PDA

View Full Version : Help with cool components for a special resurrection

Ashuan21
2017-03-20, 09:43 AM
Hello everyone, I'm DMing a homebrew adventure at the moment and I need the help of the forum!

A ritual exists to recreate the soul (which risked to be shattered) of a dead Necromancer, it was created by the Necromancer himself and taught to his "apprentice".

Which components do you think would be appropriate for such a ritual, a ritual of soul regenaration?
I don't need anything too hard to retrieve (it should take one or two sessions to find everything, the important thing is the magic verbal formula), what's important is that the components should feel appropriate and cool... and I have no idea of what could be included in such a ritual!!

Thank you for any help :)

Dman
2017-03-20, 09:52 AM
how long ago did the necromancer die. was he killed by someone/something/natural causes

if it was a someone then prehaps the blood of that someone, and then a bone of a corpse he reanimated/created. Having his original body would help too

Ashuan21
2017-03-20, 10:20 AM
The Necromancer was slayed 450 years ago by a God-Hero with its legendary weapon.

Unfortunately neither the Necromancer's body nor its slayer's can be reached anyhow :/ other ideas?
Components fron creatures with regenerative abilities?

Dman
2017-03-20, 10:39 AM
does the weapon still exist, maybe its on display somewhere. if not they can fight/kidnap a decendant of the hero use their body as part of the ritual

Addaran
2017-03-20, 11:42 AM
A fresh intact body, preferably fresh which will become the necro's old body.

Depending on the lvl of the players
-brain of a ghoul
-flesh from a still animated zombie (so they have to subdue it, not just destroy)
-finger bones of a squeletton
- "bandages" from a mummy
-other undeady stuff

Fishyninja
2017-03-20, 01:26 PM
I feel any necomatic ritual must at least at half a pint of the blood of the innocent.
10 knuckle bones.
A pinch of human hair
2 cloves of garlic.

Add flour, need, coat in oil and bake.....

Now I think I know why my cakes do not work.

Ashuan21
2017-03-20, 05:10 PM
I feel any necomatic ritual must at least at half a pint of the blood of the innocent.
10 knuckle bones.
A pinch of human hair
2 cloves of garlic.

Add flour, need, coat in oil and bake.....

Now I think I know why my cakes do not work.

:smallbiggrin: Oh my... :smallbiggrin:

Yes the weapon is still around!! It may need to be destroyed during the ritual...
Yeah blood seems to be a must, and probably some undead related components are required as well!
But this is going to be a high level ritual, so at least one ingredient must be a "breathtaking" one... Feathers from a phoenix came to my mind right now, something symbolizing rebirth! What else has a rebirth?

Flashy
2017-03-20, 05:13 PM
The head and hand of the necromancer from a dimension where he never died?

Requires a particular sort of campaign though.

Fishyninja
2017-03-22, 01:11 PM
:smallbiggrin: Oh my... :smallbiggrin:

Yes the weapon is still around!! It may need to be destroyed during the ritual...
Yeah blood seems to be a must, and probably some undead related components are required as well!
But this is going to be a high level ritual, so at least one ingredient must be a "breathtaking" one... Feathers from a phoenix came to my mind right now, something symbolizing rebirth! What else has a rebirth?

Not rebirth but some ideas for legendary ites:
Unicorn Blood.
Unicorn Horn.
Feather of an Aasamir.

Some cool Items:
Eye of a Beholder/Nothic.
Lich Ichor.
Hag Teeth