PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF] Help with a Gish debuffer

Azoth
2017-03-23, 02:25 AM
I got a wild idea to make a Gish debuffer after going over the Wizard's Void School ability.

Figure that the basic Gish chassis of Fighter1/Wizard5/Eldritch Knight 10/Hell Knight Signifier 4 is a good place to start.

Maybe something like:

Traits:
Magical Knack Wizard
Bred for War

Human: Combat Expertise
Fighter: Improved Dirty Trick
1st: Power Attack
Wiz: Scribe Scroll
3rd: Soulless Gaze
5th: Mask of Virtue
Wiz5: Extend Spell
7th: Skill Focus (Intimidate)
Ek1: Cornugon Smash
9th: Greater Dirty Trick
11th: Fast Dirty Trick
Ek5: Arcane Armor Training
13th: Quicken Spell
15th: Dirty Trick Master
Ek9: Intimidating Prowess
17: Free
19: Free

The general attack routine at level 20 goes:

First attack: Dirty Trick to Dazzle

Second Attack: Deliver Reveal Weakness (-10AC/Saves), Intimidate to Shaken

Immediate Action: Activate Serpentine Tattoo

Dirty Trick to escalate Dazzle to Daze

Third Attack: escalate Shaken to Frightened, trigger Cruel Weapon property give Sickened Condition

Forth Attack: Escalate Frightened to Panicked.

End Result(Best case scenario): Dazed, Panicked(-2 saves/skills/ability checks), Sickened (–2 attacks/weapon damage rolls/saves/skills/ability checks), -10AC/Saves.

-14 Saves, -10AC, -4 skills, -4 ability checks, -2 attack rolls, -2 weapon damage rolls.

Maybe try to Spell Store a Bestow Curse in there to hit either attacks, AC, or a specific save.

The only reason I have hope of the third and fourth attacks hitting is that by giving a -10 AC after the second attack, the third and fourth attacks should have the same odds as the first and second respectively.

Kurald Galain
2017-03-23, 02:55 AM
At level 20, sure. At most lower levels, this would work better as a Magus - because what a gish really wants is cast a spell and make a full attack in the same round.

Also, be aware that Reveal Weakness is a standard action, not something you can just do in the middle of an attack routine.

Azoth
2017-03-23, 04:02 AM
I had intended to deliver it via a conductive weapon.

Rereading it however, I can't combine it with a conductive weapon. Damnable thing doesn't require a touch attack of any variety. It is is just point and click.

Ugh...whole lot of wasted thought power there.

Oh well, I may be able to hobble something out of it if I switch to a Cleric base and use the Madness Domain's Touch of Madness ability. Maybe combine it with Variant Channeling for Luck (penalty to all d20 rolls) or Protection (penalty to AC).

The whole point of the build was to try and cobble together a working build that used as many sources of debuffng simultaneously as possible. It was not a build that would necessarily be deadly on its own, but that could facilitate the other party members in making their tricks stick.