PDA

View Full Version : Cryomancer 5theddition class

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-23, 02:12 AM
So in truth i have wanted a character who was subzero like without having to lose his ice powers and being a minor ice sorceror didnt really do it for me or ice wizard again just didnt feel right i thought about it being a monk but again it didnt feel like i could balance ki with atacks and summoning ice and how to propperly balance it.my idea well you"ll read if youre further intrested. A lone human stands amongst many orcs he frezes one solid in his defensive position.preparing for more another cryomancer with no weapons suddenly summons a weapon and uses it shifting weapons based on need. first a sword next a polearm than a greatsword. each cryomancer chooses difrent methods and styles but one thing remains common the need for adventure. it can be in ones blood, a curse,a gift from divinity,maybe you were born during an intense snow storm and took some of its power regardless most of these peoples powers dont appear till it needs to defend its wielder or a sudden burst of emotion.Cryomancer saves constitution and dexterity hit dice are 1d8 at 1st level its 5+ constitution modifier

level 1 Ice armor take a full turn action to give yourself ice armor it is16 ac replaces current ac and proides minor fire resistance, it can be melted by flames damage above the ac of the armor dispelled after 1 minute. you have cold resistance

r
Level 2:ice weapon you can create a weapon of ice as a bonus action and can dismiss it as a full roud action.whatever weapon you make you are proficent with it. it deals a d4 damage in addition to its normal damge die. it is not magical.(yet) spellcasting in additon just dont know what kind of casting level. or the spellcasting ability need some help with that.

Level 3 :now for three i was thinking two seperate archetypes the weapon creating one and the magic defensive one they do need names

Level 4 ability score increase

?

?

[td][?/td]

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

now after the spoiler i do have ideas maybe an aura and eventually an armor increase to the ice armor but im out of ideas for now

BobMacBobson
2017-03-23, 06:57 AM
If you wanna go for a sub-zero vibe, I'd say you were on the right path with monk. It'd probably work pretty well as a monastic tradition. You'd only have to come up with feats for 3rd, 6th, 11th, and 17th level instead of a whole class. Maybe start out at 3rd with the ice weapon feature, ice armour at 6th (notice how at level 1, if the AC is 16 and fire damage needs to exceed AC to melt it, it'd have to be 17+ points of damage, which is enough to kill most 1st level characters).
Alternatievly have it be the monk equivalent of the eldritch knight/arcane trickster; ie spells up to level 4, most feats making those spells work better with the class. You could still do ice weapon, maybe take the eldritch knight's Weapon Bond as a base for it.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-23, 06:57 AM
i am open to suggestions all aroud on names and ideas ill ad your name to the thank yous after i read your ideas

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-23, 07:09 AM
If you wanna go for a sub-zero vibe, I'd say you were on the right path with monk. It'd probably work pretty well as a monastic tradition. You'd only have to come up with feats for 3rd, 6th, 11th, and 17th level instead of a whole class. Maybe start out at 3rd with the ice weapon feature, ice armour at 6th (notice how at level 1, if the AC is 16 and fire damage needs to exceed AC to melt it, it'd have to be 17+ points of damage, which is enough to kill most 1st level characters).
Alternatievly have it be the monk equivalent of the eldritch knight/arcane trickster; ie spells up to level 4, most feats making those spells work better with the class. You could still do ice weapon, maybe take the eldritch knight's Weapon Bond as a base for it. i contemplated this as you saw but i didnt know how as ki casting splees felt confusing. whats to many ki points wats to few. is this breaking tha ability does this synergize with that. will this concieveably break martial arts what kind of spells evocation wise do i buff this is ice blade a vroken sixth what can my 17th level be i mean ive thought of it but.look maybe youre right ill delete this thread and start on monastaic tradition of he lin kuei. after ive been to sleep:smallredface: been up since 4pm yesterday and am now tired

Spellbreaker26
2017-03-23, 06:30 PM
Cryomancer

Sorcerer Subclass

Level 1 Ability

Winter Winds: Cryomancers get resistance to cold damage and the frostbite cantrip

Jack o’ Frost: If a cryomancer spends ten uninterrupted minutes freezing an area not larger than 20 square feet, it becomes difficult terrain for eight hours.

Level 6 ability

Frozen Revelry: Cryomancers add their Charisma modifier to the damage of any spell that inflicts cold damage. In addition, they get advantage on survival checks made in cold or frozen environments.

Level 14 ability

By endurance, conquer: Once per long rest as a bonus action, a Cryomancer may attempt to become one with the freezing storm. For one minute, at the start of their turn they receive their sorcerer level plus their constitution modifier in temporary hit points per turn.

Level 18 ability:

Mistral Unbound: For a spell that inflicts cold damage, a Cryomancer may induce one metamagic without spending sorcery points. This ability may only be used once per turn.

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-25, 09:59 PM
Cryomancer

Sorcerer Subclass

Level 1 Ability

Winter Winds: Cryomancers get resistance to cold damage and the frostbite cantrip

Jack o’ Frost: If a cryomancer spends ten uninterrupted minutes freezing an area not larger than 20 square feet, it becomes difficult terrain for eight hours.

Level 6 ability

Frozen Revelry: Cryomancers add their Charisma modifier to the damage of any spell that inflicts cold damage. In addition, they get advantage on survival checks made in cold or frozen environments.

Level 14 ability

By endurance, conquer: Once per long rest as a bonus action, a Cryomancer may attempt to become one with the freezing storm. For one minute, at the start of their turn they receive their sorcerer level plus their constitution modifier in temporary hit points per turn.

Level 18 ability:

Mistral Unbound: For a spell that inflicts cold damage, a Cryomancer may induce one metamagic without spending sorcery points. This ability may only be used once per turn.

in your own thread spell breaker.

Spellbreaker26
2017-03-26, 04:40 PM
in your own thread spell breaker.

I thought you asked me to repost it here?

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-26, 06:21 PM
I thought you asked me to repost it here?

i would if i was a credit stealingg harlot. you made something beautiful thus you need the credit.