PDA

View Full Version : And Then A Skeleton Popped Out: Carrion Crown, GiTP Edition

Rynjin
2017-03-20, 09:50 PM
Picking up where we left off last time, you lurk in the belly of this dastardly tailor's shop, where you've found a mysterious statue that was once a man...

Idiot Cube
2017-03-20, 10:03 PM
Jones starts to think the statue looks familiar...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rynjin
2017-03-20, 10:58 PM
While you don't know the specific person, you do know from their armor that they were part of the Shining Crusade in the last battle against Tar-Baphon. The face bears a striking resemblance to one in the tapestry as well.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-20, 11:13 PM
"This is definitely one of the knights of the Shining Crusade. An important one, judging by the tapestry. We should find a cleric who can cast Restoration on him, and quickly."

Aldizog
2017-03-21, 08:20 AM
It is also easy to see that the figure has large feathery wings, folded in against its back beneath its cloak.

DualJay
2017-03-21, 09:32 AM
What's left to clear in this building?

"Yeah, but let's make sure this building is clear first."

Sledge tests the statue to see about how much it weighs.

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 01:01 PM
About 225 lbs.

DualJay
2017-03-21, 02:47 PM
How inconvenient.
"Alright, we'll have to bring a cleric here. Too risky to carry that, just in case it gets smashes. Unless we have a scroll of restoration?"

How are we going to do party funds? A shared google doc, maybe?

Sledge heads back out and checks the last of the three rooms.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-21, 04:02 PM
Jones takes a defensive position behind Sledge as he searches the room.

Perception take 10: 44, plus 1d6+2

What the hell?

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 06:35 PM
There's nothing else in this room, unless it's hidden so well that mortal eyes could never hope to find it. All that's in the next room is a tunnel, stretching deep into infinite blackness. From the stench, you suspect it also leads into infinite brown-ness as well, and potentially back into the vampires' underground lair.

There are still parts you haven't explored in this place, and this leads out.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-21, 06:52 PM
We explore what we haven't explored. Jones keeps taking 10 on perception.

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 10:40 PM
The next room over contains more coffins.

Stake and bake as before?

You have been contracted by the Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye to track down a nest of vampires in the city. Specifically, you have been told to do so before a group of independent contractors does so first.

You track them back to a tailor's shop after following multiple leads, but when you arrive the door has already been blown inward, and an eerie silence permeates the landscape. You listen closely for a moment, and hear faint voices from downstairs...

Idiot Cube
2017-03-21, 10:45 PM
Of course.

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 10:55 PM
I was hoping you'd say that.

Sledge goes to open one of the coffins. He groans internally as his hand sticks to the top.

Surprise (round) motha ****a!

All three of the coffins grow big, toothy grins (https://carrioncrown.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/mimics.jpg) and move into position to pound on Sledge.

The one he's stuck to slams him righteously.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-21, 10:58 PM
44 Perception from taking 10 didn't catch anything odd?

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 11:02 PM
Not a god damn thing, ain't it beautiful? I even assumed you rolled max on your Inspiration.

[roll0]

The other two flank and follow suit.

[roll1]

[roll2]

1d8+9+4d6
1d8+9+4d6
1d8+9+4d6

[roll3]

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 11:10 PM
Still getting used to this die roll. Damage time, all hit.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Sledge, take all that damage.

Sledge (23)
Jones (23)
Zone (15)
Coffin Mimics x3 (10)

Suddenly, a ruckus from downstairs! You could make it within a round, if you hurried...

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 11:13 PM
Oh, and Sledge, take a -2 to attack rolls (-4 against the one grappling you, before including the -2 from being Grappled).

Idiot Cube
2017-03-21, 11:17 PM
I call hax!!!

Jones circles around to flank the one grappling Sledge, assumes a Totally Defensive stance, and tries to identify these masters of disguise.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rynjin
2017-03-21, 11:48 PM
These are Mimics, any adventurer's second least favorite Abberation. They are sticky, automatically grappling anybody they strike and trapping most weapons that strike them as well. They are incredibly good at disguising themselves as inanimate objects. They are intelligent, though these seems slightly more cunning than the norm.

These particular mimics seem to have a high knowledge of anatomy, striking weakpoints t deal additional damage and debilitating their opponent.

I.E. they have Rogue levels, and quite a few of them.

DualJay
2017-03-22, 12:56 AM
HP 35/115

He grapples... me? How cute.

Sledge flexes and Ability Focuses on his Stunning Fist.

Sledge pummels the other mimics first - devoting a boot to each and grinding their skulls in. Every blow will be a stunning blow (DC 19) until one either succeeds or or he runs out of attacks. As soon as one stuns, he'll start on the next mimic.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

DualJay
2017-03-22, 12:59 AM
Also, how was I within reach of all of them within the surprise round? The others would have had to move up to Sledge, since he would start at the nearest coffin.

Yas392
2017-03-22, 01:46 AM
Zone rushes downstairs, drawing his knife.

Woah, mimics. I thought this is a nest of vampires.

Before he stops, he flings the knife, infused with psionic energy at one of the mimics.

Move Action: Move to location (+2 dodge AC. Current AC for round=30)
Swift Action: Activate Wind Strike (48-3=45 pp left. If attack hit, creature is dazed for 1 round) which also activates wind reader to gain +2 to all ranged attacks or burst (+30 ft speed for 3 rounds if he cannot reach in ranged of the mimic or where the party are.
Standard action: Throws dagger at the nearest mimic. (Prioritize the ones that are not stunned. Default is Sledge's mimic.)
Free Action: Catch his knife.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]

If two attacks hit, damage is doubled.

OOC: Also got a crit threat. I will need to roll in OOC.

Rynjin
2017-03-22, 02:58 AM
Also, how was I within reach of all of them within the surprise round? The others would have had to move up to Sledge, since he would start at the nearest coffin.

I forgot the Surprise round bit, but since they have Lunge a 5 ft. step puts them in position anyway. Unfortunately this means you're not within reach to attack any of them besides the one Grappling you. Also, nix the attack roll penalty. I momentarily derped and forgot you're a man down already, I no longer needed to buff them to Unchained Rogues. You DO take an additional 12 damage because it was a surprise round, however. I'm not sure if those attack rolls include the -4/-2 penalty or not. They look a bit low. Let me know and I'll move ahead. Also make 4 Reflex saves and 4 Strength checks.

@Zone: Please make all Gameplay rolls in Gameplay. Saves me headaches.

Yas392
2017-03-22, 03:18 AM
KK.

Critical confirmation - [roll0]

Extra damage - [roll1]

OOC: Zzzzz

DualJay
2017-03-22, 10:25 AM
Those were including a -2.

Reflex
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Strength
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Yas392
2017-03-22, 02:59 PM
Critical damage & extra damage - [roll0]

Reflex saves for knife to not get stuck - [roll1]

Rynjin
2017-03-22, 03:11 PM
Sledge and Zone work together to take out one of the Mimics, though Sledge finds he is still stuck to the dead one, hampering his movement. The other two move in and keep trying to take bites out of him.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

If those hit their respective targets, take the listed damage. Sledge, you no longer have a -2 AC from being Grappled. Party is up!

Edit: Slight mistake, JONES is up, then the Mimics (above), then Zone. Sledge already did his turn. It's too much effort to retcon the third one into still being alive, so assume it is dead Jones.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-22, 03:40 PM
Jones flanks one of the remaining mimics, studies it, and fights defensively.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Yas392
2017-03-22, 03:44 PM
One technicality. Is Zone under his burst ability (+30 ft speed for 3 rounds)?

Rynjin
2017-03-22, 04:30 PM
Did you activate it?

Yas392
2017-03-22, 04:52 PM
Only if he could not reach in range of the mimic. In that case, he will use a normal attack. Otherwise, he will activate wind strike by default.

Rynjin
2017-03-22, 04:54 PM
You were close enough to attack, yeah.

Yas392
2017-03-22, 05:37 PM
Zone moves, staying out of the mimic's range (like 40 ft away), he hurls the knife at the mimic that is targeting the most vulnerable person.

You're gonna let them get free hits on you. Back off and let them chase.

Move Action: Move, staying out of the mimic's reach (+2 dodge AC; Current AC:30)
Swift Action: Activate wind strike again (45-3=42 pp; if attack hit, dazed for 1 round) and +2 to all attacks.
Standard Action: Throw knife
Free Action: Catch Knife

Fury of a single blade

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage - [roll4]

Extra damage if two attacks hit - [roll5]

Yas392
2017-03-22, 06:41 PM
Sorry for double post. This is to roll for the critical and reflex save.

Crit confirm - [roll0]

Extra Damage - [roll1]

Reflex saves for knife - [roll2]

Idiot Cube
2017-03-24, 06:26 PM
Sorry, didn't notice we skipped back to our turn.

Jones keeps attacking the same mimic.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

DualJay
2017-03-24, 07:08 PM
Sledge five-foot-steps away from the threatening mimics (assuming he's strong enough to drag the mimic) and total defends (+6 AC). He will also drink the strongest potion he has, which I believe is a CSW.

[roll0]

Rynjin
2017-03-26, 05:43 PM
Sorry for the delay, weekend was spotty. So, Sledge you CANNOT 5 ft. step while attached to the mimic. It's one of the creatures with a listed weight: 900 lbs. You also can't Total Defense (full round action) and drink a potion (move action retrieve, standard drink) at the same time.

Zone tears into a second Mimic, his knife blowing a chunk out of its weird, moldable form. Jones, however, can't seem to touch the surprisingly nimble mimic is only able to strike it once, with relatively little effectiveness.

With one dead and the other unable to act, the third mimic nevertheless goes after Jones.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: Would you look at that, I actually needed the confirm roll. Jones, take 10 damage and you are now Grappled.

Sledge's revised actions, then Jones, then Zone. Because I royally screwed up the turn order (this should have happened before Zone's attack both rounds), I'm retroactively saying the Mimics delayed at some point and that puts their Initiative below Zone.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-26, 06:33 PM
On the verge of losing consciousness, Jones lets out a desperate scream as he drives his rapier into the monster.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (add this to attack roll, and 2x to damage)

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7] (add this to attack roll, and 2x to damage)

Yas392
2017-03-26, 06:52 PM
Zone continues to move and stay as far as he could, hurling the same blade laden with psionic energy (wind strike) at Jones's mimic.

Fury of a single blade

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage - [roll4]

Extra damage if two attacks succeed - [roll5]

Confirm crit if any - [roll6]

Extra damage - [roll7]

Reflex save for knife - [roll8]

Idiot Cube
2017-03-28, 04:21 PM
Jones suddenly remembers that he has Studied Strike, and retroactively decided to use it on his second attack.

[roll0]

DualJay
2017-03-28, 07:44 PM
Sledge total defends. (+6 AC)

Rynjin
2017-03-29, 12:17 AM
Jones kills his Mimic, Zone hurt and dazes another, and you all gangbang it while it can't fight back. Mimics are now all dead.

Where to?

Yas392
2017-03-29, 12:54 AM
After some exchange and Zone joining the party, we return to the temple to revive the cleric and heal. Zone will likely say something in the lines of "You are hunting undead, huh? Take me with you."

Rynjin
2017-03-29, 01:52 AM
So you're just going to leave the guy the party has been hunting alone in his home base?

Idiot Cube
2017-03-29, 03:06 AM
Jones stands shakily, drinks a few potions, and straightens his coat with what little dignity he can muster.

[roll0]

"Yes, we are hunting undead, but the situation is a little more nuanced than it appears. Normally I'd be more discerning about who joins us...but you seem like you can handle yourself, and we're in no position to be picky. Let's save introductions for later - right now, we're hot on the trail of a vampire who needs to answer some questions for us."

Yas392
2017-03-29, 08:22 AM
Is restoration or stone to flesh the only way to undo the stone form? Are there any other ways? Jones and Sludge looks like they are running out of healing potions.

Zone waits until the adhesion melts and wears off before picking his knife and flicking the substance of the steel.

Then, you will have my knives. I have been looking for leads of vampires and undead only to stop at dead ends. Cooperating with you would be beneficial for both of us.

The xeph spies a golden statue.

Is that a priest of the Shining Crusades? I heard that they oppose the minions of the Whispering Tyrants. Having him on our party would reduce the need for worrying about our health and the vampire we are about to face. Can we get him out of stone form with our current resources?

Aldizog
2017-03-29, 11:11 AM
Break Enchantment will also do it. Sorry to be of so little help right now!

DualJay
2017-03-29, 11:28 AM
Sludge

wtf fite me

Idiot Cube
2017-03-29, 11:29 AM
Between the migration, and Mythweavers exploding last month, I'm having a hard time keeping track of how many extracts I have left. But I think I have one more 4th level slot free.

"I believe so. One moment."

Jones creates a Restoration infusion, then carefully pours it into the statue's mouth.

DualJay
2017-03-29, 11:40 AM
I don't think that fixes petrification.

Aldizog
2017-03-29, 12:49 PM
It will reverse Calcific Touch, presuming that the infusion is ruled to work on contact since a statue can't really drink.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-29, 01:30 PM
Hmmm...I cast Plea to GM.

Rynjin
2017-03-29, 03:25 PM
Yeah, it works. Yas, use a different color for OOC speech please, preferably the one I'm using now. It gets confusing having OOC and IC mingle like that without a delineation.

Aldizog
2017-03-29, 04:28 PM
The figure collapses to the ground, flesh and blood once more. He rises to one knee, stretches his wings, and stands.
”Praise Aroden! Wait… it’s true, isn't it? He’s gone.”
The angel bows his head for a minute. Then, with the finger of his gauntlet, he traces the sword-and-sunburst of Iomedae on his shield. The symbol glows.
”And that is true, too, I see,” he murmurs, ”Very well, my lady.”
He turns to his rescuers.
”I am Osric. I was a priest of Aroden. After the death of Arazni, I marched with Arnisant and Iomedae against the Whispering Tyrant. My last clear memory was a battle against a half-orc necromancer. That was, I think, in the year 3827 (Absalom Reckoning). I wounded him mortally… though he had enough strength for one last blow. After that… dreams and visions. How long has it been? And to whom do I extend my gratitude?”

DualJay
2017-03-29, 04:46 PM
Sledge does his best look confused. "Aroden? Iomedae? Never heard of 'em."

Yas392
2017-03-29, 05:22 PM
I think I will pick this color as my OOC speech

Both are total strangers to me. The Aroden guy might have been related to the starstone event that I heard from one talkative pathfinder. As for the year, it's 4711. You have been a sleep for almost a millennial.
Oh and this is the guy who freed you.

Zone points at Jones.

Anyways, let's get the names out so we know who we are working with. Call me Zone.

DualJay
2017-03-29, 05:28 PM
Zone has been a telepath this entire time? That explains a lot. Can you still put it in quotes, please?

Idiot Cube
2017-03-29, 05:57 PM
Jones looks stunned at the angel's monologue, apparently trying to decide how to bring him up to speed on 900 years of history.

"Yes, it was I who freed you. My name is Jones, and this is Sledge."

He strokes his chin. "Well, we don't have time for a full history lecture, so let's start with what's most relevant: Your fellow crusaders were successful in defeating the Whispering Tyrant, though he was only weakened and imprisoned rather than completely destroyed. And now the Whispering Way is conspiring to set him free. The two of us," he points to himself and Sledge. "among others, were hired to prevent that."

"Also, Iomeade ascended to full godhood just a few years after you disappeared. And unfortunately, you are correct - Aroden is gone. He is assumed dead, but we have no way of knowing for sure."

He regards Osric with an intense stare.

"Your experience in fighting the servants of Tar-Baphon, and your connection to the divine, would be invaluable in our quest. Will you help us?"

DualJay
2017-03-29, 06:37 PM
"Also, can you heal me?"

Yas392
2017-03-29, 07:29 PM
Zone smiles wider as Jones explains their reason here.

"Also a merc with the same reason to be here as these two."

He gestures at Jones and Sludge.

Aldizog
2017-03-29, 08:43 PM
"Jones, Sledge, Zone. I would be happy to accompany you. Servants of the Whispering Tyrant are seeking to free him? Perhaps I was not forgotten, but rather preserved for this reason. That one of the Shining Crusade might yet oppose Tar-Baphon and his minions.
If I may ask, which gods do you serve? Erastil? Sarenrae? Abadar? There are many worthy ones, certainly. Zone, I confess I am not familiar with your kind or their gods.
As to healing, I can certainly do that. Then perhaps you can tell me of the immediate mission and dangers."
Osric raises his sword.
"For Aroden."
Holy power washes over the PCs as he channels energy.
[roll0] of healing.
Seeing that Jones appears still injured,
"For Arazni."
[roll1] more.

DualJay
2017-03-29, 09:14 PM
"I don't serve any particular god, y'know. Never really been a man of much faith. Guess I always believed that if you do right by your fellow man in this world, thing's be alright in the next."

"Now, we have vampires to kill."

Yas392
2017-03-29, 09:30 PM
"Our kind is extremely rare around the main continent and we are never the religious type. We tend to be like more like monks who seek their own spiritual enlightenment and philosophy."

Zone nods at Sledge's exclamation.

"I agree. I think that is enough intro. It is time to do away with the questions and move forward. You last mentioned that you're hot on a vampire's trail?"

Idiot Cube
2017-03-29, 10:26 PM
Jones shrugs. "I never found a need for religious convictions."

"Although, one could say that Sledge and have been granted the blessing of Lady Desna." he adds with a wry smirk, pointing to his and Sledge's eyes, which you now notice are silver. "But that's a story for another time."

Jones leads his new friends to the room with the tunnel, explaining the current situation on the way.

"We've formed a temporary alliance with a vampire clan in the city. They have agreed to give us information about the Way, in exchange for our investigation of a series of murders against their kind. Thanks to a stakeout with some 'unliving' bait, we drew out the culprits - another group of vampires - and then tracked them to this store."

Aldizog
2017-03-30, 07:59 AM
"Fighting with one group of undead against another? Such alliances may be necessary in wartime, and the Whispering Way is the greater threat. Lead on."
Osric casts Magic Vestment on his armor and Heroism on himself.
"I have numerous blessings that can protect some or all of us for periods of time, against several different types of threats. What do we know about the vampires we hunt? Are they spellcasters,and if so do we know their tactics?"
For reference, I have Communal Resist Energy twice, and Communal Spell Immunity, each of which will last 27.5 minutes if divided four ways. As well as 1 min/level spells Death Ward, Ironskin, Good Hope, and Greater Heroism.

Idiot Cube
2017-03-30, 02:56 PM
"Our stakeout attracted a group of five, including one spellcaster. The caster used Hold Monster, or some variation of it, on our lure. The rest fought us with longswords. The caster escaped, so he'll be making a final stand here."

"What we don't know is how many more there are. We've destroyed quite a few, in coffins scattered about the store, but the proper lair is almost certainly in the tunnel. That's where their more powerful members will be."

Yas392
2017-03-30, 06:07 PM
Zone keeps pace with his group.

"At least we know some of their abilities and their fight style. Keep in mind that vampires in general also have the ability to bend the will of others with their mind especially the elite ones. We should consider a form of mental protection like protection from evil or alignment line spells on top of our other protections."

DualJay
2017-03-31, 09:39 PM
We continue exploring the place.

Yas392
2017-03-31, 09:43 PM
If the party don't have protection from evil potions or spell prepared, Zone will hand each of them one. Zone will have his out, ready to drink it when he hear or see a vampire.

Aldizog
2017-04-04, 07:39 AM
Is everyone waiting on me to do more buff spells? I didn't know how close we were to the actual lair room so wasn't going to do the 1 min/level spells yet. I'll do two of the 27-minute spells. Otherwise ready to go.
Communal Spell Immunity (Confusion, Hold Monster)
Communal Resist Energy (Cold)

DualJay
2017-04-04, 08:42 AM
We're waiting on Rynj to not be super busy, mostly.

Rynjin
2017-04-05, 08:53 PM
Here now. I passed that cert, even if it did take me a couple more tries.

You go down the tunnel. Traveling for over an hour through the overwhelming stench and winding, **** encrusted passageways, you end up...back at the vampires' underground lair. Specifically, in a tailor's shop. You recall it being run by one Radvir Giovanni, a vampire you never got around to questioning.

He was likely in the Nobleman's Stitch with you, but in a different part. It is also likely he is gone by now.

DualJay
2017-04-06, 09:48 AM
Sledge searches the area.

Perception
[roll0]

Yas392
2017-04-06, 03:32 PM
"Don't know about this vampire business but I will leave the talking to you. I will cut in if they gone rabid."

Zone also search the area while hiding some distance behind the party. He is ready to drink the potion of protection from evil on hand if he sees any vampires.

Perception - [roll0]
Stealth - [roll1]

Idiot Cube
2017-04-06, 03:43 PM
Jones searches as well, and drinks his last Barkskin extract.

d20+22
d6+2

Idiot Cube
2017-04-06, 03:44 PM
Sunova...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Aldizog
2017-04-07, 02:57 PM
Osric will cast Detect Undead and scan the area. He will explore with the others, looking at walls, ceilings, and floors.

Rynjin
2017-04-07, 03:02 PM
You find a number of documents scattered around the place.

Anybody that has them, give me Linguistics, Kn. Nobility, and Kn. Local checks.

Aldizog is alarmed for a moment. You guys are UTTERLY SURROUNDED by undead, on all sides! They all give off Strong auras of undead-ness.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-07, 03:36 PM
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Jones is suspicious about how suddenly these undead appeared...
[roll=Will to disbelieve?]d20+16

Idiot Cube
2017-04-07, 03:37 PM
Your MOM's roll count doesn't match database. What does that even mean?!

d20+16

...Ok, apparently I'm not allowed to make Will saves anymore.

Rynjin
2017-04-07, 03:54 PM
You can't edit rolls into a post.

Also remember you guys are in your VAMPIRE ALLIES' LAIR.

Idiot Cube
2017-04-07, 05:12 PM
I didn't edit the rolls. It gave me a "rolls do not match database" message both times. And I must've missed the part about being in our allies' lair.

Jones is not at all suspicious, but keeps an eye on Osric.

Rynjin
2017-04-07, 05:33 PM
I mean if you edit a post at all, for any reason, and try to remove or add in a roll, it will give you an error.

Aldizog
2017-04-08, 06:29 AM
"We are surrounded by undead. Your allies' lair? With a passage connecting to the lair of the Whispering Way vampires? Do you think we have been played? Jones, do those documents hold any information of value?"

Yas392
2017-04-08, 06:51 AM
"If that is true, there are solutions for that. If not, they will have a traitor among them that is trying to be subtle on what he is going to achieve."

Zone looks at the scattered documents, tilting his head.

"Verryyy subtle."

Idiot Cube
2017-04-09, 04:35 PM
"If our allies were deceiving us, why would they allow us to be led back to their lair? If there is a traitor in their midst, why would he have this tunnel that proves his betrayal?"

Jones clicks his teeth as he scans the documents.

"Yet another mystery. That seems to be the norm with us."

Rynjin
2017-04-10, 01:03 AM
Remember that Radvir is (or, was) a trusted member of the community. Having a direct route from his shop in the city to the shop in the lair isn't suspicious in itself. It proved a convenience for a traitor, but is not evidence of him being one.

Aldizog
2017-04-10, 05:56 AM
So I'm guessing Jones is the only one with the requisite skills for the documents. Does he learn anything?

Rynjin
2017-04-10, 12:15 PM
Forgot his rolls there.

To everyone else' eyes, these documents appear to be completely real. However, Jones recognizes them as very skilled forgeries. They detail a plan by a few minor members of the Caliphas aristocracy to "rid the city of the vampire scourge" by targeting key members of their leadership to cause their underground society to collapse. Jones notes that the nobles supposedly colluding in this cause are conveniently out of town, and have been for weeks.

Do you take this information to Luvick, or go back to Radvir's lair in the hopes of finding more clues?

DualJay
2017-04-11, 12:03 PM
"I'm in favor of taking this to Luvick, if you guys think we can trust him. We need to rest."

Idiot Cube
2017-04-11, 02:06 PM
"Agreed. I don't think we'll find anything new today."

Aldizog
2017-04-11, 09:14 PM
"If it is simply a matter of healing, I can do much more. I have been asleep for so long... but if you truly need to rest, I will accompany you. At dawn I can pray for blessings of Iomedae best suited to our current task."

Yas392
2017-04-11, 10:31 PM
"I have an inkling of the general happenings on this region. As for alliances and figures, I am still catching up on the recent news so I do not know much other than what you told me. I am going to follow your lead for now."

Idiot Cube
2017-04-12, 01:13 AM
"Luvick is the ancient lord of this vampire clan. Now is as good a time as any to give him what we found - I doubt we'll find anything more today."

Jones rubs his temples. "I feel as if this day has gone on for months."

DualJay
2017-04-12, 01:46 PM
"Yeah, Jones, I know what you mean."

Sledge stretches, massive muscles bulging, and yawns. "Let's go see Luvick and be done with this day."

Assuming there are no objections, we head out.

Rynjin
2017-04-13, 11:42 AM
You gain another audience with Luvick, and show him your evidence.

"So. Radvir is a traitor. I don't suppose you've finished him for me already? No? Then I grant you official permission to do so, if you can find the rat. Bring him to me to dispose of myself and I'll reward you. Handsomely."

Yas392
2017-04-13, 12:04 PM
Zone turns to Jones.

"Told you. Now I am eager to see how this plays out."

DualJay
2017-04-14, 12:45 AM
"We will, but mind if we rest here first?"

Rynjin
2017-04-14, 04:42 PM
"I often forget mortals still need sleep. If you need quarters, use Radvir's."

DualJay
2017-04-15, 11:39 PM
We will rest, but be sure to have someone standing watch at all times.

Rynjin
2017-04-18, 05:22 PM
You take reasonable precautions, though they prove to be unnecessary. You all awaken in the morning well rested.

Aldizog
2017-04-18, 08:15 PM
At dawn, Osric prays. It is his first time praying to Iomedae.
Hello there. I know you remember me. I remember you, as a woman. You were a fine commander. Brave, honest, fair. But human. Doubted yourself, as we all do, but tried to not show it. I remember your temper about the importance of logistics... that poor quartermaster. And I remember that bland fish stew that you loved... gods, the officers' cooks made that stew for us every night just to please you, it seems. And I remember the battles and your valor; I remember Vaishali Pass.
About Arazni. I know you gave the order to summon her. That didn't end well and I know you grieved for it, but now you have not only replaced her, but surpassed her. Fate? Do you get all the answers when you become a god? Or does Pharasma stonewall you about that?
Well, milady, now you have chosen me. Why? Just your duty as the Inheritor, picking up Aroden's discarded faithful? Or is there something more? The sun wasn't Aroden's domain, but it is yours. How did that come to be? In that way, I'm more fitting as a servant of yours than I ever was of his. The sun and its light that flows through my veins may be needed in the days ahead. Strength and honor.
I tried to put spells into the sig, but it ran too long, so they'll go in a post.
0: Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize, Create Water
1: Moment of Greatness, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Divine Favor, Liberating Command, Sure Casting, Shield of Faith (d)
2: Burst of Radiance, Hold Person, Inheritor's Smite, Ironskin, Lesser Restoration, Spear of Purity, Bless Weapon (d)
3: Magic Circle Against Evil, Communal Resist Energy, Magic Vestment (2), Prayer, Heroism (d)
4: Death Ward (2), Dimensional Anchor, Encouraging Good Hope, Fire Shield (d)
5: Breath of Life, True Seeing, Communal Spell Immunity, Righteous Might (d)
6: Greater Dispel Magic, Heal, Greater Heroism (d)

Idiot Cube
2017-04-19, 03:30 AM
Jones begins preparing his extracts and mutagen. He barely seems to be focusing on the task, instead looking at each of his new allies. Seeing Osric deep in prayer, he turns to Zone while gently swirling a beaker in his hand.

"Well, Zone, it'll be an hour and some minutes before I'm finished here. I like to know the kind of people I'm working with, so why not tell me more about yourself? I know you are hunting undead, but why exactly? Are you working for someone, or is it a more personal motivation?"

If you don't mind my asking, of course."

[roll0]

DualJay
2017-04-19, 10:00 PM
Sledge stretches and eats while his companions do all their alchemystic hoo-hah.

Yas392
2017-04-21, 10:42 AM
Zone turns to Jones when he hears him speak while he is sharpening his knives with a whetstone.

"As I said earlier, I am a merc that got contracted by a certain someone who really wants the Whispering Way to go down. Anything related to my earlier life and hunting the dead are something that I rather not discuss. They are very personal. But if you want to know about what my race is, I am a Xeph. We're bunch of psychic people. Remember that my weapon is laced with some kind of purple glow when I threw it. Yeah, it is psychic energy. Think of it as somewhat similar to magic. We are not seen much in the main continent since we are pretty much the "shy" type. Heck, I don't even know what I am until my adulthood. Being separated from my people when you were young kinda does that to you but you will learn how to cope with it after being on the road for a while."

The xeph gets another knife out and grinds the stone against it's edge.

"You seem to have been doing this for a while. I can see the looks on your eyes. So what brings an alchemist and a street fighter into undead hunting? You do not look like the sort to dress for this kind of job. It would be nice to know something beyond names and being mercs."

DualJay
2017-04-21, 12:10 PM
"Ran into Jones here at a lab place on a mountain. I'd been hunting trolls in the area, y'know - big money in their hearts and brain stems, cuz of their regeneration. Used to make stuff called troll clot or something."

Sledge pauses to drink some whiskey.

"Figured his cause was worthy enough, y'know, and paid well enough. I'll fight pretty much anything that deservers to have its head cracked if'n you pay me."

Idiot Cube
2017-04-21, 06:49 PM
"I am actually a private investigator by trade. Well, I suppose I used to be. I traveled from place to place, offering my services where they were needed. As you can imagine, Ustalav is the perfect place for my kind of work."

"One day, I came to the city of Lepidstadt. At the same time, several other adventurers had come into town, some having business with one Judge Daramid on behalf of the late Professor Lorrimor. With their help, I acted as the defense attorney of a...troubled individual who had been wrongly accused of a wide range of heinous crimes. Another story for later."

"Having made me a de facto member of their group, the adventurers brought me to their meeting with Daramid, where she revealed her allegiance to a secret order that opposes the Whispering Way. It was she who asked us to take on this cause, tracking down agents of the Way and putting a stop to their plans. While she has been paying quite handsomely for our service, I was at the time more interested in the challenge - the chance to test my intellect and hone my abilities. Now, after all I've seen...I truly understand that the Way is a menace that cannot be allowed to continue. And I will fight them to my last breath."

He sits back, sighing. "And that is how a humble detective became swept up in a quest to save the world. Sledge and I were not the first to take on this mission, but we have stayed the course the longest of all our companions."

Yas392
2017-04-22, 04:39 AM
Zone scratches his head.

"First time I seen someone other than an alchemist who uses potions. Self-taught?"

Idiot Cube
2017-04-22, 05:10 PM
"Self-taught, for the most part. I learned the basics of alchemy at the University of Nex, but quickly decided that I would be better off gathering knowledge on my own."

"I never learned how to create alchemical bombs, but I can study a target to determine the best place and opportunity to strike. I am also a gifted observationist, a skilled orator, and an adept locksmith and trap disabler. To say nothing of my extensive knowledge on numerous subjects, particularly the arcane and divine."

"I also dabble with the violin." he adds. It's hard to tell if he's joking.

Yas392
2017-04-25, 07:33 AM
"Wow, you sure are resourceful. Good thing we have you here to cover what we lack."

Zone puts away his stone.

"Once Mr.Pious is done praying, we should go after the vampire guy. Anything we know about him?"

Aldizog
2017-04-25, 08:56 AM
Osric will be done with his prayers when Jones is done with his prep. Ready to go after that.