PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PFS] Build direction for my Bloodrager

CigarPete
2017-03-19, 09:08 PM
As the title indicates, this is for PFS play.

I've a level 4 Aberrant bloodline Bloodrager that just hit level 5 last night and would love some feedback or suggestions on the path I am contemplating.

Race is Ganzi, current stats are 16Str/16Dex/16Con/8Int/8Wis/12Cha. Feats are Combat Reflexes, Raging Vitality and taking Power Attack as my 5th level feat.

Normal play is using a Lucerne hammer (chosen because of the d12 damage dice) and using my now 15ft reach (20 ft when I use Long Arm) for tripping and/or smacking people when they try to move.

My current plan is to take 1 level in Brawler for Improved Unarmed Strike(preventing any need to drop the hammer) and Martial Flexibility and then I think I'll either go into Oracle(Battle) or maybe Paladin or even Barbarian. I'm not seeing a huge draw in taking more Bloodrager levels.

Geddy2112
2017-03-20, 04:04 PM
I assume you want improved trip from the brawler dip, hence needing the brawler's cunning for INT 13/ combat expertise? You could take dirty fighting, as it counts as combat expertise and int 13 for other combat feats. Having your unarmed strike as a backup up close is meh, and at higher levels things with DR will eat most of it. You are better off taking a 5 foot step and then striking-hopefully with combat reflexes nothing survives getting near you. I would suggest just getting spiked armor, as it does as much damage as the unarmed strike and covers you for most situations.

Paladin would be good if your charisma was higher, mainly to get CHA to saves and some swift action healing. However, I don't think it is all that important. Oracle is good for more casting focus, particularly some buffs. However, I think you are best off staying in bloodrager as is. The abberrant bloodline gives a lot of great immunites and the staggering critical DC scales from your bloodrager level. At level 11(high for PFS) being able to cast a spell on yourself when you start the bloodrage is incredible.

The most important spell you need besides long arm is enlarge person, at which point you threaten entire combats. At level 11 you can get both off in the same turn and be god.

Kurald Galain
2017-03-20, 08:46 PM
Vital Strike is pretty good on a build like this, and with reach like this, going for Improved Trip + Greater Trip is good. Since you'll be raging a lot, barbarian rage powers are a good deal, notably Superstition and maybe Spell Sunder. I'm not really seeing the point of Paladin here, and as you say extra bloodrager levels don't do a whole lot for you.

Otherwise, I recommend any casting class and the Mad Magic feat.

CigarPete
2017-03-20, 09:14 PM
Vital Strike is pretty good on a build like this, and with reach like this, going for Improved Trip + Greater Trip is good. Since you'll be raging a lot, barbarian rage powers are a good deal, notably Superstition and maybe Spell Sunder. I'm not really seeing the point of Paladin here, and as you say extra bloodrager levels don't do a whole lot for you.

Otherwise, I recommend any casting class and the Mad Magic feat.

That works perfectly, and it's a combat feat so I can grab it with Martial Flexibility until I hit 7th and can take it. Thanks!