PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need help kill off my DMPC. I'm am the DM

Sir cryosin
2017-03-20, 08:56 AM
So my part of three barbarian, fighter, cleric/wizard. On a previous mission saved and took under there wing twin sisters. I had planned on having one kill off when she went to get her parents body's back from a Oni. But the clezard keep healing her and they all go out safely. And stuff happen now party has two npc one played by me and other played by PC's in combat. I wanted to have a npc to tag along with the party for a support because it a 3 person party but they kepted both MVPs live. Im having a hard time remembering to roll play both npc's. And I didn't intend to give them two. So now the party is leaving a town and will be traveling I was thinking they run into something or something's and in the chaos one of the twins dies and the other one awakens her psionic abilities. I could use y'all help building this encounter so that the clezard can't save the one twin from dying.

Maxilian
2017-03-20, 09:06 AM
You know, also having the NPC get their own reason to leave, maybe one of the twin sister wants to look for what is left of her family, while the other wants to "Pay the party for all the help they have given to them".

Note: Also for the encounter planned, why not make the Twins the same entity and she actually awakens her Psionic powers when she becomes... "whole" again. (How does she become whole once again depends on you)

Human Paragon 3
2017-03-20, 09:10 AM
I agree with above poster. NPCs are people with their own motivations. Just give her a reason to leave.

Sir cryosin
2017-03-20, 09:45 AM
I'm drawing a blank on a reason for one to leave and the other to stay. The reason the party (by the way party's lv4 NPCs stay one lv behind PC's and I do mile stones so no exp stealing) is leaving the town is because most of the party go arrested and broke out of jail and the twins are illegal refugees and are being deported back to their home country. ( There's hole political, country laws and other stuff going on don't want or need to get into that here) The thing is the twins don't have any family or any money.

Hole the phone I think I thought of something that could work here.

So as there are on there way back to there home country. One of the twins start talking to another group of Adventures. They all hit it off and when they get to the other country she ask if the PC party can look after her sister while she gos off with the other adventurers. So that I don't have to kill her off. And gives me more opportunities down the road for Quest and Adventure hooks. So I have one more problem to take care of and that finding a cool way to have the other npc awaken her psionic abilities. Any ideas on this one y'all?

P.S thanks for helping me see other opportunities. this helped a lot.

Maxilian
2017-03-20, 10:44 AM
The Psyonic magic awakening, could be done by the effect of a spell, or maybe because of the interaction with certain artifact.

Note: Also... after the party gets attached to her..... MAKE HER A BOSS! :smallbiggrin: