PDA

View Full Version : But Its Cross-Class

detrevnisisiht
2007-07-26, 09:14 PM
are there any feats that can add a skill to your skill list

Pink
2007-07-26, 09:24 PM
Only one that comes to mind is Education from Ebberron (and IK i think) which adds all the knowledge skills.

To a close effect is ABle learner from races of destiny. I don't think it affects max ranks however i believe it makes cross class skills cost 1 for 1 instead of 1 for .5

Dementrius
2007-07-26, 09:38 PM
Several Cleric domains play around with class skills as well

Curmudgeon
2007-07-26, 10:36 PM
You can get all the skills by multiclassing. Rogue, the Cloistered variant of Cleric, and Druid together give you every one of the non-psionic skills.

Pink
2007-07-26, 10:39 PM
You can get all the skills by multiclassing. Rogue, the Cloistered variant of Cleric, and Druid together give you every one of the non-psionic skills.

To be fair, he's asking for feats, and that requires quite a bit of multiclassing just for feats. And even doing that, that doesn't make them class skills. Merely the limit for each skill is the class skill limit. A cloistered cleric taking a rank in handle animal still costs two skill points. Combining able learner with that would work, however that's still taking two other classes for no other reason than skills which doesn't seem worth it.

skywalker
2007-07-27, 01:30 AM
I don't have races of destiny but crystal keep's description says "all skills are 'in class'" for what that's worth.

Otherwise, depending on the skills you want, there are several. What particular skill(s) are you looking to pick up?

EDIT: Most of these feats are in Dragon, if that matters.

Ikkitosen
2007-07-27, 02:28 AM
The Martial Study feats give you the associated Discipline skill as a class skill.

Balance, Tumble, Diplomacy, Hide...not a bad selection.

Yechezkiel
2007-07-27, 02:54 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50533 was a good thread from a few weeks ago regarding this.

TheOOB
2007-07-27, 03:00 AM
Skill Knowledge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/alternativeSkillSystems.htm#skillKnowledge)

Also, there is a feat from Races of Destiny I believe that lets you by cross-class skill ranks with 1 skill point(though you are still restricted to (character level + 3)/2 ranks total) which is good enough for most skills.

Or you could use my preferred variant and remove class skills all together, allowing any class to take any skill. If you do this I suggest removing Use Magic device as a skill and making it a class feature for classes like rogue, bard, and warlock.

Ikkitosen
2007-07-27, 03:32 AM
Also, there is a feat from Races of Destiny I believe that lets you by cross-class skill ranks with 1 skill point(though you are still restricted to (character level + 3)/2 ranks total) which is good enough for most skills.

Able Learner. Gotta have some human blood or be a doppelganger. Good feat.

Overlard
2007-07-27, 04:52 AM
One-level dip in factotum gives you every skill as a class skill.

Name_Here
2007-07-27, 05:58 AM
Guerilla Scout and Guerilla Warrior are feats in Heroes of battle that give you access to Spot, Listen one other and Hide, Move silently and one other. They also boost your iniative so they're decent feats on that basis alone.

Rad
2007-07-27, 08:37 AM
Exemplar Human racial levels (UA) give you a skill as a class skill for all your future levels in any class. (I guess it is the first level doing that)

Ikkitosen
2007-07-27, 08:40 AM
Guerilla Scout and Guerilla Warrior are feats in Heroes of battle that give you access to Spot, Listen one other and Hide, Move silently and one other. They also boost your iniative so they're decent feats on that basis alone.

Not quite - they allow you to buy those skills 1-for-1 but don't raise your max. ranks. Still good, but not that good.

@^: Yep, good for UMD, or maybe Tumble.

Dizlag
2007-07-27, 09:12 AM
Only thing I found was Flexible Mind (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Flexible_Mind,all) from Dragon magazine #326.

Dizlag

Fixer
2007-07-27, 09:26 AM
The presige class Exemplar (Complete Adventurer) grants all skills as class skills and it is not terribly difficult to get into.

As far as feats, I can't think of any that grant ALL of them.

Person_Man
2007-07-27, 09:32 AM
There's dozens of such feats. Look at crystal keep.

detrevnisisiht
2007-07-27, 10:46 AM
well i am a fighter that needs Concentration and diplomacy as skills for a PrC im going for.

Ikkitosen
2007-07-27, 10:47 AM
Both available through Martial Study (Diamond Mind and White Raven IIRC). Can't think of a feat that'll give both.

Martial Study can even be a fighter bonus feat.

Maxymiuk
2007-07-27, 11:07 AM
There's, if I recall correctly, the Cosmopolitan regional feat from FR that lets you add one skill to your class list.

Timmit
2007-07-27, 01:27 PM
I can't remember what book it's in, but isn't there a feat called adaptive learner that lets you add more skills to your class list?

Pink
2007-07-27, 01:48 PM
I can't remember what book it's in, but isn't there a feat called adaptive learner that lets you add more skills to your class list?

Actually, offhand mind, i think that feat just gives you instant skill points.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-27, 01:56 PM
Nope, makes all skills cost 1 skill pt/rank, but leaves the cap of Lvl+3/2 on cross-class skills.

Pink
2007-07-27, 04:21 PM
Nope, makes all skills cost 1 skill pt/rank, but leaves the cap of Lvl+3/2 on cross-class skills.

That is the description for a feat called Able learner, not adaptive learner, able learner being a feat I already mentioned as the second post of this thread.

Upon hearing about a feat called adaptive learner however, my mind went to think perhaps it might be the effect that, upon looking, I've found to be the effect of the Open Minded feat.

There is no feat called adaptive learner as far as i can tell.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-27, 04:50 PM
Whoops :smallredface:

Silly me, able learner comes up a lot in these sorts of threads.

I think adaptive learner adds a skill to your class skill list, but it might not be a feat, it might be part of Human Paragon.

Adaptive Learning (Ex)
At 1st level, a human paragon can designate any one of his human paragon class skills as an adaptive skill. This skill is treated as a class skill in all respects for all classes that character has levels in, both current and future. For example, if a human paragon chooses Spot as an adaptive skill, he treats Spot as a class skill for all future class levels he gains, even if it is not normally a class skill for the class in question.

curtmack
2007-07-27, 07:34 PM
I think adaptive learner adds a skill to your class skill list, but it might not be a feat, it might be part of Human Paragon.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. A first level Human Paragon gets to take a skill and add it to their class skills list for every level they take. Not to mention that Human Paragons get ten skills of choice as their class skill list.

Matthew
2007-07-28, 12:19 AM
Whoops :smallredface:

Silly me, able learner comes up a lot in these sorts of threads.

You may also be thinking of the variant Feat for the Variant Skills Rule: Skills Knowledge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/alternativeSkillSystems.htm#skillKnowledge).