PDA

View Full Version : Best scary moments

Shadowbane13
2017-03-21, 07:46 PM
Hey guys I was developing a rather scary part of my campaign. Supposed to be in a haunted asylum or something similar. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas that could work with this. I got a couple of my own. Two of my favorite are:

**someone falls through a floor or broken staircase** "you land in a dark hallway. In the distance you can see a faint light from an opening. Before you is a lone lantern swaying in the wind and a young girl kneels on the floor in the light. She is muttering something under her breath. After a listen check success. You hear her singing "ring around the Rosie pocket full of poise ashes ashes we all....fall....down." And as she says down the lantern goes out. Nothing but darkness now. Suddenly all the lanterns in the hall ignite and the little girl is right in the players face grappling the player.

The other one was,
Birthday cake: creepy strained doubled voice echoes through the halls. "Happy birthday it's your birthday, find the candles to light the cake. Happy birthday!!"
Torches flicker then go out, one by one they relight from down the hall till they're right in front of us. In front of us is two small boys holding a cake together. They start singing happy birthday to you. As they sing more people come out of the doors down the hallway. "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear pzzzztt, happy birthday to you!" They lean forward and blow out the candles and all the torches go out. Then each player is attacked unless they succeed on a listen check.

That's my two favorite. Let me know if you guys have anything else to add or edit. Thanks

Also feel free to use these if you wish.

ksbsnowowl
2017-03-21, 10:51 PM
There was a Pathfinder module that was basically exactly this (haunted asylum), and was for 1st or 2nd level characters. IIRC, is was the first module of the Carrion Crown adventure path.

There was a free module on Drive Thru RPG that I think was a haunted asylum... I'll have to hunt down the title of it (I remember I downloaded it at the time). No clue if it is still available for free. Edit: Where Madness Dwells is the name of the module. It is for 7th level PC's.