PDA

View Full Version : [PF] What happened to the Guided enchantment?

Slipperychicken
2017-03-20, 06:50 PM
I've been looking for the "Guided" weapon enchantment (it substitutes wis for tohit and damage), but all the links I found for it were broken.

Does anyone know what happened to it? Did it get renamed, flat-out banned, or lost to the depths of the internet? Where can I find its text online?

Zanos
2017-03-20, 06:55 PM
It's still on the Archives. (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Guided)

Slipperychicken
2017-03-20, 07:00 PM
Ah, I found that site, but I had assumed it was like a dndwiki or someone's blog. I did not realize that was official.

Thanks!

Rynjin
2017-03-20, 07:05 PM
Ah, I found that site, but I had assumed it was like a dndwiki or someone's blog. I did not realize that was official.

Thanks!

It's not official, but it's a database like any other. It gives the source, which is the reason you can't find it easily: It's a weapon property made for Paizo's second Adventure Path (Curse of the Crimson Throne, I believe?) which was still 3.5. When they made Pathfinder they deigned not to reprint the ability, apparently finding it too strong.

Slipperychicken
2017-03-20, 09:08 PM
It's not official, but it's a database like any other. It gives the source, which is the reason you can't find it easily: It's a weapon property made for Paizo's second Adventure Path (Curse of the Crimson Throne, I believe?) which was still 3.5. When they made Pathfinder they deigned not to reprint the ability, apparently finding it too strong.

Which is strange, because it used to be on d20pfsrd long enough for multiple guides and posters to link to it

Zanos
2017-03-21, 07:56 AM
Which is strange, because it used to be on d20pfsrd long enough for multiple guides and posters to link to it
d20pfsrd often has content that was made for 3.5. That site isn't in any way official.

Xethik
2017-03-21, 10:43 AM
Fwiw, Guided was created in the 3.5 era. When the adventure it was printed in was updated for Pathfinder, the enchantment was left behind.

Red Fel
2017-03-21, 01:18 PM
I've been looking for the "Guided" weapon enchantment (it substitutes wis for tohit and damage), but all the links I found for it were broken.

Does anyone know what happened to it? Did it get renamed, flat-out banned, or lost to the depths of the internet? Where can I find its text online?

It sort of got broken up across a pair of feats - Guided Hand (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/guided-hand/) and Guided Hand (Mythic) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/guided-hand-mythic/). The former is Wis to attack, the latter to damage. So that's a thing, at least.

Ssalarn
2017-03-21, 03:04 PM

As others have noted, Guided was never a Pathfinder option; it was printed in a 3.5 adventure path back before there was a Pathfinder rules set. Paizo never chose to bring the enhancement forward, and actually trimmed it out of the AP when they updated it to Pathfinder.