PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Need Construct Crafting Rules

Spectre9000
2017-03-22, 12:40 PM
I'm looking at having a character that makes Constructs (He's a Theurge (Forge Domain) Mountain Dwarf). I've talked it over with my DM, and he's good with it, but I need some kind of rules to go about actually constructing them. Has anyone seen any Homebrew on Constructs that would help?

noob
2017-03-22, 01:57 PM
For crafting construct you must first discuss with the gm about something called action economy.
If you intend to have constructs to have more actions in battle then it might seriously mess up the game.
However if you are spending actions to have the construct work then you should have something better than summons since when a construct die it is dead forever(and you lost the astronomical cost it needed to be built)(unless you have a construct that can be resurrected or something like that but then it is more an animal companion than a construct).
If you keep your constructs at a place to defend it then they could be powerful(like if they have some restrictions preventing from leaving the place because thanks to that you would not be able to take it with you to the bbeg room)
There is a lot of 5e homebrew but somehow 100.01% of it is classes so good luck finding the -0.00001% of them who are constructs(I mean there should be an entire section for 5e class homebrews or there should be a class tag for threads)

for rules about constructing constructs you could go the CR way((CR^2)*something gold per construct) or just pick up some rules from pathfinder or 3.5 and massively nerf everything to death then beat it up for two hours and you would have a result balanced with 5e