PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions

Nox0688
2017-03-23, 10:56 AM
Hi guys had a couple rule questions wanted help with

first question. My campaign is using the Action Point system, and I am playing a Psychic Rogue 3/Martial Monk 2 (thanks Jsketchy for the build help!). I was wondering would I be able to use an Action Point to temporary gain the feat "Expanded Knowledge [Psionics]" to be able to manifest a power outside of my chosen list. My asked my DM, and he wasn't sure if it would work that way either with RAW rules.

Second

I'm having a hard time setting up my full round attack with my flurry of blows + two weapon fighting, could anyone assist me with this?

5 dex mod (weapon finesse)
3 BaB (multi class two slow bab classes...outch)
Flurry of Blows:: +1 / +1
Dual Wielding x2 Masterwork Kama

Also, if anyone knows how to make this into a Roll20 macro, I will love you long time! <3

ZamielVanWeber
2017-03-23, 11:25 AM
1) I do not recall action points allowing you to use feats at all, but I never played Everton or used them otherwise so I am not sure.
2) Your flurry will be two hits at +6 (+6/+6). If you use two weapon fight you will also get two hits at +6. As you level these will diverge but for the moment, they are the same.

Nox0688
2017-03-23, 11:51 AM
1.Double checked, I was looking at the Variant Rules instead of the base rules, I've never used the emulate feat in previous games, so its never came up til now.

2. So for now my full round with the stats given (and no additional variables) would be +6/+6/+6?
Whats the formula for adding bonuses/penalties for Flurry of Blows and Two Weapon fighting?

Edit:: Just realized my FoB is at +2 / +2, not +1 / +1. oops, lol

Dagroth
2017-03-23, 02:13 PM
You have +3 BAB, +5 Dex.

A single punch or Kama attack is at +8

As a 5th level Monk equivalent, you're only -1 when Flurrying... so a Flurry of Blows would be +7/+7 with Kamas or Unarmed Strikes (or some combination of the two).

If you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, then you can technically use it as well. This would give you +5/+5/+5 with Kamas or Unarmed Strikes (or some combination of the two).

The third attack is a off-hand strike no-matter what, so you only get 1/2 Str damage bonus on it.

If you don't have Two-Weapon Fighting, then you're at +3/+3/-1.

BTW, if you get the Snap-Kick Feat (you need BAB +6), you get an extra unarmed strike... but all attacks for the round are at an additional -2.

So, assuming a BAB of +6 (which you won't have until Character Level 9, most likely... which will remove the flurry penalty at least.)...

BAB +6, +5 for Dex

Flurry at +11/+11/+6. Adding Two-Weapon Attack: +9/+9/+9/+4. Adding Snap-kick: +7/+7/+7/+2/+9 (Snap-kick is always the last attack, and is not affected by whatever weapons you're wielding because it's not an attack with your Primary or Secondary weapon.)

Diarmuid
2017-03-23, 04:26 PM
The added benefit of snap kick is getting an additional attack when you would normally only get a standard action.

Dagroth
2017-03-23, 04:59 PM
The added benefit of snap kick is getting an additional attack when you would normally only get a standard action.

True, I did leave that out. A standard action attack would be +9/+9 (due to the -2 from Snap Kick).

Even cooler, Snap Kick can add to Attacks of Opportunity.

Cruiser1
2017-03-23, 05:49 PM
I was wondering would I be able to use an Action Point to temporary gain the feat "Expanded Knowledge [Psionics]" to be able to manifest a power outside of my chosen list. My asked my DM, and he wasn't sure if it would work that way either with RAW rules.
There are two completely different sets of rules called "Action Points". There are Action Points from UA in the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm), which are very powerful and do allow using Action Points for things like temporarily granting yourself a feat you don't have, recalling a spell, etc. There are also Action Points from the Eberron Campaign Setting, which are much more limited in what you can do with them, however they're easier to acquire, e.g. the Eberron spell Unfettered Heroism grants you a free action point per round.

The game breaks if you try to blend both Action Point systems together. Then you can do things like cast the Eberron spell to give yourself free action points (persist it for good measure), and use them for infinite spells, continual free feats, and so on. In summary, whether you can gain the feat above, depends on which Action Point system your DM is using.

Nox0688
2017-03-23, 06:43 PM
As a 5th level Monk equivalent, you're only -1 when Flurrying... so a Flurry of Blows would be +7/+7 with Kamas or Unarmed Strikes (or some combination of the two).

Why is it -1? 5th level monk equivalent should be at +2 / +2.

Also should be getting another +1 to my attacks from masterwork as well. (I think?)

KillianHawkeye
2017-03-23, 07:33 PM
Why is it -1? 5th level monk equivalent should be at +2 / +2.

That +2/+2 is relative to your normal BAB of +3. It's not an added bonus, it's writing out the penalty. Read the text for flurry of blows