PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas on how to proceed with a Final Fantasy Ivalice Alliance RPG

Black Barth
2017-03-20, 01:45 PM
Hello, long time GM, first time thinking on doing really seriously (but non-profit for copyright reasons, just for fun).

Currently I'm working in a game for the Ivalice Alliance Settings from Final Fantasy Series (Final Fantasy XII, Revenant Wings, Tactics: War of the Lions, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2 and Vagrant Story). The idea is to assemble most of the similar mechanics of each setting while different mechanics will be assigned to specific supplements for each game.

But during the process I'm still unsure what should be the most appropriated way to handle the mechanics that possibly would be more pleasant to players and GMs.

On your opinion would you rather see a system tailored specific to Final Fantasy Games of those settings (with Stats up to 99, percentage rolls) or an adaptation or at least similar to a more familiar system (such as D&D, Cypher System, FAGE) but with the FF dressing (Magick instead of Wisdom, Mind instead of Intelligence, Jobs instead of classes, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Knaight
2017-03-20, 01:50 PM
I'd go with a tailored system, but that doesn't mean transferring the existing system to tabletop format. What works on a computer and what works when the math is done by people in the moment frequently don't line up too well, so that tends to mean that you'll want to build to the concepts behind the system more than the precise mechanics of it.

Bruno Carvalho
2017-03-21, 04:50 PM
Heya Black Barth!

I'm in the middle of writing a FFT Worldbook for my own Final Fantasy RPG (http://www.reddit.com/r/ffrpg). Won't you join forces with me? I'd love to give and receive help.