PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for a Rogue/Cleric Build

Palanan
2017-03-19, 12:21 PM
I’m looking for ideas on a rogue/cleric, who was “redeemed” from a life of crime to serve a morally ambiguous higher power. He preaches, ministers to his flock, and backstabs heretics whenever necessary.

I’d like the focus to be on deception and sneak attack, and I’d prefer the build to come online as early as possible, around second or third level. No psionics or ToB, but all other official 3.5 and Paizo content is on the table.

Venger
2017-03-19, 12:30 PM
I’m looking for ideas on a rogue/cleric, who was “redeemed” from a life of crime to serve a morally ambiguous higher power. He preaches, ministers to his flock, and backstabs heretics whenever necessary.

I’d like the focus to be on deception and sneak attack, and I’d prefer the build to come online as early as possible, around second or third level. No psionics or ToB, but all other official 3.5 and Paizo content is on the table.

black flame zealot is nominally intended for cleric/rogue, but it kind of sucks.

shadowbane inquisitor fits your concept quite well and is a fun interesting class. it sets you up nicely for blackguard if spells aren't super important to you, since it sounds like your emphasis is on melee.

gorfnab
2017-03-19, 05:20 PM
The Giant himself, Rich Burlew, created this prestige class for Rogue/Cleric builds: Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?172910-Articles-Previously-Appearing-on-GiantITP-com&p=9623145#post9623145)

Also the feat Sacred Outlaw (Drg #357) stacks Rogue and Cleric levels to determine sneak attack damage.

Palanan
2017-03-20, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Venger
shadowbane inquisitor fits your concept quite well and is a fun interesting class.

I hadn’t been thinking about PrCs in particular, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Originally Posted by gorfnab
Also the feat Sacred Outlaw (Drg #357) stacks Rogue and Cleric levels to determine sneak attack damage.

Sacred Outlaw is absolutely perfect here, thanks for reminding me.

I’m also thinking Craven could be useful, especially at lower levels where this build will start out. At third level, Craven will give an extra +3 to each sneak attack, which seems reasonable for the level.

Any other feats that would be helpful, especially around third level? This will be human, so the bonus feat is in play.