PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF] Trying to cram as much debuffing into one build as possible

Azoth
2017-03-23, 06:20 PM
I am trying to think of a build that combines as many methods of debuffing as possible. I do not care if the build can kill an enemy on its own or if it just sets up its allies for the kill. Granted the build must still be a functionable character and able to deliver the debuffs reliably on its own.

Currently I am thinking of a VMC Cleric Antipladin3/Lore Warden FighterX that uses Kitsune Style. It should have enough feats to go down the full Dirty Trick line and still pick up the necessary feats to do fear escalation tactics. If it uses a Cetsus it can even make use of Serpentine Tattoos to get two Dirty Tricks in a round. The Cleric VMC is to get Visions of Madness to scale fully and deliver it via a Conductive Weapon. The Anti paladin levels are to negate Fear immunity.

Any advice or other methods to quickly stack debuffs on an enemy in a single round?

Slithery D
2017-03-23, 09:50 PM
Mesmerist can put a -2/-3 hit on a target's will save (hypnotic stare), put a -2/-3 penalty on a selection of other things (bold stares), cause it to take more damage when it is hit (painful stares), save against additional debuffs when it is hit (painful stare feats), and cast a debuffing spell in the same around (I suggest Ill Omen, no save and forces it to roll twice and take lower on next 1+ d20 checks). Or in lieu of the spell do your Cleric VMC idea.

Azoth
2017-03-23, 10:15 PM
A 3 level dip to pick up either disorientation or sapped magic Bold Stare wouldn't be too bad. Swift action -2 Will saves and either to hit or spell save DCs.

Kurald Galain
2017-03-24, 01:19 AM
Any melee class (Magus is a good pick) with Frostbite + Rime Spell + Enforcer feat + cruel weapon. Each hit can cause fatigue + entangle + shaken + sickened debuffs. At higher levels, replace rime by Dazing Spell, and use a conductive weapon or the Hex/Domain/School Strike feat to tack on another effect.

CharonsHelper
2017-03-24, 07:39 AM
A Witch is pretty sweet for debuffing.

They get all of the best debuffing spells that wizards get (which make up the bulk of their list) and their hexes allow them to debuff at will. Evil Eye, Misfortune, Slumber, etc.

Kurald Galain
2017-03-24, 08:06 AM
A Witch is pretty sweet for debuffing.

Note that the OP specified "stack debuffs on an enemy in a single round". Witches can't do that, at least not with their hexes.

CharonsHelper
2017-03-24, 01:17 PM
Note that the OP specified "stack debuffs on an enemy in a single round". Witches can't do that, at least not with their hexes.

Sorry - in my head I'd explained the idea of using Quicken on Ill Omen before using a hex as a standard action. >.< Anyway - that's pretty sweet. Ice Tomb is nastier - but it's nastier when you have to roll twice and take the lower #.

Another thing to stack onto a melee debuffing build is 4 levels of Unchained Rogue for Debilitating Strike. Especially if you take the Thug Archetype combined with Blade of Mercy & Enforcer to cause fear out the wazoo.

The Thug/Blade of Mercy/Enforcer with a high Intimidate check (not hard) basically guarantees that a foe will be frightened for a round every time you hit them.

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-03-24, 04:44 PM
Rather than a Witch, consider Hexcrafter Magus for a high-level option. Everything you said about Quickened Ill Omen and follow ups plus Hex Strike (Ice Tomb). A dip into Mesmerist can help tank saves against your other debuffs, causing a cascade effect