PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying i dont know my wizards allignment it may come up soon can ye playgrounders help me.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 02:11 AM
so my wizard is, a femae drow elf who fled from the under dark to become a entertainer. she use the bladesinger wizard archetpe, she sings as her instrumant and sometimes casts the dancing lights cantrip to create rave lights. she has a rage streak but its special. she offers her services as a spell caster. one half elf comment calls her weak and she casts reduce on him. wat im saying is she starts with minor pranks.she is playful,she enjoys pranks but when she cares enough about you she will drop her guard.the pranks and nicknames are a defense mechanism.she has a kind and gentle heart. but underneath a rage. with what i have described allignment is wat. any oppinions are welcome

Solunaris
2017-03-21, 02:14 AM
She sounds rather Chaotic, definitely not good though. I'd peg her as either Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil depending on how often you slay commoners for calling you mean names.

Parra
2017-03-21, 02:15 AM
so my wizard is, a femae drow elf who fled from the under dark to become a entertainer. she use the bladesinger wizard archetpe, she sings as her instrumant and sometimes casts the dancing lights cantrip to create rave lights. she has a rage streak but its special. she offers her services as a spell caster. one half elf comment calls her weak and she casts reduce on him. wat im saying is she starts with minor pranks, and if they fuc with her enough, she will kill.she is playful,she enjoys pranks but when she cares enough about you she will drop her guard.the pranks and nicknames are a defense mechanism.she has a kind and gentle heart. but underneath a rage. with what i have described allignment is wat. any oppinions are welcome

Sounds Evil. Probably NE.

Edit: Certainly sociopathic, possibly psychotic too

NNescio
2017-03-21, 02:19 AM
so my wizard is, a femae drow elf who fled from the under dark to become a entertainer. she use the bladesinger wizard archetpe, she sings as her instrumant and sometimes casts the dancing lights cantrip to create rave lights. she has a rage streak but its special. she offers her services as a spell caster. one half elf comment calls her weak and she casts reduce on him. wat im saying is she starts with minor pranks, and if they fuc with her enough, she will kill.she is playful,she enjoys pranks but when she cares enough about you she will drop her guard.the pranks and nicknames are a defense mechanism.she has a kind and gentle heart. but underneath a rage. with what i have described allignment is wat. any oppinions are welcome

Chaotic neutral like a lot of fey. CG if she truly has a kind and gentle heart and the pranks are harmless. CE if she's too vindictive and the pranks escalate to deadly on the slightest provocation (this is being selfish and callous so she doesn't really have a "kind and gentle heart" then).

RSP
2017-03-21, 02:32 AM
Chaotic sounds right.

If she is kind and gentle hearted AND is legitimately remorseful when she rages and kills, she could be CG.

If she is kind and gentle and doesn't care one way or the other when she rages and kills, she's probably CN.

If she enjoys the killing, or believes killing is what *should* happen when people annoy her, she's probably CE.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 02:40 AM
her prank spells are web. tashas hideous laughter and reduce just minor anoyances nnot really injury based.shed only kill if injury is done to her personal being otherwise shrink webs or laugh damn you laugh.she would do said pranks during an encounter.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 02:46 AM
She sounds rather Chaotic, definitely not good though. I'd peg her as either Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil depending on how often you slay commoners for calling you mean names.
she wouldnt kill the commoners just their gold. via performing.or making them laugh till they pee themselves in public.
her vindictive pranks in this post. it starts with web or tashas hideous laughter. most vindictive reduce,
reducing size during combat. or laughing at the mayor.just silly non combat based spells ill be adding polymorph to that list.
you are now a bunny.or a turtle or squirrel list is just endless.

NNescio
2017-03-21, 03:03 AM
her prank spells are web. tashas hideous laughter and reduce just minor anoyances nnot really injury based.shed only kill if injury is done to her personal being otherwise shrink webs or laugh damn you laugh.she would do said pranks during an encounter.

she wouldnt kill the commoners just their gold. via performing.or making them laugh till they pee themselves in public.
her vindictive pranks in this post. it starts with web or tashas hideous laughter. most vindictive reduce,
reducing size during combat. or laughing at the mayor.just silly non combat based spells ill be adding polymorph to that list.
you are now a bunny.or a turtle or squirrel list is just endless.

That's not how a person with a "a kind and gentle heart" would act. That's called being a unprovoked jerk, or being a (in-character, not OOC) troll on a power trip.

Chaotic Neutral at best. Chaotic Evil once someone dies as a result of your character's unprovoked shenanigans (e.g. Polymorph the mayor, guards see this as hostile and attack the party, followed by you killing the guards and the mayor) and she doesn't feel the least bit sorry about it.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 03:14 AM
That's not how a person with a "a kind and gentle heart" would act. That's called being a unprovoked jerk, or a troll.

Chaotic Neutral at best. Chaotic Evil once someone dies as a result of your character's unprovoked shenanigans (e.g. Polymorph the mayor, guards see this as hostile and attack the party, followed by you killing the guards and the mayor) and she doesn't feel the least bit sorry about it.

i am not and ill state this one more time no commoners just other players and pranks are based not on racial slurs or other things of that nature. primarily other players especcially those who say i did all the work in combat and continue to say other player are worthless because of i killed everything because im optimized at level 5 to have a damage output of 75 or more at level 5. just those players who think they are hot feces because they just hyper optimize and get rude about it. its fine if ya do optimize" just dont get penisey" than if they simmer down and learn a little humility the pranks will stop and ill aid in either buffing said player or debuffing a foe. the only reason my target is so specific is i tried to get my autistic brother to play and one of these players appeared said the same things,he no longer wishes to show up. my autistic brothers character he killed himself.

Malifice
2017-03-21, 03:31 AM

CN with an underlying pull towards evil.

Murdering someone for insulting you is pretty clearly evil. The rest is very CN however.

Malifice
2017-03-21, 03:36 AM
i am not and ill state this one more time no commoners just other players and pranks are based not on racial slurs or other things of that nature. primarily other players especcially those who say i did all the work in combat and continue to say other player are worthless because of i killed everything because im optimized at level 5 to have a damage output of 75 or more at level 5.

I call BS.

You dont even have extra attack yet as a 5th level bladesinger. How on earth is your damage output 75 per round?

just those players who think they are hot feces because they just hyper optimize and get rude about it. its fine if ya do optimize" just dont get penisey" than if they simmer down and learn a little humility the pranks will stop and ill aid in either buffing said player or debuffing a foe. the only reason my target is so specific is i tried to get my autistic brother to play and one of these players appeared said the same things,he no longer wishes to show up. my autistic brothers character he killed himself.

What? Their characters cant be rude about optimization or lack thereof. Thats their players being mean to you, not your character.

This is starting to sound like a very toxic group.

And you cant have your character be mad at the other players and want to kill them because 'They chased away your autistic brother by insulting his ability to optimise his character'.

I mean, you can (and should) be mad at the players for doing that and you should leave the group at once.

They sound like a bunch of jerks.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 03:42 AM
I call BS.

You dont even have extra attack yet as a 5th level bladesinger. How on earth is your damage output 75 per round?

What? Their characters cant be rude about optimization or lack thereof. Thats their players being mean to you, not your character.

This is starting to sound like a very toxic group.

And you cant have your character be mad at the other players and want to kill them because 'They chased away your autistic brother by insulting his ability to optimise his character'.

I mean, you can (and should) be mad at the players for doing that and you should leave the group at once.

They sound like a bunch of jerks.
the offending charcter was some kind of cleric mc
my brother was chased away and told by the player ooc and ic, but just it has to be fun for everyone, his death is why i still have a grudge mid fight instead of anything else one more insult he decides to fall on his sword. and walk home from our local adventure league game. the other player was banned from our shop and from wat i recall of friends of his hes been banned from two other shops for the same behavior.the offending player was id say a little to into pvp. dont do wat isay ill kill ya, group up on me ill kill ya try to outshine me ill kill ya.

Malifice
2017-03-21, 03:42 AM
If she is kind and gentle hearted AND is legitimately remorseful when she rages and kills, she could be CG.

'As long as you are remorseful after you fly into a rage and murder someone, you are a good person.'

Yeah, nah. CN (with evil tendencies).

If she is kind and gentle and doesn't care one way or the other when she rages and kills, she's probably CN.

'If you are kind and gentle, but show no remorse about the occasional murder you commit, you're morally neutral'

Yeah, nah. Chaotic evil.

If she enjoys the killing, or believes killing is what *should* happen when people annoy her, she's probably CE.

On this we agree at least. Also CE.

Malifice
2017-03-21, 03:45 AM
my brother was chased away and told by the player ooc and ic, but just it has to be fun for everyone, his death is why i still have a grudge mid fight instead of anything else one more insult he decides to fall on his sword. and walk home from our local adventure league game. the other player was banned from our shop and from wat i recall of friends of his hes been banned from two other shops for the same behavior.

Why are you playing with these people?

They hang **** on your autistic brother OOC and IRL, chasing him out of the game, after doing similar before, and you're still playing with them?

Dude. No. Just no.

You're trying to find an IC solution to deal with a dude who is a total jerk OOC. That group is messed up and you should quit immediately unless they toss that idiot out of the group at once.

NNescio
2017-03-21, 03:48 AM
i am not and ill state this one more time no commoners just other players and pranks are based not on racial slurs or other things of that nature. primarily other players especcially those who say i did all the work in combat and continue to say other player are worthless because of i killed everything because im optimized at level 5 to have a damage output of 75 or more at level 5. just those players who think they are hot feces because they just hyper optimize and get rude about it. its fine if ya do optimize" just dont get penisey" than if they simmer down and learn a little humility the pranks will stop and ill aid in either buffing said player or debuffing a foe. the only reason my target is so specific is i tried to get my autistic brother to play and one of these players appeared said the same things,he no longer wishes to show up. my autistic brothers character he killed himself.

You have an OOC problem, deal with it OOC. Either have a reasoned discussion with the player involved, or just leave the table. Resorting to passive aggressive revenge with your character will just result in other players retaliating in-character as well, like the Rogue pilfering your stuff while you sleep, the Cleric refusing to use any spell slots to heal you (assuming he even bothers to stabilize you if you go down), and the Fighter not bothering to defend you against enemies. Or worse, the Paladin going all alignment police on you. All of these characters have excellent in-character reasons to act as jerks towards your character if your character was a jerk to them first.

That is if the DM even allows things to proceed that far, instead of just kicking you from the table for starting the whole thing.

my brother was chased away and told by the player ooc and ic, but just it has to be fun for everyone, his death is why i still have a grudge mid fight instead of anything else one more insult he decides to fall on his sword. and walk home from our local adventure league game. the other player was banned from our shop and from wat i recall of friends of his hes been banned from two other shops for the same behavior.the offending player was id say a little to into pvp. dont do wat isay ill kill ya, group up on me ill kill ya try to outshine me ill kill ya.

Edit: Oh, they started it, and I don't think a reasoned discussion will help. Since you're obviously holding a grudge, the best course of action is to just leave this toxic group. Trying to get back at them in-character will not work. They will just gang up on you and kill your character.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 03:49 AM
Why are you playing with these people?

They hang **** on your autistic brother OOC and IRL, chasing him out of the game, after doing similar before, and you're still playing with them?

Dude. No. Just no.

You're trying to find an IC solution to deal with a dude who is a total jerk OOC. That group is messed up and you should quit immediately unless they toss that idiot out of the group at once.
he was handled our shop owner is a player, and he banned him, bannished from this dimmension id say. just hone and it wasnt the group just the one player we will call him richard for now. but my brother no longer wishes to return now.

but malifice chaotic neutral with minor tendencies toward evil i like that one.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 03:52 AM
You have an OOC problem, deal with it OOC. Either have a reasoned discussion with the player involved, or just leave the table. Resorting to passive aggressive revenge with your character will just result in other players retaliating in-character as well, like the Rogue pilfering your stuff while you sleep, the Cleric refusing to use any spell slots to heal you (assuming he even bothers to stabilize you if you go down), and the Fighter not bothering to defend you against enemies. Or worse, the Paladin going all alignment police on you. All of these characters have excellent in-character reasons to act as jerks towards your character if your character was a jerk to them first.

That is if the DM even allows things to proceed that far, instead of just kicking you from the table for starting the whole thing.

eh i do sometimes but when i want to i will,but when paying with friends i tell them before hand when i make the character. im just prepping for another richard.but youre point is good i confess.but as im not playing with you i shall continue to troll.as i troll and buff in equal strides. i do a lil good and a lil bad

Malifice
2017-03-21, 03:57 AM
he was handled our shop owner is a player, and he banned him, bannished from this dimmension id say. just hone and it wasnt the group just the one player we will call him richard for now. but my brother no longer wishes to return now.

Good to hear.

I dont know how autistic your brother is man, but I would have a chat to him as well. He's probably pretty upset about the whole thing.

If possible see if the other guys at the group want your Bro back. They may not (I dont know how severe his autism is, and unless its severe enough to be disruptive to the group) but if they're cool with it you should totally explain to him he did nothing wrong and the other guy is just a total jerk.

but malifice chaotic neutral with minor tendencies toward evil i like that one.

Look man, I'd probably take the 'kill those that insult me' bit out. It sounds like you were only having that be a feature of your character in revenge against this jerk at the table. Plus murdering people for insulting you is pretty dark.

It kind of feels like you're trying to justify an OOC anger into an IC justification.

Id probably lean more into the 'Im into the occasional prank and jocular trick, but I have a heart of gold, and see good in all people' angle and run it your PC more as CG. It'll be a challenge, but it'll be more rewarding.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 03:58 AM

Edit: Oh, they started it, and I don't think a reasoned discussion will help. Since you're obviously holding a grudge, the best course of action is to just leave this toxic group. Trying to get back at them in-character will not work. They will just gang up on you and kill your character.

actually it was only the one chracter, if he wasnt banned we would have group killed him, and if he made a clone with the exact same attitude same thing. but i only have the gtudge due to my being a paladin of the ancients at the time i really couldnt do anything but im partially past it however from now on i usually try to make an alliance with the fighter,barbarian, or paladin just in case another one of him appears

Malifice
2017-03-21, 04:00 AM
actually it was only the one chracter, if he wasnt banned we would have group killed him

Dude. That you think this is an appropriate solution to the problem of bad player behaviour, or that you work off the assumption that your DM would let this happen, tells me a lot about this group.

It just sounds totally toxic.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-21, 04:00 AM
Good to hear.

I dont know how autistic your brother is man, but I would have a chat to him as well. He's probably pretty upset about the whole thing.

If possible see if the other guys at the group want your Bro back. They may not (I dont know how severe his autism is, and unless its severe enough to be disruptive to the group) but if they're cool with it you should totally explain to him he did nothing wrong and the other guy is just a total jerk.

Look man, I'd probably take the 'kill those that insult me' bit out. It sounds like you were only having that be a feature of your character in revenge against this jerk at the table. Plus murdering people for insulting you is pretty dark.

It kind of feels like you're trying to justify an OOC anger into an IC justification.

Id probably lean more into the 'Im into the occasional prank and jocular trick, but I have a heart of gold, and see good in all people' angle and run it your PC more as CG. It'll be a challenge, but it'll be more rewarding.
fairly severe when hes done he might yell or sit in a corner and be quiet just not say anything almost like hes not their. but yeah ill edit the main post and remove the whole kill thing. dude AL games are hell its either toxic chumps babies or my best group a group of friends and one toxic player. a guy skipped a whole module because he became a wererat and was killed because he asked to be.im happy to be in the good groups but i look at my table and see no healer who arent good players usually become a paladin. so their we go i altered my origional post less violent just minor pranks.