooses godhood; this is now canon. In 3.5 rules, who is this new faerunian god and what are they all about? Domains? Favored weapon? Dogma?

Which character? I beat it several times!

Your favorite one, ya dummy.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-03-19, 02:22 AM
Human, dual-classed Fighter (Berserker) 9/ Mage 20-something (max level), TWF with the Axe of the Unyielding (vorpal) and Angurvadal (flaming longsword).

In 3.5, he would be some sort of Barbarian-Gish build, still using TWF despite it being mechanically inferior. As the Lord of Murder, his boundless rage would know no mercy.

Calthropstu
2017-03-19, 02:24 AM
That's funny because I am, quite literally, playing it through again (wtf is with draconis and his infinite summons?)
I am playing a CG character with 20 reputation. My domains would probably be Chaos, Good, Fire and Trickery. (whee sorcerer)

Btw, you do know that BG2 uses the 2e ruleset not 3.5 right?

Zombimode
2017-03-19, 02:31 AM

I'm pretty sure that he does know this. I think what he is asking for is to describe the god in 3.5 terms.

Eladrinblade
2017-03-19, 02:33 AM

Oh really? I played through the whole series and never noticed. :smalltongue:

Calthropstu
2017-03-19, 02:33 AM
I'm pretty sure that he does know this. I think what he is asking for is to describe the god in 3.5 terms.

Fair enough.

Eladrinblade
2017-03-19, 02:48 AM
In 3.5, he would be some sort of Barbarian-Gish build, still using TWF despite it being mechanically inferior. As the Lord of Murder, his boundless rage would know no mercy.

I'm looking for stuff like this:

http://i66.tinypic.com/f3hqph.png

plus favored weapon

T.G. Oskar
2017-03-19, 03:03 AM
That's funny because I am, quite literally, playing it through again (wtf is with draconis and his infinite summons?)
I am playing a CG character with 20 reputation. My domains would probably be Chaos, Good, Fire and Trickery. (whee sorcerer)

Well, Vecna exists since 1e/2e, and he became a god with proper 3.5 rules, so the idea is that CHARNAME became a god of the Faerunian pantheon, thus he'd need to be translated to 3.5 rules (arguably the ones that still stat deities, although Tiamat is apparently statted in one of the 5e adventures, so YMMV).

While I haven't finished yet, it's most likely it'll be a max level LG Paladin character, with a Bastard Sword as a favored weapon. Pretty straightforward domains, being Law and Good, then most likely War and Protection. Now, how to work the Cavalier kit rules (bonuses against dragons and fiends, can't use ranged weapons, etc.) aside from a Prestige Class that isn't the Cavalier PrC (Knight of the Chalice?)... He'd be a lesser deity at most, probably sponsored by the trinity of gods, and wouldn't do much...and that'd be fine, actually. Having Murder as part of the portfolio, but nothing related to it, means he'd be the very specific god of protection against murders and assassinations - given that he survived a few attempts himself, he'd be loathed by assassins worldwide, and his clergy would go all out against assassins' guilds.

khadgar567
2017-03-19, 03:16 AM
Welp this is a great question mate so
khadgar the lord of harems
favorite weapon none
home plane scarlet citadel
domains war love lust law and evil

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-03-19, 11:33 AM
I'm looking for stuff like this

Biffoniacus
Title(s): The Furious, The Slayer, Lord of Murder
Home plane: The Abyss
Power level: Intermediate (Bhaal's former power level)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Portfolio: Assassination, murder, violence (those are what Bhaal had, and what you inherit, you can't take from other gods' portfolios)
Domains: Chaos, Death, Destruction, Retribution, Spell
Superior: None
Favored Weapon: Battleaxe

Eladrinblade
2017-03-19, 06:08 PM
Didn't cyric take over bhaal's portfolio? He didn't have the exact same one.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-03-19, 06:40 PM
Didn't cyric take over bhaal's portfolio? He didn't have the exact same one.

Cyric added Bhaal's stuff to his own, but the Bhaalspawn would only be able to take what Bhaal originally had. I was going with what's officially listed for Bhaal in 3.5, as that's what his heir would take over for that edition.

ATHATH
2017-03-19, 07:01 PM
The Witch of Candlekeep, NE Druid X, god of Murder and Exploitation

I may have had to murder a few people occasionally in BG 1 to keep my reputation down... Stupid desire for happy endings...

MintyThe1st
2017-03-19, 08:44 PM
Kilj'Eaual
Title(s): The Annihilator, Great Destroyer, God of Destruction,
Home plane: The Abyss
Power level: Greater
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Domains: Chaos, Destruction, strength, War
Favored Weapon: Unarmed Strike

Calthropstu
2017-03-19, 10:22 PM
I am changing my answer.

I reject godhood and give my bhaal essence to the true main character of the trilogy:

Boo.

Eladrinblade
2017-03-19, 10:26 PM
Aerowyn
Gorion's Ward, "the Bhaalspawn", The Bladesinger
Arvandor
Intermediate
Chaotic Good
Assassination, Murder, Violence (what do CG heroes do most of the time, really?)
Chaos, Elf, Good, Magic, War
Longsword (Angurvadal*)
Worshippers: not racially aligned (isn't part of the seldarine)

Finally a CG martially-aligned god of freedom for adventurer's to choose (that isn't specific to any pantheon)!

*honorable mention to The Blade of Roses

Thurbane
2017-03-19, 11:14 PM
This thread is a great example of why over-reliance on acronyms causes confusion.

I read the first post, and was wondering "How exactly does a character 'beat' the Tome of Battle"? And what does all of this have to do with Brilliant Gameologists?

weckar
2017-03-20, 04:44 AM
I also like that you refer to BG2 and a trilogy. So what is it; 2 or 3 games?

Mystral
2017-03-20, 04:55 AM
Well, you have to end up as the god of murder, you basically inherit the portfolio.

Calthropstu
2017-03-20, 05:15 AM
Well, you have to end up as the god of murder, you basically inherit the portfolio.

Actually, no. In the game if you become a god and are good you become a good god, not the god of murder.

Which makes sense because there's a point in the game where you have to make several tests to stay good. If you fail, you immediately become evil.