PDA

View Full Version : Best arcane fusion combos

daremetoidareyo
2017-03-19, 03:07 PM
I'm working on choosing spells for a build and I think that I may be missing some sweet combos for a sorcerer with arcane fusion.

Arcane fusion is a 5th level spell that allows you cast two spells (one 1st and one 4th) at once in a one-two combo. This build has sanctum spell so we have some latitude (using 2nd or 5th level spells).

I'm specifically trying to find some good synergy with crystalline memories, translocation trick, and call of stone, but what else to do ya'll think?

flappeercraft
2017-03-19, 03:51 PM
Sanctum Arcane Fusion and Magic Missile. Infinite Force damage, autokills everything that is not immune to force, immune to magic missiles or that has Spell resistance that the one who cast this cannot beat.

daremetoidareyo
2017-03-19, 04:04 PM
Sanctum Arcane Fusion and Magic Missile. Infinite Force damage, autokills everything that is not immune to force, immune to magic missiles or that has Spell resistance that the one who cast this cannot beat.

That's cheezy.

:)

flappeercraft
2017-03-19, 04:05 PM
That's cheezy.

:)

That's the point

Anthrowhale
2017-03-19, 04:36 PM
This build has sanctum spell so we have some latitude (using 2nd or 5th level spells).

This doesn't actually work. Sanctum changes the level of the spell effect while arcane fusion operates off the level of the casting slot (which sanctum does not change).

I like Twin Easy[Twin] Invisible Arcane Fusion with Arcane Thesis[Arcane Fusion] although the feat tax is obviously high.

ayvango
2017-03-19, 09:17 PM
Arcane Fusion was errated to consider spell slot level instead of spell level.

barakaka
2017-03-19, 11:11 PM
Can't really think of a combo right now besides Black Tentacles and Silent Image for a blanket of perfect blackness or stone walls around the area of the tentacles. Now they're kinda trapped, but they can't make the Will save until they interact with the wall. If they're mindless or weak of will, they may not attempt to leave the tentacles at all as they're under the assumption they're boxed in.

Also, Suffer the Flesh deserves a mention here because it sets you up really well for a nova round.

rel
2017-03-20, 01:47 AM
truestrike + orb of force
truecast + enervation

daremetoidareyo
2017-03-20, 07:50 AM
Arcane Fusion was errated to consider spell slot level instead of spell level.

Thanks for the guidance. I'll find a way to add midnight metamagic

ayvango
2017-03-21, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the guidance.
You are welcome. I personally always preferred to play wizards rather than sorcerers, and was very surprised when read the Arcane Fusion wording first time. Repeated Sanctum spell immediately come to my mind. I felt disappointed and relieved at the same time, when found errata on that spell.

Gruftzwerg
2017-03-21, 10:40 PM
Besides from some heavy combos, buffing at the start of combat comes into my mind.

Haste (for all) + Enlarge Person (for the melee tank/dps)
A would be a strong early combo to start a fight.

or another strong opening option would be:

Haste + Color Spray
Color Spray gets a free Heightening to 5th lvl ( = DC 15 + Cha-mod and not 11 + Cha-mod). Even at later lvls (enemy lvl > 5) when it only does a stun for 1 round, it's great. Your teammates are hasted and your enemies are denied an entire turn. WinWin imho.

If your teammates are all ranged you might prefer:

Grease + Web
Most mundane enemies will have a hard time to pass this combo.