PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the colossus stat blocks!?!

Tainted_Scholar
2017-03-22, 01:57 PM
One of the most popular types of home-brewing in 3.5 that I've noticed is stating up characters and monsters from other works of fiction. As such it was inevitable that someone would stat up the colossi from Shadow of the Colossus. But there was never any need to, we have official stat blocks for them.

Now I'm not talking about colossus like creatures, or refluffing certain monsters, no. I'm am talking about Literal Fracking Stat Blocks For The Colossi THAT WERE PRINTED IN DRAGON MAGAZINE #336 (pg 63)!

I AM NOT JOKING! They use screencaps from the game and everything!

The only disappointing thing about them is they didn't stat up each individual colossus but rather gave us a single stat block to represent all of them, with the DM choosing whether it walks, flies or swims. Nether the less this has still got to be one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in D&D period.

Also they're even bigger than they were in the game, just let that sink in.

Zaq
2017-03-22, 02:00 PM
Hmm. Kinda wish I had access to that issue so that I could see these stat blocks.

My group made a SotC-style fight in a 4e game a few years back, but we treated the colossus more like terrain than like a creature. It could do things to attack or hinder us, and there were weak points for us to attack it, but we didn't treat it like an actual creature for most purposes. I think treating the SotC colossi as creatures is kind of selling them short. How does the Dragon article do it?

Tainted_Scholar
2017-03-22, 02:10 PM
My group made a SotC-style fight in a 4e game a few years back, but we treated the colossus more like terrain than like a creature. It could do things to attack or hinder us, and there were weak points for us to attack it, but we didn't treat it like an actual creature for most purposes. I think treating the SotC colossi as creatures is kind of selling them short. How does the Dragon article do it?

They just made them colossal (Get it?) constructs. They're CR 18 so they certainly aren't selling them short, but they don't have any weak points like in the game so it does clash with the colossus battle from SotC in that regard. You're right though in that the Colossi are kinda hard to replicate in D&D since they are more like a mini dungeon than a standard enemy that you wail on until they die.

Sian
2017-03-22, 02:18 PM
pss ... its pg88-90