PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Tales Heroes Joining Forces With Demons

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-21, 10:10 AM
Hey everybody. So far I'm playing D&D 3.5 game with my party. Here's the story. Our mission is to kill demons in the city. So far my party was at the library and we encounter demons speaking abyssal. I shot one the demons with my shortbow during a surprise round. And one of the wounded demons want to spare it lives because they were ambushed by it's own demonic kind making it a bigger threat. I think it a trick and some of the party members agree with me. But I attack the wounded demon again but the arrow missed. Then we formed an alliance with the demons to fight other demons. So what do you think about this situation?

Zombimode
2017-03-21, 10:27 AM
Well if the DM is not soft-balling the Demons than any kind of deal with a demon will lead to trouble later (or sooner) down the road.
To a Demon friendship doesn't matter. Agreements doesn't matter. Honor don't matter. Any and all checks and balances of normal societies don't matter. There is no empathy. There is no mercy. ALL that matters is YOUR suffering and ultimate destruction.

Afraid? You should.

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-21, 11:18 AM
Well if the DM is not soft-balling the Demons than any kind of deal with a demon will lead to trouble later (or sooner) down the road.
To a Demon friendship doesn't matter. Agreements doesn't matter. Honor don't matter. Any and all checks and balances of normal societies don't matter. There is no empathy. There is no mercy. ALL that matters is YOUR suffering and ultimate destruction.

Afraid? You should.
That's what I'm afraid of. :eek:

TheCountAlucard
2017-03-22, 09:12 PM
To be fair, that's Zombimode's take on demons; it's pretty well known that Our Demons Are Different (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurDemonsAreDifferent).

Anonymouswizard
2017-03-22, 09:37 PM
This is D&D though, so are you sure they're demons you've just forces with? Because if they're actually devils you can trust them to honour the letter of the contract.

Otherwise it's best to plan behind the Paladin's back to betray the demon(s) before they do it to you. Just wait until they've helped you with most of the other demons, slip to correct kind of knife between true shoulder blades, freeze them in ice, through them off the top of the tallest tower and have a cleric smite then just to be safe.

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-22, 10:06 PM
This is D&D though, so are you sure they're demons you've just forces with? Because if they're actually devils you can trust them to honour the letter of the contract.

Otherwise it's best to plan behind the Paladin's back to betray the demon(s) before they do it to you. Just wait until they've helped you with most of the other demons, slip to correct kind of knife between true shoulder blades, freeze them in ice, through them off the top of the tallest tower and have a cleric smite then just to be safe.

Trust me, They're demons that we allied temporary at least.

KillianHawkeye
2017-03-23, 09:21 PM
Honestly? A demon lying to trick you is just as plausible as walking into multiple groups of demons who are trying to kill each other. Demons fight against each other as much as they fight against everyone else.

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-23, 09:26 PM
Honestly? A demon lying to trick you is just as plausible as walking into multiple groups of demons who are trying to kill each other. Demons fight against each other as much as they fight against everyone else.Well so far we still fighting against the group of demons called Zaghifd. My party and I are just going along with it and fight until the shield demons (our temporary allies) going to betray us. I already know what they're up to already. So I'm one step ahead.

Honest Tiefling
2017-03-24, 04:15 PM
Ah, the ol' 'Graz'zt, Pazuzu, or Demogorgon' demon dilemma. Do you have a setting or any firm IC knowledge of demons to know how bad of an idea this is? Traditional DnD demons are just as likely to not honor their deal as a PC bard with maxed diplomacy is to make a speech.

I'd try plunder any advantage you can from your skills and your backgrounds. You have ONE plan to defend yourself against the demons, but what if the demons are working with the BBEG all along? Have more plans then they do until you can safely extract yourself from the demons is my advice. These demons ARE scheming against you, and will turn at the drop of a hat.

This goes out of the window if any of them are succubi or incubi. MURDER THOSE IMMEDIATELY. KILL IT WITH ALL OF THE FIRE. Some PCs (and if the DM is evil, NPCs) are just too stupid to live.

Bartmanhomer
2017-03-24, 04:43 PM
Ah, the ol' 'Graz'zt, Pazuzu, or Demogorgon' demon dilemma. Do you have a setting or any firm IC knowledge of demons to know how bad of an idea this is? Traditional DnD demons are just as likely to not honor their deal as a PC bard with maxed diplomacy is to make a speech.

I'd try plunder any advantage you can from your skills and your backgrounds. You have ONE plan to defend yourself against the demons, but what if the demons are working with the BBEG all along? Have more plans then they do until you can safely extract yourself from the demons is my advice. These demons ARE scheming against you, and will turn at the drop of a hat.

This goes out of the window if any of them are succubi or incubi. MURDER THOSE IMMEDIATELY. KILL IT WITH ALL OF THE FIRE. Some PCs (and if the DM is evil, NPCs) are just too stupid to live.

Like I said My party and I are going along with it and deal with it when we finishing killing the Zaghifd.

Dragonexx
2017-03-24, 06:16 PM
It depends on where the DM is going with these things. Fallen Angels and Risen Demons are totally things in canon, so you might be able to make long-lasting allies out of them. Again, it depends on the group.

Malimar
2017-03-25, 10:39 AM
Huh, interesting take.

In my setting, succubi/incubi are among the least untrustworthy demons. Sure, they'll still work against you behind your back and try to seduce you to evil and/or schtupping and ultimately can't really be trusted at all because they're still demons, but you can trust them not to try to do violence to you (except in the form of sucking out your soul through schtupping) because they a.) lack combat capability and b.) are smart enough to know it.

Honest Tiefling
2017-03-25, 02:32 PM
Huh, interesting take.

In my setting, succubi/incubi are among the least untrustworthy demons. Sure, they'll still work against you behind your back and try to seduce you to evil and/or schtupping and ultimately can't really be trusted at all because they're still demons, but you can trust them not to try to do violence to you (except in the form of sucking out your soul through schtupping) because they a.) lack combat capability and b.) are smart enough to know it.

I want you to tell me how many PCs you have encountered that thought with their squishy bits below the belt, male or female. Too many times has someone tried to make the demon into their husbando/waifu or just tried to bang it.

hamishspence
2017-03-25, 02:48 PM
In the Savage Tide adventure path in Dungeon, the party's goal is to gain both Malcanthet and Orcus as allies in order to thwart Demogorgon (and part of the plot involves gaining celestial allies as well - eladrins).

There's a certain amount of precedent in this kind of temporary alliance.

Malimar
2017-03-25, 08:09 PM
I want you to tell me how many PCs you have encountered that thought with their squishy bits below the belt, male or female. Too many times has someone tried to make the demon into their husbando/waifu or just tried to bang it.

On the forums, pretty much none.

Over a table... a handful, yes.

I've only used succubi/incubi on the forums, maybe I should start throwing them at my tabletop players.