PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Smite idea

Soranar
2017-03-21, 06:54 PM
So I found this ACF for a barbarian that I thought was useless at first since it's not compatible with the pounce ACF but

you gain a smite ability each time you rage, this smite works against anything that is not chaotic evil

That's a fairly broad ability since it works against neutral opponents (like constructs, oozes, animals, elementals, etc)

But if I combine that with a killoren's racial smite which works against: aberrations, constructs, humanoids, oozes, outsiders, and undead

that leaves me with only a handful of things to worry about: dragons, giants, magical beasts and the few elementals with special alignments (unless I'm forgetting something)

And I still get the normal rage benefits so it's not like I'd be totally useless against things I can't smite

With a paladin, the best way to exploit a smite is usually a mounted charge (since it multiplies the damage) so I figured I'd get a mount with the wild cohort feat and do the same unless the forums have a better idea?

daremetoidareyo
2017-03-21, 08:26 PM
Mounted fury. Its from the the same article as the wild cohort feat. You can share your rage benefit with your mount, which means your Mount can smite too

Also, killorens smite works with ranged attacks. Keep a ranged weapon

Calthropstu
2017-03-21, 09:41 PM
In my experience, smiting paladins is generally unwise. They tend to have enough hit points to smite back.