PDA

View Full Version : You Were A God... [IC]

JNAProductions
2017-03-20, 05:03 PM
Ah, Olympus. Home, at least in the mortal realms. How has it changed, you wonder, in the time gone by...

You appear in a public restroom. It's a [roll0] 1) men's or 2) women's restroom. The toilets are clean, and highly advanced compared to the holes your people were using long ago, but you've gleaned enough knowledge to know what it is, at least. There are a few occupied stalls, but no one seems to have noticed your arrival, or at least not made much note of it. Long gone are the days of thunder and storms, now, a simple quiet flash of light heralds your arrival.

However, one of the people in the stalls does say "Hey, who's got the light? Can you not?"

2017-03-20, 05:18 PM
"Apologies, my good man! Not to worry, we shall be out of your hair soon enough."

redfeline
2017-03-21, 10:14 AM
Why are you on Olympus? Rhythm asks the mortal. 'Then again I am now mortal, should I be up here myself?' Rhythm steps out of her stall.

JNAProductions
2017-03-21, 11:04 AM
"Do you mind? I'm trying to take a dump here. Go ask the info booth if you care."

redfeline
2017-03-22, 10:23 AM
What is the info booth?

JNAProductions
2017-03-22, 11:27 AM
"I am trying to poop here! And you sound like a woman! Just leave me alone!" the man in the stall says.

Morcleon
2017-03-23, 05:25 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

Looking on the scene with confusion and bemusement, Serena sighs softly. "My apologies. We shall be leaving you to do your business in peace then."

"Now then, why did I get dragged back here...?" With a confused frown, she slowly walks out of the bathroom, taking one last look at the strange addition to her old home.

JNAProductions
2017-03-23, 09:03 PM
Outside is a bustling atrium, with various signs pointing in many different directions. They read, in several different languages, "Lobby 1", "Lobby 2", so on and so forth. People are moving about, most carrying suitcases of some sort or another. It's mostly adults, but there are a few children amongst the crowds.

In the corner is a man dressed in a robe, railing on in a high voice, shouting "Repent! Repent, ye sinners, for the time is nigh!"

Morcleon
2017-03-23, 11:42 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

Looking briefly around for any sort of desk (probably with information written nearby), Serena wanders over to the loud man and smiles at him. "Excuse me, but why exactly is the end nigh?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-24, 12:02 AM
"The gods are coming! Their holy wrath will purge the unclean! Give up your worldly possessions, and embrace the peace of true nature!" he says, shouting despite being a few feet away.

redfeline
2017-03-24, 10:32 AM
Rhythm steps out into the Lobby with her fellow goddess. She spots the many children in her home and frowns. When did so many child gods come to exist?

"The gods are coming! Their holy wrath will purge the unclean! Give up your worldly possessions, and embrace the peace of true nature!"

Wait this is the home of the gods, how are the gods coming if we are already here?

JNAProductions
2017-03-24, 01:26 PM
"What?" the man says, quiet(er) for once. "You are no god. The gods are mighty, and will tear down this decadent civilization!"

2017-03-24, 02:07 PM
"What?" the man says, quiet(er) for once. "You are no god. The gods are mighty, and will tear down this decadent civilization!"

"Why? Legitimately asking, what are this civilization's flaws that are worth tearing the whole thing down and starting anew?"

redfeline
2017-03-24, 04:47 PM
I agree. It takes a lot of time and energy to tear down a civilization so unless it is a big crime no sell. Although I am a little annoyed you guys moved into our home, I think we will need a new one. Rhythm thinks for a moment considering some possible locations.

JNAProductions
2017-03-24, 09:18 PM
"What?" he says, then thinks a moment.

"HERETICS!" he shouts, pointing a slightly shaking finger at the two of you. "BLASPHEMERS! WHEN THE GODS RETURN, YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE SMOTE BY THEIR DIVINE WRATH!"

A few security guards sigh, putting their coffee down and approaching the man.

2017-03-24, 09:23 PM
"What?" he says, then thinks a moment.

"HERETICS!" he shouts, pointing a slightly shaking finger at the two of you. "BLASPHEMERS! WHEN THE GODS RETURN, YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE SMOTE BY THEIR DIVINE WRATH!"

A few security guards sigh, putting their coffee down and approaching the man.

"Heretic? I asked what seemed a fairly simple question about humanity's crimes. How are people supposed to know what to do differently to appease the gods if you won't tell them what unspeakable crimes have put them on that divine hit list?"

redfeline
2017-03-28, 10:29 AM
Well this is dull. Have I been awakened just to be put back to sleep by this odd conversation? Rhythm pauses for a moment. We need some sort of priest to find out what is going on here. That said I'd rather not destroy the world and start again.

JNAProductions
2017-03-28, 10:49 AM
The guards come over, and two of them start to lead the man away. He resists, and they sigh, forcibly grabbing him and pulling him away.

The last of the three guards turns to the group, saying "Sorry about that-we get crazies every once in a while. Damn Luddites... Anyway, you guys look a little lost. Where's your flight going?"

redfeline
2017-03-29, 10:26 AM
Are we flying? Rhythm considers a flying mountain as their new home, it would look impressive and stop any full from climbing it but wouldn't it just look like a flying island at that point.

I suppose we would like to visit a temple of some sorts. Do you have that serves all the gods?

Morcleon
2017-03-29, 03:46 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

"A temple would be nice. I want to learn more about what the world is like, yeah." Serena nods slowly, smiling softly to Rhythm. She looks over at the guard and asks, "Oh, where's the 'info desk'?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-29, 09:29 PM
The guard looks a bit confused, but says "Right... No, Olympus is not flying. The info desk is right around that corner-just take a left. And don't cause trouble, hear?"

Morcleon
2017-04-01, 07:20 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

"Of course! Wouldn't dream of it." Serena gives the guard a dazzling smile and heads off in the direction of the info desk, beckon her fellow deities to follow.

JNAProductions
2017-04-01, 10:46 PM
Over at the info booth, a polite-looking woman is sitting behind the desk. Her smile seems fake-plastered on-but she does say "How may I help you folks?"

redfeline
2017-04-02, 09:28 AM
We are looking for places we can get information about history and religion very quickly. Rhythm smiles back at the infodesk.

JNAProductions
2017-04-02, 09:31 AM
"Google it," the info lady says. "I'm here for information of the spaceport-I'm not a history teacher."

Morcleon
2017-04-02, 04:36 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

"Ah, could you point us to a place where we can 'Google it' then?" Serena asks hesitantly, trying her best (and failing) to understand the strange word.

JNAProductions
2017-04-02, 09:31 PM
"..."

The lady looks at you like you're a touch dense.

"Right... I think that-"

Then, there is an explosion. Three men charge through the rubble and smoke, one shouting "DOWN ON THE GROUND! NOBODY MOVE!" and all brandishing guns.

People obey. What do you do?

Roll initiative. They're about 50' away, and the path is considered difficult terrain to get to them since there's lots of people on the ground. There is ample cover available.

redfeline
2017-04-04, 09:45 AM
[roll0] [roll1] advantage from primal path
I can act in the surprise round if I rage, but I don't plan to do that. So let me know when I can go.

Rhythm quickly recovers from her surprise and readies herself for anything

JNAProductions
2017-04-04, 09:49 AM
The men, having blown their way in, are the first to react to the explosion. They target the only three people left standing-the gods.

Shots at Rhythm: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Shots at Serena: [roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Shots at AV: [roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

And your guys's go.

Morcleon
2017-04-04, 04:22 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

Leaning to the side as the strange fire-spitting staffs shot at her, Serana frowns. "Hmph. Looks like Olympus' security has really fallen by the wayside if this sort of thing is happening."

She gestures in the direction of the three with her hand, and clenches her fist. A swirl of water in the air begins to form around them before rapidly expanding into a massive ball of water to surround them.

Action: Cast Watery Sphere around the three gunmen. DC 19 Str save or be retrained and engulfed by the water.

redfeline
2017-04-05, 10:19 AM
Rhythm rubs her ears after the loud bangs Agreed. She dashes over to the trio seemingly ignoring the debris. She draws her axe and stops 15 feet behind them. If you three continue this we will eject you from our home... I mean from the space port.

Using a dash action, with the mobile feat Rhythm ignores difficult terrain. So up to 100 feet of movement, she travels around there threatened area if she can.

JNAProductions
2017-04-05, 12:43 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Saves for the gunmen.

They kinda gurgle a little bit, being surrounded by water.

2017-04-06, 09:43 PM
Chrexis stares down the intruders, as their odd projectiles bounce uselessly off his massive chest. Without a word, he brings out his humongous axe - not attacking, but getting a good grip should he need to swing it.

Morcleon
2017-04-06, 09:54 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

Walking up to the now disabled gunmen, Serena gives them a bright smile full of steel. She beckons the sphere toward her and pushes the currents around to bring them closer to the surface of the water. "Now that we've all calmed down, why don't you drop your weapons? Otherwise, I won't let you out."

Deception (to convince them that she can keep this sphere up all day if necessary): [roll0]

JNAProductions
2017-04-07, 08:52 AM
Wisdom check. [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

DC 18 to keep their nerve-they CANNOT pass the insight check.

They drop their guns. The weapons fall slowly through the water, before plopping out and clattering to the ground.

Their faces are pale and nervous.

redfeline
2017-04-07, 10:27 AM
Rhythm looks at the weapons. She wasn't sure those had been weapons but blowing up a wall and that loud noise was very rude. It was bad enough to have all these mortals in her home. She takes her axe and tries to shatter the strange devices.

Not sure what to roll but I assume attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

JNAProductions
2017-04-07, 10:29 AM
Three guns, three attacks. [roll0]
[roll1]

We're out of combat now (Good job, guys!) so don't feel restrained by the combat round.

Oh, and everyone gain 100 XP.

Three fell strikes later, and the guns are in pieces. The security guards slowly begin to rise, hands on the rods holstered at their waists.

One of them says "Right... Um... Let them out, so I can manacle them."

Morcleon
2017-04-08, 10:31 AM
Serena Mistbreaker

Snapping her fingers, Serena lowers the sphere to the ground before cancelling the magic on it, dropping the three to the ground. Ignoring the guards momentarily, she walks over to the gunmen and begins rifling through their pockets to see if there was anything interesting. Regardless of her finds, she stands back up and smiles to the guards. "Of course. They're all yours."

JNAProductions
2017-04-08, 01:22 PM
Serena finds a small amount of cash and one set of keys. Other than that, nothing-they traveled light.

The guards come forward, nervously, and begin to secure the gunmen. One of them approaches Serena, saying "Um... Can we talk to you and your group? Somewhere privately?"

redfeline
2017-04-08, 11:02 PM
If you wouldn't mind answering some questions for us, we would be happy to return the favor. Just don't ask a bunch of things you don't want to know. 'How will I die.' 'What is Kord like.' Yeah none of those questions please.

Morcleon
2017-04-11, 08:43 PM
Serena Mistbreaker

"Of course. I too would prefer no questions about the nature of the world and such. They are things best not known to mortals." Serena smiles at the guards and follows them to wherever they may take her.