PDA

View Full Version : Druid-barian Speed and Dex

Oberon
2007-07-26, 06:15 PM
I am planning to make a druid character, possibly with some Barbarian levels, and I have a couple of questions.

Question 1: Barbarians get +10 base land speed. Druids can wild shape. Does a multiclassed druid/barbarian retain the speed bonus in shapeshifted forms, thus allowing for such options as a cheetah with a 60 ft. base land speed?

Question 2: Lets say druid wears medium armor (or heavy, if he has the feat and specialty armor) and has the Wild ability on his armor. Do the max Dex limitation and armor check penalty still apply in shapeshifted form?

Thanks for the help.

Fax Celestis
2007-07-26, 06:48 PM
1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Oberon
2007-07-26, 06:49 PM
1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Wow. Succint.

Thanks much

Fax Celestis
2007-07-26, 06:54 PM
Clear questions get simple answers. :smallbiggrin:

Corvus
2007-07-26, 07:10 PM
In a campaign that is currently in a bit of a hiatus, I've got a Half-Orc Barbarian/Druid, 16 Druid, 2 Barbarian from memory. We are using 3.0, so no Wild Casting, but as a combination in works very very well.

He is something of an oddity as he dumped CHA and INT, didnt skimp on STR, DEX and CON and all his feats are combat oriented (power attack, cleave, imp critical (spear, bite and claw) etc).

In half-orc form he likes blowing things up with flamestrikes, firestorms, fire seeds et al, or charging into combat with his spear and Rhino Hide (double damage on a charge, with x3 from spear if it crits...throw in power attack and 2H damage with high strength and the charge can do some serious hurting.). Or shifting into a tiger and charging in with his speed boost and going into a rage. A buffed, enraged, high speed pouncing tiger can put out some serious hurt...