PDA

View Full Version : Is then chromaric dragon dragonimicon any good?

NecroDancer
2017-03-22, 12:24 PM
In my 5e game I'm looking to make an evil dragon NPC and I'm a huge fan of taking characters from the d&d canon. I looked through the 3.5 draconomicon and it had some cool ideas but I was wondering if the 4e version was any good lore wise?

I can convert the stats to 5e pretty easily so new dragon creatures are always a plus.

Meta
2017-03-22, 06:07 PM
A quick skim shows me:

A paragraph or two about 4 different chromatic dragon Exarchs (demi-gods basically) including at least one Good one.

About the same content for 4-5 dragons from each of Greyhawk, FR, and Dragonlance.

Finally, there's more fluff and actual stats for the following:
Ashardalon, an ancient red with a unique demonic situation
Cyan Bloodbane, an elder green with deviousness and cunning that outstrips even his peers
Dragotha, an undead ancient red that killed Tiamat's son
Gulgol, an elder black that appears to be noteworthy for being fat? Worshipped by lizards I guess.
Nefermandias, an ancient brown called the Forsaken Pharaoh who has lost his desert empire.
Rime, an ancient white still bound to her deceased rider and knight due to her mithral plating.
Tiamat, dragon goddess
Zebukiel, an ancient gray that betrayed the dragonborn to the tieflings and was savagely beaten by his kin.

That's it for specific dragons. There's a bunch about typical dragon life cycle, locale, temperament, etc. as well, but you can probably find a lot of that in other books as well.